My American Accent

Ray   Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:38 pm GMT
I may have a slight lisp when speaking with American accent but the "sh" thing you hear in the clip is mostly due to the recording equipment.

>>I think there is a slight tell-tale in the way you pronounce your esses -- sort of in a slightly lispy way, or with a hint of an "sh" diphthong, consistent with a Finnish accent, yesh?<<

Absolutely not consistent with Finnish accent. Usually we pronounce our esses very clearly.
ESB   Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:44 pm GMT
Very nice and native-sounding, as others have pointed out. However, I did notice that your "e" sound is slightly unnatural, especially the way you pronounced the words "stressed", "fed", etc.
Pete   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:09 pm GMT
Wow nice work. I wish I was as accentless as you =)
myshashi   Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:13 am GMT
My American Accent..

I'm an Indian. Here people are much interested in learning American Accent though we were originally taught British English. We love British English but American Accent seems to be a cash-making accent here because of outsourcing from America to India. I can say " All of us, born with British English and some of us, earn with American English. To know about my American accent, you need to ask my Voice and Accent trainer.hahaha...Thank you...

To read more about accent...http://www.neutralaccent.com
Ray   Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:50 pm GMT
ESB,

>>However, I did notice that your "e" sound is slightly unnatural, especially the way you pronounced the words "stressed", "fed", etc. <<

Slightly unnatural in what way? Would you care to elaborate?
By the way, I don't remember using the word "fed" in the sample.