Olympic Games 2016

Olympic man   Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 pm GMT
These Games. like other important events, are very important to promote one language. Tokyo, Rio, Chicago and Madrid are the candidates, but Friday only one will win.

So, English, Spanish, Japanese or Portuguese will be well represented by these cities, and one of these languages will be promoted: you need to know some knowledge if you want to travel to the Olympic Games in 2016.

PD. Well, English doesn't need to be promoted if Chicago wins, but the other 3 languages yes.

Good luck to all of them!
ameritards   Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:41 pm GMT
Bloody Chicago is going to win...
nonolympian   Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:38 am GMT
<<Bloody Chicago is going to win... >>

Let's hope not, for the sake of Chicago -- having the Olympics nearby is always a big hassle.
nobama   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:15 am GMT
All those disgusting Obama worshipers are going to vote for Chicago...
/*-   Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 am GMT
It is all about politics and money.
L.A. LAw   Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 am GMT
Chicago is a lousy forgotten city with no prestige, and with a heavy accent (see Northern Cities Vowel Shift). Even Miami, Boston and SF are more frequent in US media than Chicago.
fraz   Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:12 am GMT
Until very recently, Olympic results were anounced in English, French and the local language (if applicable).

French has now been taken off the list.
cnalbus   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:19 pm GMT
<<Olympic results were anounced in English, French and the local language (if applicable).>>

If the Olympics are in Chicago, I assume they'll announce the results in RP and NCVS?
Evinoria   Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:30 pm GMT
It would be a shame that Chicago gets the OG only because Obama is the president now and he is far more popular than Bush internationally. USA has hosted te OG many times , why not giving a chance to Rio .
Rio40grauxxx   Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:08 am GMT
Real commercial from Rio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmHgekcxa7I
BUENOS AIRES   Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 am GMT
What I wanna know is why they wanna put it in Rio when Rio is a dirty slum town. It would be better in stately and majestic Buenos Aires.
Guest   Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:42 am GMT
Because Buenos Aires is not even a candidate city.
Harman   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 am GMT
Spain has bigger problems than a OG. Half country is unemployent....those corrupt politics....they wanna do business with OG
re   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:37 am GMT
They'd better not pick Chicago because of Obama. After all, he will be long gone in 2016 anyway.
Login   Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:55 am GMT
Tokyo, Rio, Chicago, Madrid

I vote for Rio (I'm not Brazilian or Portuguese)