Can language get you laid?

fraz   Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:59 pm GMT
As a frequent visitor to Germany and a reasonable speaker of German, I'm frequently in the position to chat with German natives. Many young educated Germans in the big cities automatically assume I won't know any German and will address me in English. I'll often happily play along and then come out with a sentence in German. Or if I approach someone, it can be fun making it clear you're a foreigner by relaying an anecdote through the medium of German. Again, the element of surprise.

I've actually had a few favourable receptions from women when I adopt this strategy. Of course, to many, language is language and speaking a foreign one is no big deal. But there are ladies whose attention is immediately grabbed by a man from distant shores simply speaking to them in their native tongue.

Alas, I am happily married and have never taken things beyond flirting. My wife was the reason I learned German and I don't have a track record as a linguistic casanova. Has anyone found serious success in the sex stakes purely as a result of knowing a language?
Frank   Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:26 pm GMT
If you have never done this Fraz, are you planning on doing it..?

Did you have a hard on when writing your post..?
Matematik   Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:38 pm GMT
Depends what language, if you're in a country with a language that isn't commonly learnt, then the fact a foreigner can speak the language adds an element of mystique and curiosity that may increase the level of attraction, but just speaking the language isn't going to get you laid, it helps and it's a useful talking point.
Franco   Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 am GMT
I don't think so. Foreigners speaking the local language with thick accent makes them look like morons, not attractive at all.
Irony   Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:32 am GMT
You have a really negative attitude towards international relations franco.
What exactly is your fucking problem, man?
Live a little, why dont you?
Custodio   Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:41 am GMT
me gusta chingar a todo el mundo no importa el sexo pues solo que haya muchos orificios umedos pa sondar nomas
PARISIEN   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 am GMT
Entre 17 et 27 ans j'ai eu l'occasion d'être intimement lié à des locutrices de toutes les langues que j'ai pratiquées (sauf l'espagnol) [*] :
. allemand
. anglais
. italien
. néerlandais
. suédois.
. et avant tout français, évidemment.

Maintenant c'est fini, je suis marié.

A noter que toutes ces relations avaient aussi une connaissance au moins élémentaire du français.

Je suis peut-être un romantique du genre prude, mais baiser en passant par une tierce langue (surtout quand c'est trop facile, par ex. une Polonaise ou une Hongroise à travers l'anglais) est à mes yeux quelque chose qui se ramène soit au viol, soit à la prostitution.

>> Foreigners speaking the local language with thick accent makes them look like morons, not attractive at all. <<

-- Franco parle de ses cuisantes expériences...

[*] Il y a peut-être des Espagnoles attractives, en cherchant bien, mais je n'ai pas assez cherché.
Uk   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:14 am GMT
Your talking rubbish Franco, I have a few friends that speak Spanish and who have lived in Spain as well. The locals, especially in Madrid have so much respect for the people coming to there country and speaking with them in their language, the women love it. They tell me that the older ones mite be some what more ignorant, because they automatically think your from Romania and they don't like the Romanians do they..?

I have heard nothing on the other countries, but your wrong with Spain Franco boy.
latino   Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:13 am GMT
Ai mamita se me está humedeciendo la puntita de la verga jejeje! Se me está parando ahora lo único que tengo que hacer es encontrar a alguien que me la corra!

!qué regocijo! esto es lo que significa ser latino! los "wasp" no lo podrán entender nunca!

!puro placer!
Franco   Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:17 am GMT
<<The locals, especially in Madrid have so much respect for the people coming to there country and speaking with them in their language

>>

Oh yes, we love foreigners speak to us in our language, but as long as they speak it well and not with atrocious accent. Maybe in Madrid they are more lenient with this, but it's not the case in Barcelona, at least not Spanish speakers. Catalan speakers of course would feel immensely happy if you speak to them a few words in Catalan because it's not usual that foreigners are interested in their language (not even me who am Catalan myself and never use it).
Franco   Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 am GMT
I never felt the need to flirt with foreign women, Spanish ones are enough for me and also I would never give my seed to peoples of other nationalities.
Irony   Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:07 am GMT
Franco, there is something deeply wrong with you.
There is nothing wrong with national pride, in fact I encourage it, but what you start talking about not giving "your seed" to other nationalities its time to start asking some serious questions.
Franco   Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:49 am GMT
I like to give my seed up the culos of the romanian men.xx
uk 2   Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 pm GMT
HAHA.. fucking hell Franco you are the biggest dickhead on Antimoon.

" atrocious accent " You're a joke Franco. Spanish is not very hard to pronounce with practice.

You pronounce spanish by how the letters are pronounced, It's not that hard..!! BUT for you spanish trying to pronounce English..? HA HA HA HA.. fucking hell your struggle like crazy..!! you sound like mongs..!! And then when you feel so stupid you can't handle it and say nothing..!!

Your just one in a big line of the those irritating, obnoxious hypocritical spanish Idiots..!!
hehe   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 pm GMT
Well, I dunno about languages, but I've noticed that American girls dig guys with English accents and English girls likewise think American accents can be hot, so maybe there is some truth to this.