Hey British guys, I love this accent!!!

Pete   Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:44 am GMT
<<Then what should I do to get British women easily? are they, by any chance, the most "difficult" women around the world?>>

I regret saying that. I will get British women more easily as soon as I quit speaking nonsense
Terry   Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:26 am GMT
<<Then what should I do to get British women easily? are they, by any chance, the most "difficult" women around the world?>>

I regret saying that. I will get British women more easily as soon as I quit speaking nonsense "

Oh, Pete, where are you from? You remind me of many of my male friends (US) who have had trouble getting women. But don't despair. It's the same in every language and I suspect in every part of the world. All men seem to have even more trouble with women than we do with them. But believe me, in spite of what you may hear, women have trouble too.

Here is the advice I give to so many of my male friends and it really has helped them.

First, "Just don't ( do not!) be yourself and you'll be fine." ( My mother gave me this very same advice when I was in high school as she realized I was "weird") Other mothers at the time were foolishly saying the opposite.

Seriously, don't say much. A woman has an idea in her mind about what she wants in a man and if you don't say too much about what you think, then you become that perfect mate, as she forms the perfect "you" in her head. In other words, nod a lot and keep going back to the bar to refresh her drinks. Best of luck.

Of course if you want an intelligent woman to talk to and spend your life with, well then, the rules change. Get back to me when that happens.

And remember, according to the studies, keep whispering sweet words in her ears.
Candy   Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:52 am GMT
<<Really Candy, you must visit. So many people here are so enamoured of the British, that you would have a great time! >>

I really should visit the US again - it's almost 10 years since I was last there. (I spent a week in NY in 1996, and 2 weeks with a friend near Seattle in 1995). The 'problem' is that now I have a Canadian partner, so if we're heading North America-wards, we go there to see his family. (Of course, Canada's great too! ;)
Have you ever been to the UK, Terry?

<<<<Then what should I do to get British women easily? are they, by any chance, the most "difficult" women around the world?>>

I regret saying that. I will get British women more easily as soon as I quit speaking nonsense >>

Very true, Pete - and I'm not touching that question with a bargepole! :-)
Terry   Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:24 pm GMT
"Have you ever been to the UK, Terry?"

Yes, I've been to London and had a great time! The people were so much fun and not too many of them hated us.

My only problem was the refrigeration. Even drinks right out of the cooler weren't cold enough. I even had to put ice in my milk. I think it must be a matter of preference. In the US we like everything ice cold but in the UK they don't.
Rick Johnson   Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:19 pm GMT
<< say you are in Essex you have a kind of posh accent>>

There are no posh people in essex!

Joke:

Q What does an Essex girl say after sex?
A Do you all play on the same team?
Damian never been to Esse   Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:30 pm GMT
Terry: if we need extra refrigeration here in Scotland we just leave things outside the back door. And aye...London is one wunnerfae fun place!

Essex girls.......they had a team of Essex Boys and Essex Girls on the Weakest Link a wee while back....hey...they were a really bright crew! And some of them sounded quite posh....not much Estuaryspeak if any between the nine of them. Maybe their reputation is undeserved and they are maligned unfairly, but who am I to judge...I've never been to Essex....just close.

http://www.jardmail.co.uk/manwoman/shortessex.shtml
Terry   Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:58 pm GMT
Terry: if we need extra refrigeration here in Scotland we just leave things outside the back door.

Oh yes, when we were teenagers in the winters in New England we often just put our beer in snow banks when we had drinking parties in the woods. Works great.

Do Scots ( is that the right word?) like their beverages more chilled than the English?
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:02 am GMT
<<Oh, Pete, where are you from? You remind me of many of my male friends (US) who have had trouble getting women. But don't despair. It's the same in every language and I suspect in every part of the world. All men seem to have even more trouble with women than we do with them. But believe me, in spite of what you may hear, women have trouble too.>>

Hey, I hope that is a joke. I find it a bit insulting.

