forum franco-hispanique / foro hispano-frances

nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:34 pm GMT
Sander,

"""Does this mean that there is no broadcasting during dinner time?Since that would be pointless.And I can asure you that when my nephew got married about half a year ago,we ate from 18.30h till about 01.00h and his wedding is not an exception,but then again I don't live in;Scotland, England, Ireland, maybe the 1 hour dinner is a Ang/Sax thing..."""

In France and in Italy it's 2 days
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:37 pm GMT
"""It's incorrect because 'latin guys' suggests that you all speak either Latin or languages derived from it (which you do) but it also suggests that you all are from Latin decent,which isn't true.
"""

I am from latin descent, my family is from the south a few centuries and came from Portugal. That's the case form many french from the south, it is not form Portugal, it is from Spain, Italy.

Latinism is not race, it is a culture, like germanism. No one in Europe is a pure german, french, spanish.........
Sander   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:42 pm GMT
nico,

=>In France and in Italy it's 2 days <=
You can't eat for 2 days,you die.

=>I am from latin descent, my family is from the south a few centuries and came from Portugal. That's the case form many french from the south, it is not form Portugal, it is from Spain, Italy.<=

As you know,visigoths lived in Spain and Portugal , and gauls and romans before them.
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:42 pm GMT
"""Does this mean that there is no broadcasting during dinner time?Since that would be pointless.And I can asure you that when my nephew got married about half a year ago,we ate from 18.30h till about 01.00h and his wedding is not an exception"""

No we don't eat with TV for most of the people. TV is in the living room, eating is in the kitchen. It does not mean al the people. But the majority of french family don't watch Tv when they eat. It is most of the time, the only time parents and children are together.

""18.30h till about 01.00h"""

A wedding in France, there is the meal which can be all the night, you eat, you speak, you dance, you eat, you speak and you dance... Theday after, some people (close family) are back to eat again together. Everyone is tired but it is not over. And it is not an exception. I know it is the same in Italy but i don't know for Spain or Portugal.

Arabs (algerians) have also weddings which are parties for 3 days.
bernard   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:45 pm GMT
Ya estoy harto
J'en ai marre

Se supone que este es un foro franco-español, y ya nos desviamos del tema. En lo personal ya no responderé a ninguna provocación.

tienes razon !... Nous dérivons....
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:47 pm GMT
"""As you know,visigoths lived in Spain and Portugal , and gauls and romans before them. "".

Yes but as you noticed they did not let many things from their culture a part a few lexical in french (north) and Italy (south). There has been also some arabs in France and Spain.

The celts have been in many places in Europe. It does not mean we are all celts. Napoleon have been in many places, it does not mean you are from french descent. The english stayed a long time in the Bordeaux area. And as you can notice, we are not really british.

The spanish have been in Netherlands for a very long time, and i don't think you look like spanish, right?
Sander   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:48 pm GMT
Nico,

=>A wedding in France, there is the meal which can be all the night, you eat, you speak, you dance, you eat, you speak and you dance... Theday after, some people (close family) are back to eat again together. Everyone is tired but it is not over. And it is not an exception. I know it is the same in Italy but i don't know for Spain or Portugal.
<=

The time I mentioned was for dinner.A typical wedding takes 1,5 days with all the friends and maybe another day with just close familly (brothers/sisters,(grand)parents).

=>No we don't eat with TV for most of the people. TV is in the living room, eating is in the kitchen. It does not mean al the people. But the majority of french family don't watch Tv when they eat. It is most of the time, the only time parents and children are together.
<=
Same here.The when you said "eating for the TV" I immediatly had the picture of a fatt USA familly having (what they call) pizza's infront of the tube... ;)
Sander   Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:52 pm GMT
=>Napoleon have been in many places, it does not mean you are from french descent.<=

LOL! Was Napoleon so 'active'then? :) Btw,I thought he was corsican?

=>The spanish have been in Netherlands for a very long time, and i don't think you look like spanish, right? <=
Actually,as you know the Netherlands werrent conquered by spain but inherrited.There were no spanyards in the Netherlands untill the revolt, and when there were spanish soldiers they were allowed to bring there own wives and they werren't allowed to get a relation with the "Protestant whores" ;)
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:43 pm GMT
Better then in France (Protestant whores) because they have been all massacred, the others came to the Netherlands, England and
Germany.
Sander   Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:50 pm GMT
Hmm that's later on,because during the Spanish inquisition great numbers of protestant were burned in Holland...
Sigma   Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:38 pm GMT
LOL! Was Napoleon so 'active'then? :) Btw,I thought he was corsican? >

La Corse (Córcega) c'est une region française alors Napoleon était français et également Cors.

La Córcega es una región francesa entonces Napoleon fue francés e igualmente Corso.
Sigma   Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:52 pm GMT
Arabs (algerians) have also weddings which are parties for 3 days. >

Algeria era colonia francesa no es asi?
Sigma   Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:03 pm GMT
LOL! Was Napoleon so 'active'then? :) Btw,I thought he was corsican? >

Thus the corsicans are not active at all? That means that the corsicans are anti sexual or what??

I didn't get it
Sander   Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:08 pm GMT
=>Thus the corsicans are not active at all? That means that the corsicans are anti sexual or what??

I didn't get it <=

Nico said this;

=>Napoleon have been in many places, it does not mean you are from french descent<=

It insinuated that everywhere Napoleon had been he had 'produced' French people ;)
French   Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:47 pm GMT
I can bet that without that ironic Dutchman a.k.a. Sander this forums would be so boring.

Can't wait for his next intervension.