What to call transsexuals?

Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:46 am GMT
<<Matt - shame on you! What has made you so lacking in basic human compassion? Referring to these unfortunate people in the way you did and then going on to say what you did about the way they should be treated is nothing less than obscene. It's a wonder you didn't go a step forward and suggest some kind of "final solution" scenario reminiscent of Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.>>

If I were to transplant my head onto a gorilla, would you support that? It will quite possibly be a reality to do this in the next 50 years. I feel I was meant to be a gorilla...
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:56 am GMT
I don't share your optimism in medical progress, but if what you said were true, then I would have a problem with it only for one reason. You are free to do whatever you want with your own body, but you don't have the right to the gorilla's body. If you wanted to attach your head to a robot body or something, that would be fine by me.
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:13 am GMT
Gorillas are just animals and not important. We've been killing animals for years for experiments. And head transplantation has been done before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdJGlYOL0r4

That was in the 70s. I think we will have better technology soon.
Guest   Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:08 pm GMT
<<Transgendered means that there is a disconnect between the psychological sexual identification and the physical sex of a person. Remember that sex is biological, whereas gender is a psychological construct.
>>

What would a true hermaphrodite be classified as then?

<<I have no "reasonings" or "beliefs" about sexual dysphoria and other sexual identity issues,>>

That's not entirely true, now is it? Your belief is actually in the "facts", even if you deny association with the word and the concept of a "belief".

<<And medical evidence abounds on this matter; those who vehemently object to that fact are, in fact, probably guilty of showing THEIR biases and beliefs. ;) >>

LOL, been there; done that. Not to "touché" you with counter-smuggism, but you have more to learn :)
Skippy   Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:03 pm GMT
The polite thing to do is refer to a transsexual (hermaphrodites as well) as the sex with which they identify. However, on official documents (and medical records, etc.) they should be identified by their natural gender, but have it noted that they are transgendered or hermaphroditic.
Matt   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 am GMT
Look, people, trannies need psychological help, not invasive surgery. It is not normal to start cutting one's bits and pieces off, and it is not normal for society to accept it.
Rosemachinegun   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:32 am GMT
<< It is not normal to start cutting one's bits and pieces off, and it is not normal for society to accept it. >>

Unless we're talking male circumcision. In which case there's no more normal a mutilation.
Guest   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 am GMT
Circumcision is not natural, unfortunately, religious hegemony has seen a spread in this barbaric practice. For those who do support it, why males but not females?
Matt   Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:50 am GMT
Circumcision is unnatural - it is a violent sexual attack on a little baby. It should be illegal.
Guest   Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:40 am GMT
Circumcision makes baby Jesus cry
Skippy   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:30 pm GMT
Baby Jesus was circumcised.
Examination   Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:38 pm GMT
I'm confused, do we call transsexuals he or she?
Uriel   Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:27 pm GMT
Hermaphroditism is a different issue than transsexuality; hermaphrodites really are born with the sex organs of both sexes. However, they usually have been raised as the one that they most resemble, so I think it would be safe to call them by whatever outward gender they appear to be.

<<Look, people, trannies need psychological help, not invasive surgery. It is not normal to start cutting one's bits and pieces off, and it is not normal for society to accept it. >>

Actually, no medical procedure or treatment is natural. It is not natural to interfere with nature's grand plan to have you die early from childhood leukemia, scarlet fever, or childbirth. Nature wants you to suffer from disease, injury, and deformity; that's why it provides microbes, accidents, and developmental defects free of charge. Every time you get a vaccination or an antibiotic or have a malignant tumor removed, it's an unnatural act that is "not normal". It's entirely arbitrary what society chooses to accept -- boob jobs and rhinoplasty, but not vaginal reconstruction? We'll treat seizures with deep brain stimulator implants and OCD with serotonin reuptake inhibitors, but you better just suffer in silence if your brain isn't correctly wired to your plumbing, and try to make the best of it, because some people aren't "comfortable" with your problem? Or might it just be better to butt out of other people's medical problems, and leave that between them and their doctors. (Sorry -- am I being smug again? Perhaps our little guest would like to school me some more with his or her vast knowledge and expertise in the area....)
Guest   Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:23 pm GMT
Imagine if you found out your wife used to be a man! That would be worse than death!
Uriel   Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:41 am GMT
Dude, if you're just now finding out, you haven't been looking that hard!