<<Here is the advice I give to so many of my male friends and it really has helped them.

First, "Just don't ( do not!) be yourself and you'll be fine." ( My mother gave me this very same advice when I was in high school as she realized I was "weird") Other mothers at the time were foolishly saying the opposite.

Seriously, don't say much. A woman has an idea in her mind about what she wants in a man and if you don't say too much about what you think, then you become that perfect mate, as she forms the perfect "you" in her head. In other words, nod a lot and keep going back to the bar to refresh her drinks. Best of luck.>>

That's interesting of you giving that advice. It must be the only woman iving the right clue to get to women. But another man understood this before you and wrote a book about it. This man is Darrel Bristow who wrote an extremely stupid but hilarious (and sometimes useful) book, "I MOVED YOUR CHEESE". I read it a couple of months ago, and I suppose you must have read it as well. But I cannot and I will not, rob myself from the great pleasure of being myself.

<<Of course if you want an intelligent woman to talk to and spend your life with, well then, the rules change. Get back to me when that happens. >>

Of that, I'm sure. I don't want a stupid woman. For I am not a stupid man, I believe so.
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:07 am GMT
I don't want any woman forming a perfect idea of me inside their head. And certainly why should I stay silent so she can build this "idea" of the perfect man? There's no perfect man, but only us, normal men.

I would consider it a humiliation... to say nothing and not saying what I really think so someone can keep alive a wrong idea about be and love me because of that. I am as I am. If they like me as I am, thats great. If they don't, they can f*ck off and go for another one, not me.
Terry   Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:35 am GMT
<<Hey, I hope that is a joke. I find it a bit insulting.>>

It was a joke, Pete. I don't insult anyone, unless of course they insult me first, then, well the gloves are history.

<<But another man understood this before you and wrote a book about it. This man is Darrel Bristow who wrote an extremely stupid but hilarious (and sometimes useful) book, "I MOVED YOUR CHEESE". I read it a couple of months ago, and I suppose you must have read it as well.>>

I haven't read it but I'll have to get a copy. Was it as stupid as that old, "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus"? And that wasn't even funny or useful.

<<But I cannot and I will not, rob myself from the great pleasure of being myself.>>

I would never dream of robbing you of that Pete.

<<There's no perfect man, but only us, normal men.>>

There's no "perfect" anybody but let's face it, some are better than others. Of course it's subjective.

What are "normal men" in your view?
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:28 am GMT
<<There's no "perfect" anybody but let's face it, some are better than others. Of course it's subjective.>>

It is subjective, I agree. I would rather tend to think that everyone is different and has different qualities and defects. And it's one oneself who finds things that make that particular person better or worse than others, at least to one's eyes. This, or something like this, appears in that book "I MOVED YOUR CHEESE" and it's a fact I totally agree with.

<<What are "normal men" in your view?>>

Although I also wonder what's a perfect man or a perfect woman, and if there are such things, by saying normal men I mean that we men are human, not better, not worse, but only human. :) That's our weakness, but also our greatest asset, our strength. :)
Terry   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:00 am GMT
I would rather tend to think that everyone is different and has different qualities and defects. And it's one oneself who finds things that make that particular person better or worse than others, at least to one's eyes.
and . . .
Although I also wonder what's a perfect man or a perfect woman, and if there are such things, by saying normal men I mean that we men are human, not better, not worse, but only human. :) That's our weakness, but also our greatest asset, our strength. :)

Thats all quite poetic, Pete. And yes, I agree, for my sex as well.
Pete   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:09 am GMT
It would be even better, if said with Ralph Fiennes accent. LOL
Guest   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:15 am GMT
Dear Pete, the world would be a better place if you expired to fertilize it.
Terry   Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:20 am GMT
<<It would be even better, if said with Ralph Fiennes accent. LOL >>

Yes, (LOL), the Ralph Fiennes accent would be the proverbial "icing on the cake."