Your ideas about Turkish which has over 150 million speakers

Kabayan   Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:52 am GMT
Thanks Danu !
Bryan   Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:46 am GMT
Turkish is one of the greatest languages in the world. i personally can speak english, russian, korean, chinese, and turkish. turkish is great, though it borrowed many words from persian and arabic, it strongly influenced languages like russian and bulgarian, and contributed to their development. in germany, it is one of the most spoken languages. and the number of turkish speakers exceed 150 mln people, cause besides turkey, it is spoken in uzbekistan, kazakhstan, turkmenistan, kirgizistan, cypris, azerbaijan, large parts of russia, bulgaria, makedonia, germany and by minorities in other countries. thank you
Hellen   Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:38 am GMT
Turkish is spoken in most countries in East-Europe.In Bulgaria, Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Greece, France, Netherlands, Belgium, and the most spoken in Germany.Every one of 25 people in Germany speak Turkish.They are the immigrants of Turkey.And Turkish speakers' countries include Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzistan.They are all mutual intelligible.So they can understand each other to a good extent.I am a Greek and live in Sallonica, even here are too many speakers of Turkish.
Fredrik from Norway   Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:46 pm GMT
The Ottoman empire was perhaps not the biggest or mightiest in history, but it sure was remarkable for its ethnical and religious tolerance. Muslims, Christians and Jews lived peacefully side by side, quite astonishing, actually.

I really don't much about the Turks or Turkish, but I like most of what I have seen or heard. There is just one thing that strikes me as strange: That people who speak an originally nomadic, inner Asian language live by the Aegean. Does anybody know if there is any sense of being "newcomers" among the population of Western Turkey? I mean, how do the people who live close to the original Troy view the Trojans? As different people or they own ancestors?
sino   Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:03 pm GMT
Does anyone know the replationship between Turkish and Tujue (突厥)?
I am more interested in this issue.
astonishing   Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:16 am GMT
Muslims, Christians and Jews lived peacefully side by side, quite astonishing, actually. if it was true:

http://www.armeniapedia.org/index.php?title=Armenian_Genocide
Fredrik from Norway   Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:50 pm GMT
In the year of the genocide, 1915, with a Young Turk government ruling, I would say that the Ottoman Empire had more or less ceased to exist.
andreas   Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:10 pm GMT
To Hellen:i live in Salonica too,where in hell do you hear Turkish in the city.That' s rubbish.
JR   Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:23 pm GMT
The Ottoman empire was a great one, but not the greatest.
As for Turkish, I think it's an OK language. I haven't heard much of it though. Turkish culture is very rich, and its history is one that I find interesting. Partially because, as Frederik said, they are originally from inner Asia.
Joey   Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:19 pm GMT
Selcuk
(You must agree that the Ottoman Empire was the greatest one your grand granddads could ever see!Or you don't know your country's history!You learn it and then come here and respond my forum, ok?Turkish isn't just Turkey's Turkish!Turkish is Kazakhstan's, Uzbekistan's, Turkmenistan's, Azerbaijan's and so on's Turkish!We Turkey's Turkish can also understand others!You search it and then speak to me courageously, ok?)

No I don't agree, don't forget other countries have history too. This link below has the biggeste empires to have existed.

http://www.hostkingdom.net/earthrul.html

18th place for the Otterman Empire
Selçuk   Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:33 pm GMT
Oh, first you should know that Seljuk, Ottoman and Timur are all Turkish empires!So we had had three big empires.
Joey   Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:06 pm GMT
Well I would go that far

Timur's Empire
Timur the Lame was a tribal leader of Mongol extraction who set up a Middle Eastern empire centered around Iran in the period between 1380 and 1405.

Turkey was parte of the Timur empire it isn't a turkish empire but still two big empires is not bad even though far from being the biggest ever.
Joey   Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:07 pm GMT
correction

(Well I would go that far) I wouldn't go that far
Joey   Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:45 am GMT
With that sorte of language it proves to me something completely different.
Normaly people that swear like that want something that they can't get.
Joey   Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:06 pm GMT
Well mate I'm happy your happy just don't swear so much it dosn't fall well.

This simply means the Turks are helping to increase the population of those countries and it won't be long before they have very little in commen with the Turks from Turkey and will become completely part of those countries.