Listening.
Reading.
Writing.
Vocabulary.
Prounciation.
Grammar.
PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSIBALE.
Alicia   Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:56 am GMT
I don't think you can really rank these conclusively. It depends on your personal situation!

For instance, if you're about to visit an English-speaking country, then probably listening would be number 1, speaking 2, and reading 3 (vocabulary 4, etc.). If you're a researcher at a university in a non-English speaking country and you're not planning to visit an English-speaking country, then probably reading would be number one.

On the other hand, if you want to embark on a truly comprehensive course of learning English, and have all the time in the world, then all are equally important!!

May I also point out that some concepts overlap...
1. You can't *write* English properly without vocabulary and grammar.
2. You can't *speak* English properly without vocabulary and grammar, and pronunciation to a lesser extent (personally, I don't care about accent; just make sure that people can understand you).

In essense, the concepts you mentioned are not independent entities, but are rather dependent on one another and should be learned together, not separately.
lu   Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:35 pm GMT
I think listening comes first before speaking.
After all you can't speak to a native English speaker until you understand him.
Arturo Mendoza (mexico)   Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:56 pm GMT
Hi everyone.
Well in my opininiĆ³n I think that in order to become a fluent speaker in English you must increment your vocabulary. It is the same in your mother tongue as much words you know as much you can speak. But its not that simple you need to do more than that... as I read in others opinions how can you become a fluent speaker if you dont speak?? well here is the gist of this YOU MUST speak. Ask yourself question in English and try to respond them in English too.. or you can ask yourself question in your OWN language and try to respond them in English ... I hope this can help to improve your English.

You can also:
Listen English songs... you can find the lirycs in internet.
Watch movies on DVDs where you can read what they are saying.
Talk with other guys in English.
and please... READ....... EVERY DAY
Boy   Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:17 am GMT
Learning more and words is very helpful if they are learned in a proper context or example sentences. Learning them from a list is not helpful at all and they will be forgotten easily. It doesn't matter if you learn only 30 words a month but what really matters is how to master them and use them in their right context.
ahsan   Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:05 am GMT
HI I AM AHSAN FROM PAKISTAN .I HAVE LOT OF PROBLEM TO SPEAK ENGLISH FLUENTLY .FIRST IS HESITATION SECOND IS FORGET VOCABULARIES AND GRAMMRTICAL MISTAKES IS ALSO .PLEASE SSSSSS. GIVE ME PRACTICAL WAYS AND EASY METHODS .
THANK YOU???????????
Michael   Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:46 pm GMT
I am brazilian i have 14 years old i dont speak english very well and i do a good course of english.I want to learn English and thinks more words of english because i want to trip for this world only speak english
elias berihun   Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:56 am GMT
i came this country 2years ago but i still can't speak english well. i want to be a perfect english speaker what should you advise me to do.
punitha   Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:48 am GMT
pls give some suggestion regaring english

my mail id is sivappy @hotmail.com. r u coming in online
basmah   Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:29 pm GMT
Peace Be Upon You

i found that the title page is "what are the practical steps to speak english fluently"

so, what about that ?

thanks

Peace
mohameed saied   Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:17 pm GMT
i want speake english
Blue Rooster   Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:49 am GMT
Eat my English.

I don't know that chic world of industries which make people look more important than those who don't speak English. If you studied in your country and got a doctorate, but in the English world you have to restudy to show who you are there. It's ridiculous for many.
Fat Hen   Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:19 pm GMT
It's absurd, but what would we do without speaking and teaching in English. Even if we don't want to restudy, we have to.
Big Ass   Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:39 am GMT
Hey dudes, I want you two fall in loving and tell us some romance!
Blue Rooster   Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:47 am GMT
Fat hen has no big ass. She's plain and stronger than I.