[Locked] What Topic Brought You to Antimoon?

Casual Sex   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 pm GMT
Obviously, I googled 'sex' to get here. lol
Laura Braun   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:18 pm GMT
I saw so many lonely people everywhere on the internet. People which prefer to write instead to talk to each other. It's like a huge problem of the whole generation. The only people who talk about sex are those who don't have it, Casual sex, I'm sorry to say that. Why people do not read their readings, listen their music, they will get to know much more English language which is ALIVE. I came here 6 years ago, I wanted to improve my language, no time for lessons anymore. But I should have to know more about talking with strangers... or anyways.
Casual Sex   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:37 pm GMT
True, you've improved your English, but I still don't know what the hell are you talking about.
And babe, rrr.
K. T.   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 pm GMT
"The only people who talk about sex are those who don't have it."

I've wondered about that as well. There used to be an unattractive woman who worked in the hospital who told the dirtiest jokes I have ever heard. I'd try to avoid her, actually. She was very competent at her job, but she was terrible at making conversation except for the jokes-jokes that would make a sailor blush.
-Mjdt-   Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:50 pm GMT
"Who is the current moderator anyway? MJDT?

And what ever happened to Brennus and Josh? Have they moved on? "

I'm only a moderator for the language forums, I assume Tom is doing the cleaning/tidying up in this one. The previous moderators are still moderators here as far as I know. I have no idea if they visit the forums often though. I'm currently relocated at the moment, and I don't have my account pass to hand, though the civility level seems generally good as of now anyway.
Damian Putney SW15   Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:14 pm GMT
The miracle that is the English Langage, and an exuse to use it in script form ad nauseam and ad infinitum.
Guest   Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:18 pm GMT
And occasional lapsus calami. You, Damian are one of the reasons I choose to stay here.
Laura Braun   Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:32 am GMT
K.T. it's regarded what that guy Casual sex said. I said what I said. I cannot understand your stupid joke.
Trimac20   Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:02 am GMT
I was drawn here by my interests in accents as well. The way they talk some of the people sound like professors of linguistics at Oxford or Harvard!
Damian Notting Hill W11   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:40 pm GMT
Aye...lapsus calami....it's just something we Arians have to live with I'm afraid. I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what my parents got up to one hot night in early July.

Anyway, many thanks for your kind comment. I'm quite content being a rambling Antimooner.....it's certainly better than mugging old ladies with bulging purses outside Waitrose supermarket - anyway, I gave up that kind of caper when I left uni.....too many of the old ladies kept fighting back.
Casual Sex   Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:49 pm GMT
>>I'm quite content being a rambling Antimooner.....it's certainly better than mugging old ladies<<

Well it's not better than having sex, so if you'll excuse me...
K. T.   Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:36 pm GMT
"K.T. it's regarded what that guy Casual sex said. I said what I said. I cannot understand your stupid joke."

I didn't make any joke, Laura. I guess you didn't understand my post.
Often a "dirty joke" means a joke about sex. I hope that helps you understand it.
Laura Braun   Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:31 pm GMT
In fact when you write in google 'how to learn english' this is the second thread which can brought you here. K.T. thank you for your explanation.
Guest   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:08 am GMT
<<I've wondered about that as well. There used to be an unattractive woman who worked in the hospital who told the dirtiest jokes I have ever heard. I'd try to avoid her, actually. She was very competent at her job, but she was terrible at making conversation except for the jokes-jokes that would make a sailor blush. >>

Could you tell us one of her jokes ? I'm intrigued.
K. T.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:21 am GMT
I don't want to make the sailors and children here blush.