Mexican vs Andalus Spanish

sp   Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:42 pm GMT
What are the main differences between the two? is it possible to hear the difference?
Franco   Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:02 pm GMT
Both are pretty ugly accents, specially "ceceante" Andalusian dialects.
sp   Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 pm GMT
You don't like them? Which ones do you like? If you compared them to English dialects, which ones would they be?
Rob   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:12 am GMT
Aunque existe una diferencia alofónica, la [s] del español mexicano es laminodental o apicodental, mientras que la [s] del centro y norte de España es apico-alveolar, la cual para oídos mexicanos puede sonar parecida a una "sh" postpalatal inglesa.
En Andalucía predomina la pronunciación de la /s/ predorsal y /s/ coronal plana, y ademas la S es eliminada entre consonantes. son muy diferentes a pesar de que los dos son ceceantes............El Español de Mexico tiene mayor influencia de las variantes del Estremeño y Asturiano.

Although there is an allophonic difference, [s] of the Mexican Spanish is laminodental or apicodental, while the [s] of Central and Northern Spain is apico-alveolar, which for Mexican ears may sound like an English postpalatal "sh".
In Andalusia predominate the pronunciation of the /s/ predorsal and/s/coronal flat,
Also the S sound is removed between consonants. The Andalusian Spanish is very different to the Mexican Spanish even though both are ceceantes.
Mexico has more influence of Estremeño and Asturiano variants,
Baldewin   Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm GMT
Andalusians speak a toned-down variant of 'High Spanish', it especially shows when they show laziness in pronouncing their final 's'.
Baldewin   Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:49 pm GMT
Mexican Spanish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-F2Ez5wn_A

For some reason Mexicans keep bitching about Spanish colonialism, even after more than 100 years...
First serious answer   Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:02 pm GMT
For fuck's sake, why would you post that horrible song?

This is the Mexican accent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jmtw6Ccyo8

And this is the Andalucian accent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJaCjJSLStY

I'm sure you'll hear the differences.
Baldewin   Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:12 pm GMT
I don't know decent Mexican stuff to begin with. ;-)
andy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am GMT
Andalucian accent is more colorful, more fun to hear, it's funny sounding but still fun to hear, opposite to mexican accent which is horrible, low class sounding and yacks to the ear
Irony   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:54 am GMT
I question the sexuality of any man who says an accent is 'fun to hear'.
andy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 am GMT
Irony

1. I am not a man

2. I am a woman who loves dick

hope that explains it all for you.
TT   Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:48 pm GMT
Mexican Spanish sounds nicer.
Irony   Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 pm GMT
It certainly explains a great deal. As a woman, rational thought will always be beyond your grasp. Now fetch me my food and a more attractive women if you will.
Andy   Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:01 pm GMT
pathetic attempt at making me angry.... sorry you fail!!!!

I stand in wqhat I said

mexican spanish is grotesque sounding!!!!
Irony   Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 pm GMT
Make you angry? I was trying to make you feel needed by pointing out your natural place.