Romanian a MADE up language

Luis Zalot   Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:35 pm GMT
S.P.Q.R- wrote:

@ Luis Zalot
The example you Tiffany gave you are all correct, however
Gratias! per suum respostam! should be Gratiam per suam respostam because the adj possessive agreees with respostam even in the gender as all the romance languages. Good latin hoewer.
@Greg
Thanks for your precisation.

---->>>

Thanks;

Gracias; por sus respuestas! Sobre la ortografia del Italiano (TIffany) y por corregirme S.P.Q.R. Entre el trio de lenguas que presentamos todas poseen algo mas o menos que la otra, pero siguen siendo muy aparecidas en todos los aspectos. Gracias, de nuevo.
pete   Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:47 pm GMT
spqr > "The letter Z is pronounced /dz/, for example: Zanzara /dzandza'ra/ (mosquito)"

I must disagree with you. The “TS” sound is plentiful in Italian. I think you're deaf.

"Z" can be pronounced voiced, producing the "dz" sound, or devoiced, producing the "ts" sound.

Z can be voiced, like ds in beds, or voiceless, like ts in bets.

Example voiced: zero (DZEH-roh) [dzero], "zero"
Exaple devoiced: pizza (PEET-tsa) [pittsa], "pizza"

a. pozzo (pronounced as ts) = well
b. grazie (pronounced with a ts sound) = thanks
c. prezzo (pronounced with a ts sound) = price
d. servizio (pronounced with a ts sound) = service

Italian Pronunciation
by Prof. R. A. Oldaker
Aldo   Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:14 pm GMT
pete;

Thanks! try to be a little generous with words.

Italian
a. pozzo (pronounced as ts) = well
b. grazie (pronounced with a ts sound) = thanks
c. prezzo (pronounced with a ts sound) = price
d. servizio (pronounced with a ts sound) = service

Spanish
a. pozo (Potho) or (Poso)
b. gracias (Grathias) or (Gra-sias)
c. precio (Pre-thio) or (Pre-sio)
d. servicio (Ser-vi-thio) or (Ser-vi-sio)

Italian;
zero (DZEH-roh) [dzero], "zero"
pizza (PEET-tsa) [pittsa], "pizza"

Spanish;
Cero (thero)
pizza (pit-tha) or (pit-sa), due to italian influence and pronunciation.) Foreign word

Words like; "Coraggio" (it) Coraje/valor/valentia (sp)
though coraje can be used for "hatred"
-ira & coraje-
S.P.Q.R   Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:47 am GMT
pete Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:47 pm GMT

spqr > "The letter Z is pronounced /dz/, for example: Zanzara /dzandza'ra/ (mosquito)"
In my post i posted that z is dz or ts, reread them.
pete   Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:29 am GMT
spqr> "Sh doesn't simply esist in italian"

You also said that "sh" sound doesn't exist in Italian. I think you're deaf again.

"SH" is only absent in Piedmontese. The "SH" sound is plentiful in Italian.

"SC" in Italian before 'e' or 'i' is like the English sound "SH" in fish.

Italian -English
finisce -finishes
sci -ski
pesce -fish
conoscere -to know
scena -scene
scendere -to descend
uscita -exit
uscio -door

SC has two pronunciations:

before a, o, or u is like the English sk in ask,
ascoltare v to listen;
pesca f peach;
scaloppine fpl cutlets;
scarpa f shoe;

Before e or i is like the English sound SH in shell,

conoscere v to know;
crescere v to grow;
pesce f fish;
scena f scene.

spqr, Why did you lie ?
Aldo   Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:50 am GMT
The connection between words.

admodum(C.L)-admodu(V.L)-admodo(M.L)-amodo-amdo(old sp?)-ando(Sp)
quomodo(C.L)-quomo(V.L)-como(Sp)come(It)
bene(C.L & Italian)-ben (Old sp.) bien (Sp)
et(C.L)-e (It & spanish before hi & i)-y (sp)
tu (C.L,It & Sp)

Admodum bene (so-so) Classical Latin

Ando bien (so-so) Spanish

S.P.Q.R

What do you think?

Ando bien "translates" to "so-so,I'm* fine & well."

Example;

Como estas?

Ando bien/asi-asi/estoy bien/bien....y tu?

Spanish-

Example;

Quomodo vales?

Admodum bene/sto bene/bene...et tu?

Classical Latin-

Example;

Come stai?

Cosi-cosi/sto bene/bene...e tu?

