Spanish is the most beautiful of all languages

Latin-Anglo-American   Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:59 pm GMT
Of course I have a bias, but in my opinion, Spanish is far and away the most pleasing to the ears. It just rolls of the tounge in such an elegant, romantic fashion.

1. Spanish
2. Portuguese
3. Italian
4. French

The four languages ranked in order above, are the prettiest in the world.
Aquatar   Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:32 pm GMT
No doubt you will expect this response, but have you had the opportunity to hear every single language in the world?
Latin-Anglo-American   Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:36 pm GMT
I can't claim that I have heard the languages of the most remote parts of the world, no. But perhaps I should rephrase. Out of all the major tounges of the world, Spanish is definitely my favorite.
viri amaoro   Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:39 pm GMT
why do people insist in trying to open the same lines of debate over and over and over again (language y versus language x, the most beautiful language is my language etc etc)??!!
Aquatar   Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 pm GMT
I will admit Spanish does sound quite pleasing to the ear, although I understand very little. Italian too. Bizarrely I do think Portuguese sounds quite like Russian despite being very closely related to Spanish. I have heard others say this too. I find French beautiful in a way, although a little too intense somehow.

Surely it can all depends on accent as well though. To me some English dialects/English accents sound beautiful and others less so. I'm sure it's all a matter of opinion at the end of the day.
Aquatar   Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:13 pm GMT
Oops, that should read 'can all depend'.
Syrus   Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:40 am GMT
European portuguese sounds quite similar to Russian or other east european languages, but brazilian portuguese doesn't.

Yes, it does. It is what most people say.
a.p.a.m.   Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:21 pm GMT
Portuguese and French sound very much alike.
Johnathan Mark   Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:42 pm GMT
a.p.a.m.--that struck me as being true, as well. I think its all the nasal vowels.
michelle   Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38 pm GMT
It depends on the speaker. I've heard beautiful and awful sounding spanish.
Livi   Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:57 pm GMT
Or it depends of your mother language. No French speaker will say it sounds like French and no slavic spaker will say it sounds slavic. So, what does it sound like? Portuguese.
Fredrik from Norway   Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:54 am GMT
Dutch is beautiful.
himawari   Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:24 am GMT
Those people who don't have any interest in Latin America, actually needn't try to learn Spanish, Spain is not the powerful nation in Europe. UK, Germany, France, Italy, are all better than Spain in many respects.
*CaRLoS*   Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:37 am GMT
Spanish is simply the best.
himawari   Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:40 am GMT
I really don't understand why so many people chose Spanish as their 2nd language, just because Hispanic world has about 400 million population?