Does Russian sounds like Portuguese?

huist   Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 pm GMT
I prefer the brazilian version of portuguese.
European portuguese seems a bit slavic,but its stil fucking ugly.
looling Joao   Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:00 pm GMT
Ninoneto is not Brazilian. He's Italian.
Shuimo   Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:23 pm GMT
Maybe he is Brazilian-Italian. They say Italy is the best country in the world, but for some reason they like to migrate to other countries: Brazil, USA, Australia, Argentina,... There is not a rich country in the world (Brazil was in the past and some parts still are nowadays) that is not contaminated by these people.
looling joao   Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:31 am GMT
Anyone cares as the only ones who come up with that anti-Portugal BS are not Brazilians but other-countries' nationals claiming to be Brazilians. That's what I mean.
Lollita   Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm GMT
I agree with troling jueun
Creator of Saiyanese   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 pm GMT
Which Slavonic language sounds the least Slavic?
bon jour   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:04 pm GMT
italian, of course.
bon jour   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 pm GMT
wow i heard romance.
* * *   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:09 pm GMT
"They say Italy is the best country in the world, but for some reason they like to migrate to other countries: Brazil, USA, Australia, Argentina,.."

and you forgot France, the main target of latino emigration.
All parts of France are infected beyond any recognition by Wop immigrants.
Franco   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:26 pm GMT
Italy is the last country that I would visit
italy culture is corny
and italy food gives me caganeira
Franco   Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 pm GMT
Beg me differ. I was in Italy and it's not bad at all. Speciall architecture is absolutely fine. All countries in Western Europe are worth being visited. I can't not say the same about Morocco and countries like these. Their mere name being pronounced make me puke.
Penetra   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 am GMT
Ó ninoneto, faça-nos o favor de restringir-se a escrever em português, que seus erros na nossa língua são menos vexatórios.
From the English forum   Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:59 pm GMT
Dear Achab

Your comments are very rude. I am sure that all the native English speakers will agree with me on this point. I will send an email of complaint to Tom.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Achab Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 am GMT

Robin Michael,

You freak, this should be posted in your "What motivates people?" thread, i.e. the thread where Germaine inserted the commentary to which your message is a reply. It's unbelievable that you opened up this brand new thread.

You don't even mention that your point-by-point answer to Germaine refers, in fact, to something that's been said in that other thread, so if a forum user should stumble into this one in the future they would be left wondering what you're talking about.

Stop treating this forum as your own personal blog.

With every good wish,

Achab
Franco   Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:47 pm GMT
The accent of European Portuguese is very similar to the accent of Cape Verde creole. Both are stress-timed.
Well, at least these 2 are the ones that are closest in the case of Romance Languages,in my humble way of looking.
Kaops   Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:08 pm GMT
The accent of European Portuguese is very similar to the accent of Cape Verde creole.

//
It's not. Your statement is only partially true. There are two types/groups of Cape Verde creoles:

1. vowel-friendly, sibilant [s is ss, not sh] Sotavento variety (Santiago, Maio, Fogo, Brava), the older [Afrikanized] variant 65 % of speakers and Brazilian sounding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gqmSITfDw8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzmdDRjBE2M

2. harsh, consonant-heavy, palatalizing [s is sh] Barlavento variety (S. Vicente, S. Antão, Sal, Boavista, S. Nicolau), the newer [Lusitanised] variant, 35 % of speakers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4WIsQwkbJw