Latin Aglo AMerican

Latin-Anglo-Americann   Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:32 pm GMT
You still haven't answered the question. Either you don't get it, or your evading the question because it proves your whole theory wrong.

In this [hypothetical situation], you and your wife are both European. As far as you know, there are no black people in your family for at least a dozen generations.

Now if "your" kid came out looking like a black person, you can't tell me you wouldn't question your wife's fidelity. If you would, then you are dumber than I thought.
Benjamin   Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:50 pm GMT
« but you are not from a slavic culture if you are danish. »

Try convincing Polish people that 'Slavic culture' exists. It doesn't work.

« How do you know that? Did you ask to all of them? »

Not personally, but the European Union publishes results of surveys like this.
Nun Es   Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:39 am GMT
« but you are not from a slavic culture if you are danish. »

Try convincing Polish people that 'Slavic culture' exists. It doesn't work.

« How do you know that? Did you ask to all of them? »

Try convincing Polish people that 'Slavic culture' exists.

Really? I have a friend who is originally from Poland and consider himself as being from slavic culture. I don't know all the people from of course.

The European Union has made a lot of publications, these publications aren't all time accurate and do not reflect the mind of the people.
There has been a 100 of reports which said the France and the Netherlands will vote YES for the constitution and you know what happened.

The European experts can tell you what they want. Why the refendum in UK has been cancelled? If you listen the answer from the politicians, bacause the answer would be yes.
lylyo   Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:49 pm GMT
Latin-Anglo-American wrote:
<<Yet, many others, in the formerly Roman part of Britain (which translates into modern day England and Wales) were gradually wiped out or pushed back, further and further west, into the only land left to the native people of Britain was Wales.>>

This is a wide-spread and old-fashioned misconception! The native Britons were not wiped out in modern day England or pushed back further west; the English are not predominantly Germanic. Apart from the fact that most of the English people have Celtic features (black hair, pale skin), there are also DNA studies proving that they are mostly Celtic and pre-Celtic in origin. So, there must have been loads of intermarriages...
Guest   Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:00 pm GMT
I've read that too. Although that is not an accepted view among mainstream historians.

But you brought out an excellent point!!!

<<Apart from the fact that most of the English people have Celtic features (black hair, pale skin), there are also DNA studies proving that they are mostly Celtic and pre-Celtic in origin.>>

They have "Celtic features" and DNA studies can prove the differences in ethnic groups. That blows Nun Es and Fab's argument about ethnicity out of the water.
Latin-Anglo-American   Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:04 pm GMT
You still haven't answered my question. I'll post it again, for a third time.

You still haven't answered the question. Either you don't get it, or your evading the question because it proves your whole theory wrong.

In this [hypothetical situation], you and your wife are both European. As far as you know, there are no black people in your family for at least a dozen generations.

Now if "your" kid came out looking like a black person, you can't tell me you wouldn't question your wife's fidelity. If you would, then you are dumber than I thought.
Nun Es   Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:40 pm GMT
About fidelity, you know in France.....

It does not prove anyhting, having a theory means you are a scientist. I am not a scientitst, and i don't think you are.
Benjamin   Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:10 pm GMT
Tu ne reponds pas encore à sa question.
Latin-Anglo American   Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:30 pm GMT
Nun Es/Fab (I suspect they are the same person) is obviously trying his utmost to evade my question, because he knows it will blow his argument out of the water.
fab   Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:01 pm GMT
" Nun Es/Fab (I suspect they are the same person) is obviously trying his utmost to evade my question, because he knows it will blow his argument out of the water. "

No soy Nun Es, y no soy de ecuerdo con el sobre todas sus ideas y opiniones. Pero tu no has respuestado a mis preguntas en el otro topic...

Me permitte responder a tu pregunta para Nun Es.
Si mi mujer da nacimiento a un nino que tiene caracteristicas fisicas muy differentes de mis caracteristicas y suya, yo podria suponer que ella tuvo relaciones con un otro hombre. Si quiro mi mujer me voy a pardonarla y voy a la municialidad para declarar el nino como mio hijo. No me molestaria no ser el padre genetico del nino, lo mas importante est se el padre que ayuda el nino a cracer, es lo que hace un padre.
Nun Es   Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:11 pm GMT
"No me molestaria no ser el padre genetico del nino, lo mas importante est se el padre que ayuda el nino a cracer, es lo que hace un padre."

Es una buena respuesta, yo pinso el mismo. El español que yo habla no esta bueno.

I would answer the same.
Benjamin   Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:20 pm GMT
À moins qu'on ait eu cette expérience, il n'est pas vraiment possible de dire ce qu'on feriez. Mais franchement, ce n'était pas le but de sa question.
Benjamin   Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:21 pm GMT
*...ce qu'on ferait.
fab   Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:46 pm GMT
" À moins qu'on ait eu cette expérience, il n'est pas vraiment possible de dire ce qu'on feriez. Mais franchement, ce n'était pas le but de sa question. "

Je ne sais pas quel etait le "but" de la question. D'ailleurs je ne vois pas ce qu'une telle question venait faire dans cette discussion. En tout cas je ne vois pas ce que je pourrais y répondre de plus.
Latin-Anglo-American   Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:29 pm GMT
<<À moins qu'on ait eu cette expérience, il n'est pas vraiment possible de dire ce qu'on feriez. Mais franchement, ce n'était pas le but de sa question.>>

I only understand very little of French, but I think Benjamin said something to the effect that that was not the answer I was looking for.

Benjamin, if you don't mind, why don't you tell them what answer I was looking for.

I'll respond to Fab and Nun Es' comments in my next post.