Agree to Disagree

Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 am GMT
In the ongoing French versus Spanish debate, can we at least agree to disagree?
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:24 am GMT
There are actually two debates:

The first debate is,
Which one's more important and useful? (Spanish vs French)

And the second debate is,
Which one's easier? (Spanish vs English)

Both debates have always been going on forever.
Ralf   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:52 am GMT
No again. I just read the World Languages and The French Troll, Spammers, Started to insult again.

First Debate:

I don't speak spanish, but my Friends who speak both languages, say that Spanish is eaiser than French. The most difficult of Spanish is the Verbs.

Second Debate:

I think for me and friends English . For not Romance LAguage Speakers is easier English. I think that the most difficult is how to pronunce the words.
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 am GMT
1. It is being proven that Spanish is more important and useful than French.

2. It is also being proven in many debates before that Spanish is slightly easier than English, which comes in third place of "easiness".
Rumiante   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:13 am GMT
I'd say there is a third debate which is why do we hate each other? I really don't understand:

It's because one says French or Spanish is on decline? and what? they're only statistics. You can believe them or not.

It's because you think one language is superior to the other one?
That's not true. None of them is superior . Of course is my personal opinion.

It's other reason. Well I cannot think of any other one.

In fact I'm Spaniard and I really appreciate the things French people have given to the world and that can be more or less than Spanish people have given to the world. Please, No ataques este punto que me ha quedado muy bonito.

In short, I really like french people especialmente las francesas que son preciosas.
Ralf   Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:49 am GMT
I agree Rumiante
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:30 am GMT
No hay acuerdo posible. No podemos rechazar la realidad de que el español es mejor que el francés.
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 am GMT
lol ... who cares?! Seriously, who does? Who has so little to do in his or her life then to spend all their time on this crappy forum claiming his or hers language superiority ... GET A LIFE LOSERS
Naked Eye   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 pm GMT
"In the ongoing French versus Spanish debate..."

The no such debate.
There are a lot of Hispanic trolls who keep claiming there language is tremendously superior to French. No French ever cares to reply.
But these are sort of self-unfulfilling prophecies.
If the Spics were so sure of their alleged linguistic superiority how come they are permanently spurred by some urge to proclaim it?
It just shows how insecure they feel.
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:35 pm GMT
<<It just shows how insecure they feel.>>

Creo que no. Mas bien creo que son otros los inseguros. Mira este artículo:

EL ESPAÑOL SERA LA SEGUNDA LENGUA MAS HABLADA DEL MUNDO

- El español que, en la actualidad, es la cuarta lengua más hablada en el planeta por detrás del chino, el inglés y el hindi, pasará a ser en el año 2030 la segunda, por detrás tan solo del chino

- Según López Morales, que también es miembro de la Academia Puertorriqueña de la Lengua, hoy habla español el 5,7 por ciento de la población mundial, porcentaje que crecerá al 7,5 por ciento en 2030.

- Destacó también que Estados Unidos es, con 32 millones de hispanohablantes, el quinto país hispano del mundo, y dijo que en 2050 será el primero.

- En cuanto a la importancia económica del español, López Morales resaltó que en Europa ya es la segunda lengua de los negocios, según las multinacionales europeas.

http://www.azcentral.com/lavoz/front/articles/081708a2-CR.html

PD. No he hablado para nada del francés.
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:53 pm GMT
"en Europa ya es la segunda lengua de los negocios, según las multinacionales europeas."

Does that mean "Spanish is #2 in trade relations within Europe"?
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:01 pm GMT
No it doen't. Within Europe German is.
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:11 pm GMT
Yes, it is the second most important language for big European companies to do business and open new markets. The survey is done by the Centre of languages of the United Kingdom.

The most important are:

1. English: 39%

2. Spanish: 20%

3. Chinese: 17%

4. Arabic: 10%

5. Russian: 6%

5. French: 6%
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:18 pm GMT
<<Yes, it is the second most important language for big European companies to do business and open new markets. The survey is done by the Centre of languages of the United Kingdom.

The most important are:

1. English: 39%

2. Spanish: 20%

3. Chinese: 17%

4. Arabic: 10%

5. Russian: 6%

5. French: 6%>>

Absolutely true, I also have read that report and Spanish is the second most requested by big European companies!!!
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:22 pm GMT
Can you provide a link to the source of your information?