English People...

Latin   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:02 pm GMT
sander are you an alcoholic or a drug adict ? he he he ! lol lol lol !
Enzo   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:14 pm GMT
no ! He's gay ! :)
poor northerners   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:24 pm GMT
Population below poverty line

United Kingdom 17 %
United States 12 %

France 6.5%
Belgium 4 %
Adam   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:29 pm GMT
"that is the degree of happiness to work hard in cold weather and eat crap food and freez outside ?"

British food is now better than French food. London is now the culinary capital of Europe, if not the world. Britain has more restaurants in the world Top 50 than France, Italy and America put together. A restaurant in Berkshire was voted the best in the world. What about the thousands of French and Italians who live and work in Europe, because of Britain's much lower unemployment rate and higher salaries?
Adam   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:30 pm GMT
"What about the thousands of French and Italians who live and work in Europe, because of Britain's much lower unemployment rate and higher salaries? "

That should be London, not Europe.
Adam   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:37 pm GMT
"United Kingdom 17 %
United States 12 %

France 6.5%
Belgium 4 % "

That must be population below the poverty line if you include benefits, such as unemployment benefits.

If you do NOT include benefits, then the poverty rates of Britain and France are EXACTLY THE SAME. However, the French love their lavish subsidies and benefits, which means that France gives a lot of money to its unemployed, whereas the British unemployed get benefits BUT, if they haven't found a job after a certain amount of time, their benefits are STOPPED. That way they find work - OR ELSE. In France, the unemployed ALWAYS receive benefits, so they say "I don't need to work. EVER. I can just live on unemployment benefits for the rest of my life. And that is why Britain's unemployment rate is the third lowest in the Western World (after Ireland and Luxembourg) and France's is not only one of the highest in Europe, but is also one of the highest in the WORLD.

So the raw poverty rates are exactly the same in Britain and France. But include France's lavish benefits (which are harming its economy) then France has lower poverty.
Sander   Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:42 pm GMT
=>Stats > Lifestyle > Undesirable neighbours > Heavy drinkers

#1 United States 61%
#2 Australia 60%
#3 Austria 60%
#4 Netherlands 60%
#5 Japan 58%
#6 Germany 56%
#7 Canada 55%
#8 Finland 54%
#9 Italy 51% <<
#10 France 50% <<
#11 Belgium 49% <<
#12 Sweden 41%
#13 Switzerland 35%
#14 Norway 34%
#15 Denmark 34%
#16 Ireland

northern europe has more alcoholics and drug adicts ! by far !

that doesnt reflect hapiness to me ! rather a disease immoral hapiness <=

Idiot. The statistic is about wether the people find heavy drinkers undesirable neighbours!
Tiffany   Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:40 pm GMT
<<nonsense ? then why your husband is Italian ? LATIN ? Why are you learning Italian ? dont you see how PRO-LATIN you are ! Tiffany>>

There is a huge difference between having a respect/liking for a certain culture and having outright pride to the point that you feel you must put down other cultures and "puff yourself up" at the expense of others.

My husband and I have a healthy respect for each others cultures. The fact that I learned Italian and he learned English has nothing to do with being pro or anti anything. We do not bse our relationship on huge generalizations.

Some of the comments on this board make me realize how far I've overestimated the advancement of civilized behavior and/or levels of maturity.
17% !!!   Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:42 pm GMT
"United Kingdom 17 %

that is a lot of poor people !
Adam the Spaniard   Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:47 pm GMT
for the first time in Europe a third party UK bank NATWEST and other banks offer a MORTGAGE abroad ! where ? SPAIN !!! Brits are desperately selling their houses and go to live in Spain !!!
Latin   Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:50 pm GMT
hmmm Tiffany ! you just said your ex was onother "latino" half portuguese ! Is that hard to find Americans in America ? Or you really are a PRO-Latin ?
Tiffany   Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:00 pm GMT
Are you looking for my dating history?

I am from Miami, Florida - there are a lot of "Latin" people in general there, but they are as much "American" as I am, having grown up there. Most of the "Latin" people I know find this Latin propaganda hilarious. Right, my husband married me because I was cold, and I married him because I could not find a warm American? If you must be so nosy, I was dating an American before him. We broke up not because he was too cold, but because he wanted to go travel in Africa and I didn't want to.
Benjamin   Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:21 pm GMT
I wasn't aware that people from Italy and Spain etc. generally labeled themselves as 'Latin' anyway. Do they? I'd be surprised if they did any more than English people label them/ourselves as 'Germanic', which is not very often.

At the same time, I'd also be surprised if the Italians feel that they have some great cultural affinity with the Spanish (due to a supposed 'Latin' culture) compared to other Europeans. Can anyone enlighten me on that?
JUAN   Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:49 pm GMT
mate !" Latin "is something to be proud of! Germanic is not something to be proud of !

Neo Latin countries are still very united ! In contrast with germanic ones disunited.

Most Brits I know don't want to hear about them being "Germanics" They dislike that so much ! Many Brits say, English is a germanic language , but is a nice language, because of the latin words!

That should tell you everything...
Tiffany   Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:01 am GMT
::scratching head:: Where do you get this stuff? I fail to see how this is any different than Hitler and Mussolini's train of thought. "This (insert classification) is better than that (insert another classification)." Unless of course you are aspiring to be like them...