England is a shithole...

Franco   Sat May 22, 2010 9:08 pm GMT
<<If the town hall is telling people that their houses are perfectly legal

>>

If their houses were legal they would not be demolished. Period.
Matematik   Sat May 22, 2010 9:41 pm GMT
<<If their houses were legal they would not be demolished. Period. >>

Franco, are you really this stupid? Do you think English people are turning up and building houses on random plots of land all by themselves? If these houses are illegal, why the hell did the government give permission for them to be built?

Is this all part of a bigtter conspiracy, or just general Spanish incompetence?
Baldewin   Sat May 22, 2010 9:46 pm GMT
Demolishing houses for being built illegally is also a Belgian problem. In the not-so-distant past we had a disastrous record for spacial planning and people were allowed to just drop their houses where they liked and how they liked. It has been decades that people's houses have been demolished because they weren't careful enough in the past.
Spain seems to have something in common with Belgium in this specific regard.
Franco   Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 pm GMT
That's the point, they didn't have permissions to build there and thus their houses were demolished. That the owners were fooled by someone else does not have any importance and it's not the Government's blame that they were not properly informed about the Spanish costas law before building. Look, you want to take Spain for you and later exterminate the Spanish like you did with the Celts in Britain. Anglosaxons are a crimminal race so we will demolish all your illegal houses.
snippetteer   Sat May 22, 2010 10:14 pm GMT
<<The problem of British people in Spain is that they do not integrate, they violate the law, don't learn Spanish and never go out of their British ghettos to interact with the Spanish natives.>>

Sounds almost like the complaints here in the US about the Latin Americans who come here in great numbers.
expater   Sat May 22, 2010 10:19 pm GMT
Why should white settlers have to mix with Spanish and African natives? Fuck you darkie bastards.
Matematik   Sat May 22, 2010 10:20 pm GMT
The British are merely following suit. No one integrates into British society so why should we be expected to integrate into anyone elses?

Why does it even bother you Franco? What do you feel so threatened by British people? British people don't draw benefits, British people don't work in low skilled jobs, so low-IQ individuals like you aren't threatened so what is the problem.

<<Sounds almost like the complaints here in the US about the Latin Americans who come here in great numbers. >>

It's absolutely nothing like Latin Americans in the US. Stop butting in on European issues you know nothing about from 6000 miles away.
Matematik   Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm GMT
<<That's the point, they didn't have permissions to build there and thus their houses were demolished. >>

But as far as the British are concerned they did have permission, the people who built the properties have permission. Surely you can't blame British people for the lack of sense of the Spanish government.

Balldozing British homes for problems that are ultimately your fualt says more about the Spanish than anyone. A total lack of integrity.
Franco   Sat May 22, 2010 10:23 pm GMT
Then treat the Latin americans accordingly. Here they are not much different. I don't know why but Spain is a scum magnet, it attracts the worst peoples from the rest of the world: Latin American street gangs, Romanian gypsies, English working class, Muslims, etc. I'm tired like many Spaniards and when the situation explodes I will start using my rifle against those people without compassion.
Franco   Sat May 22, 2010 10:27 pm GMT
<< the people who built the properties have permission

>>

No they have not! If they had ,their houses would have not been demolished. Look , aside from the case of some English expats in Spain only houses in gypsy ghettos have been demolished. In Spain we do not demolish houses randomly. A house is almost sacred. They had to be against the law very clearly if their houses were demolished.
I survived Poughquag   Sat May 22, 2010 10:31 pm GMT
<<That's the point, they didn't have permissions to build there and thus their houses were demolished. That the owners were fooled by someone else does not have any importance and it's not the Government's blame that they were not properly informed about the Spanish costas law before building. >>

Does Title Insurance (or something similar) cover this problem in Spain?
Irony   Sun May 23, 2010 5:50 am GMT
Franco, you have been totally destroyed in this argument, hardly surprising really considering your masochistic tendency to pick arguments that you cannot possibly win.

Now you are attempting to restore your dignity by talking about shooting people?
Pathetic.
Carlos I de España   Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 am GMT
<< Sounds almost like the complaints here in the US about the Latin Americans who come here in great numbers. >>

Good analogy, I totally agree with you and I have been living (not visiting but living and working) in all three.

Actually, it's even worse in Spain, due to the inane arrogance of many British subjects (not all, but a large share, probably about 40%).
I've met some people unable to utter more than a few words in Spanish after living in the country for over 20 years, and their "repertoire" is always the same, "servesa, vino, sherry, coñac and cafei con leeches".
Their kids are much better. They are all bilingual (with a preference for Spanish, ironically) and they integrate seamlessly into Spanish society.
curious   Sun May 23, 2010 6:41 am GMT
<<Look, you want to take Spain for you and later exterminate the Spanish like you did with the Celts in Britain. Anglosaxons are a crimminal race so we will demolish all your illegal houses.>>

How many houses are we talking about here? What percentage of British-owned houses have been demolished? Is it half a dozen, and there's been a lot of fuss about it, or is it more like half a million?
lopò   Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 pm GMT
Franco, you're disgusting. you ought to be closed in a madhouse