[Locked] What Topic Brought You to Antimoon?

Anti-Moon!   Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:44 am GMT
Being a fisherman, tides play an important role in my life. If there were no tides, I would be able to increase my income by fishing at all hours whenever I wanted. Unfortunately, the Moon pulls the water away from me for a long period of time and this enrages me. Thus, I was searching on google for somewhere to take out my rage on the Moon and I stumbled upon this site. I was disappointed it wasn't dedicated to loathing of the Moon, but it was not a bad language site...
The Moon   Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:19 am GMT
Yeah well we all know what you fishermen get up to on your long 'fishing' trips.
Arse-pirates to a man , all of you.
K. T. (Not KT)   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 pm GMT
I did not write that post about rape. I noticed that someone erased all the threads I started in the language forums recently-threads that I hoped would stimulate posters to use their language skills while sticking to a topic. Maybe the threads went wildly astray during the night.
Guest   Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:29 pm GMT
<<I did not write that post about rape. I noticed that someone erased all the threads I started in the language forums recently-threads that I hoped would stimulate posters to use their language skills while sticking to a topic. Maybe the threads went wildly astray during the night. >>

I noticed that too. Sad.

Perhaps you should advise them that the rules might be revised to allow discussions *in* other languages, rather than only *about* languages, as that can get dull real quick. I mean, how much can we possibly talk about LANGUAGES? No wonder why we bicker, rant and fight.
LM   Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:15 pm GMT
I was looking for smth in the web and come across a post by Damian which I found amazing. I've also read some cynical threads which were meaty and far from being politically correct at the same time - it was fresh and very different from other forums where moderators are deeply concerned about housewives' feelings. So I'm here for some years already (but I'm not an everyday poster).
K. T.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm GMT
Thank-you for your comments and suggestion, Guest. I noticed that the "sports" thread got chopped too. Maybe "Marvels" and "Film" were too far off-topic for Antimoon. When it comes to graphology, though, that's a legitimate question as it deals with handwriting related to language. In France, they DON'T want you to write your signature in a legible way, but they DO want to see your handwriting. For people from other countries who have textbook-pretty handwriting when using the latin alphabet (Japanese people, for example), I wonder if this increases or decreases their chances of being hired. It would be interesting to know if other countries judge people on their handwriting. It's marginally related to languages, but it's related.

Although I was hired in France (I wrote my C.V. by hand), I have my doubts about the validity of using graphologists in the workplace. It isn't any weirder than Japanese people using blood typing or astrology (also used by some in the US, believe it or not), but it's still seems very iffy to me.
K. T.   Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:21 pm GMT
Correction: It still seems iffy to me.

For learners: "Iffy" means questionable.

Tom   Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:48 pm GMT
Locking this topic because it has nothing to do with languages.