Italian-

I see a similar connection between the three.
S.P.Q.R   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:00 am GMT
Pete
Sh sound exist in italian but isn't sh of sh. It is close however i tried to be bit pedantic but that's is the reality.
To aldo
You are right is that the connection
pete   Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:47 am GMT
spqr>"Sh sound exist in italian but isn't sh of sh"

In Italian SC before e or i sounds exactly like “SH” in “SH!T” maybe sounds different spoken by some Corsican - Italian immigrant. So give me a break!

and no, it's not "sh" from "sh"
It's "SH" of "SH"

hope you get my irony...
S.P.Q.R   Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:50 pm GMT
Pete:
If utlizes an I.P.A. nomemnclature that's right. but if you don't i can't understand what tipe of sh
the english sh? No
Closely the spanish sh.
S.P.Q.R   Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:08 pm GMT
Are you sure Guest?
Why you don't look some I.P.A nomenclature an then talk?
Nostradamus   Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:15 pm GMT
Hmmm. i wonder who is the "Di piero" who started this stupid thread ?
Octavian   Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:26 am GMT
The romanian language does not have a slavic syntax! The structure of this language was and remains of classical latin origin. Some of you are mislead into believing that during the Romanian national awakening of the 19th century, this language changed its syntax to match that of classical latin. However, most of the slavic or slavonic influences that were displaced with latin ones (during the national awakening) only effected the lexicality or vocabulary of the language and had minor effects on the syntax. Furthermore, it should be noted that virtually all of the slavic influence (before the Romanian national awakening) effected the lexicality of the language not the syntax.The slavic influence on old romanian had little to do with the developement of the classical latin syntax of the language. In fact, this is evident because old romanian found ways to morphologically latinise or romanianise newly introduced slavonic words. Even though Romanian at that time was somewhat slavicated it wasn't enough so as to identify it as a slavic language. It still retained its classical latin syntax and most of the latin etymology and phonology (though the phonology was heavely influeced by bulgarian-slavic at that time). Thus it is not fair to say romanian is a made up language, (quite frankly it is insulting). It is true that a lot of the lexicality were replaced with words borrowed from western romance languages but it is incorrect to assume that most of the romanian language was made up this way. Besides I can name so many countries that did the exact same thing: France in the 15th century, even Spain with its persecution of catalan and arabic influence.

PS. I have read some earlier posts on this thread and see some unneccesary flaming about the Romanian and Italian people their languages. I expect to be answered maturely. I for one enjoy the pleasent sound of Romanian with its classical latin structure and some slavonic words with latinesque morphology, or the sound of spanish with a little arabic morpholoy, or the harsh italian language with its stress of the "o" endings. Or the elegant French language with frankish german phonology in and its Vulgar Latin lexicality. I find all of these languages beautiful in their own way and truly worthy of maintaining and continuing the Latin birthright.

Salutare si La revedere la toti.
Allan   Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:25 pm GMT
I would like to point out that romanian has the closest syntax to classical latin and thus is the closest language to latin in a grammatical sesnse. It is sad to hear others ramp on and on about how romanian has a slavic syntax when the fact of the matter is that they are angry at how romanian dveloped straight form classical latin. If you cant prove that Romanian has a slavic syntax or is a made up language than it is just your opinion in my eyes. Most linguists agree that Romanian is closest to Latin grammatically, and for some unknown reason this seems to anger some people. In short I strongly advise the people on this forum to stop hearing what they want to hear from some made up ignorant anti-romanian article, or stop looking at romanian history and forming unfounded opinions about romania being slavic or inferior to the western romance languages. You just make yourselves look mediocre infront of true linguists. Romanian is without a doubt one of the nicest sounding romance languages and their ancestry and language is trully a testament to roman continuity.
Luis Zalot   Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:47 pm GMT
Yes, it's about time....we had some "Pro-Romanians" speak "professionally and wiser" thanks.

Although, I must disagree on one factor;

Romanian may have the "declension" and syntax scription to that of Classical-Latin; however. "Spanish & Italian" does too. As I've depicted in various other posters (threads). And the fact also, that Sardinian's phonology is the CLOSEST to "Classical latin" then comes Italian & Spanish then Romanian. Respectively. Sardinian/Romanian/Asturian/Sicilian are the closest to "Vulgar latin's" peutlimate of words in ending in "U" although, Asturian is the ONLY one amongst them that "perserved" the "o" in reference to the speaker for example

Sardinian/romanian/sicilian all words end in "U" when refering to "I"; Asturian has perserved "classical-latin's & vulgar latin's" "O" when refering to the speaker (himself), respectively.

Italian/Spanish/Sardinian are the closest to "Classical-Latin's" words and pronunciation

Remember this,

It's not the words that make the LANGUAGE (it's how you pronounced them and similarities to it's old tongue, in phonology) Sardinian/Italian/Spanish are the closest to C.L (phonology)
While, spanish "often" holds Closely to classical latin's grammar.
Let me give you an example;

(Spanish)
Mi rostro esta sobre la arena (My face is on the sand)
Nada sin labor (nothing without work)
Padre, yo te amo (father I love you)
etc.

Classical latin
Rostrum meum (est) super arena
Nihilo sine labore
pater, ego te amo
etc.

Oh yeahhh, I forgot something....hi "SORIN" (Octavian & Allan= sorin):)
S.P.Q.R   Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:01 pm GMT
Romanian syntax isn't closer to latin one.
True linguists are:
Segre.
Bruni.
Migliorini
Tantucci
J. Kaan
H. Smithes
Pei M.
....... and a lot more.
what they say about latin legacy ?
Hmmm romanian? Wasn't write with cyrilic alphabet and diacritic signs?
Wasn't the language that failed to preserve latin syntax system?