Why are Spanish people so loud?

Madrid   Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:12 am GMT
The spanish people do speak loud, and they love to argue, try watching Salvame..!!,,hahaa.. they like to speak over someone else speaking and thus its louder.., saying that though they are nice people, but they loose there heads within a split second..!! I don't understand that at all..hahhaa..
Noil   Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:03 pm GMT
I too have this impression about hispanics.

1---This can be cultural.
Maybe because i watched many 90's americans movies,with al pacino,sean penn etc,and almost always has a hispanic,immigrant,wearing floral shirts,trading drugs,...
And sometimes one guy are walking in the other side of the street and they scream "arriba".
And these guys are violent,always someone die in these movies.
2---Add also the fact that they always are fighting for give the impression of "exoticity","tropicity" and "sensuality".
I think that hispanic propaganda is the easiest to be found.
They are always wanting to be known by everybody,instead of just chill like everyone else(germans,portuguese,italians,british etc).
3---Their foreign policy is very agressive.
They are always invading the other countries.Annexing other cultures.Owing money.
Add do this the fact that latin america is a communist continent.
Everybody there is screaming with red clothes,saying that us is the devil.
The exceptions are brazil,surinames,guiana,colombia,chile and peru.
We almost cant hear about these countries.
Franco   Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:32 pm GMT
I don't know from where did you get that Brazil is a kind of a capitalist paradise among its red Spanish speaking neighbors. Maybe you ate too much rotten bacalhau tonigh. Lula, yet another Latin American leftist leader, is close friend of Hugo Chavez and Castro. Despite he is not as extremist as these two, he still shares a lot of their populism. For example Lula said recently that ongoing financial crisis has to be blamed to "blue-eyed individuals". I was amazed that the president of a country like Brazil had the guts to say that idiocy. It seems that cheap anti-white populism sells among the pardo populace.
Ren   Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:29 pm GMT
Lula is an idiot..and thank god his term is ending this year I must agree! I wish his plane would crash somewhere in the atlantic coast.

Anyway...yes the spanish are quite loud, but so are we brazilians, and italians...lol
Franco   Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm GMT
There are only two reliable countries in Latin America, one of them is Chile and the other one is Costa Rica . The rest are banana republics.
Ren   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:31 pm GMT
Right Franco. lol and those words coming out of your mouth make it even more reliable.
Franco   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 pm GMT
Don't be so happy. At least these two countries are Spanish speaking. There is only one Portuguese speaking country in Latin America, Brazil, and it must be put inevitably in the sack of banana republics. In fact bananas is an important crop in Brazil, isn't it?.
Ren   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:58 pm GMT
Not more than Mexico lol. Brazil outweights those spanish speaking countries and hey, I am quite happy to be the only Portuguese speaking country in the Americas. Do not see anything wrong with that.
Franco   Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 pm GMT
India also outweights Luxembourg, but I prefer to live in Luxembourg than in India, or in Uruguay rather than in Brazil.
Ren   Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 pm GMT
Well I am glad. One less hispanic douchebag here in Brazil :)
fraz   Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm GMT
It's not just the fact that Spanish people are loud, but they all seem to talk at the same time.
Risun   Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:31 pm GMT
Native speakers of Spanish probably won't know what you're talking about.

It's hard to tell what about Spanish you are perceiving as "loud". My guess is that you're talking at least in part about the pitch of the speakers' voice. Spanish is usually spoken in a higher pitch than any other language. If you are trying to speak loud, the pitch of your voice naturally goes up too. So I wonder if you're hearing higher pitch, and thinking that they're trying to speak louder.

It's just a difference between the way that the two languages are spoken. A comparable example is how people who go to Chinatown in San Francisco say that people always sound angry there. It's not that they're angry, but they're speaking Cantonese, which uses the pitch of their voices in a different way. When English speakers hear these pitch changes, they think it means they're angry because that's what it would mean in English. However, they're really just speaking Cantonese.

Other differences between English and Spanish are the rhythm. Spanish syllables seem to be much closer to equal in length than English syllables. (English has some syllables that are very long, and some syllables that are very short.) English speakers who are expecting English-like rhythm will have a harder time following Spanish.

Regards.
PARISIEN   Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:26 pm GMT
<< yes the spanish are quite loud, but so are we brazilians, and italians... >>

-- Some languages "cut through" more than others.
German too has a high loudness potential.
Colombian   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm GMT
TRUST is another factor you can link with high level conversation.
We connect a clear, clean, loud spoken language with reliability and trust.

A weary language is suspicious, not trustworthy, in some scenarios.

It has to do with Freedom, also. Everyone can speak however loud they want, even sometimes it's anoying of course.

As greatly said before, our words are designed as blasts, because of the vowels, so they're loud. We don't use most of VOICED sounds that are quieter.

Nothing to do with roman farmers.

Please check the Happiness Index of your county in Happy Planet Index 2.0
and find out how you are.

Most "Banana Republics" (Thank you) come first.

http://www.happyplanetindex.org/public-data/files/happy-planet-index-2-0.pdf

1.Costa Rica
2.Dominican Republic
3.Jamaica
4.Guatemala
5.Vietnam
6.Colombia
7.Cuba
8.El Salvador
9.Brazil
10.Honduras
11.Nicaragua

"...In Latin America, they combine to create a society that is able to rise above economic hardships, whilst drawing great benefit from its social links. It is worth noting that, despite a poor economic record in terms of average income and an even poorer record in terms of inequality, Latin America still enjoys levels of health that are close to those of Central Europe and often superior to Eastern Europe. As well as reasonable state provision in many countries (e.g., in Colombia almost half of the country’s 44 million people enjoy free public health care), this is likely to be in part due to strong social networks forming a safety net for those who are less fortunate.
Some have mocked the high levels of reported life satisfaction in Latin American countries as belying a lack of knowledge of anything better (i.e. Western lifestyles). On the contrary, Latin America is perhaps more exposed to North American culture than anywhere else in the developing world. Yet somehow it has been more resitant to idolising this lifestyle, or at least more able to be happy with its own way of life despite this influence. Pura vida is a popular expression in Costa Rica which is used somewhat like the English term ‘cool’. It translates literally as ‘pure life’ and represents in itself an attitude to what is important." ...

Bye.
MuñequitaLinda   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm GMT
Why are Spanish people so loud?
Porque Podemos.

Spanish is Pura Vida.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-NMyYxj7ZY
MARIA OSTIZ....Canto al sol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux2eZ_YyNiw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVjXK69vVV0

Bear in mind that Spanish is a voiced language itselft. Anyway, this language makes US happy!.