Lexical similarities between French-Spanish-Italian

Guest   Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:52 am GMT
Who is worse, trolls, or people who fall for them?
dennys   Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:57 am GMT
This is the last time I will address your rudeness. After reading your trash, people will know who the dirty mind is and who should not be in this page. I will not play your infantile game. And no, I will not leave this forum because I am free to learn from other people who are really interested in expressing something pertaining to the topic and not the pile of nonsense you are writing. Happy rest of your miserable life.
Guest   Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:00 am GMT
dennys

When I read your first post I thought indeed you were being conceived, specially when it was somehow perceivable (just a bit, and that is my opinion) that you translate almost literally from Spanish.

Either way, you are right. You were just sharing how easy it is to learn another romance language when you already master one of them, and giving your contribution.
Thanks~
dennys   Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:30 am GMT
Thanks for your kind words.
Yes, I could be very passionate about other languages, other people and their culture. Once, I read about the so-called "transfer errors", which are the ones I should avoid when trying to express my ideas in any language different from the one I first acquired. In spite of the similarities that two languages may have, each language is an entity presenting its own peculiarities with the embedded idiosyncracies pertaining to its native speakers. Errors resulting from transferring ideas from one language to another may occur, even if one tries really hard not to do so. But, the most beautiful and gratifying experience is to travel abroad and show them how much you care about their culture when you try to communicate in their own language (with errors and all). Seeing their smiles stamped on their faces is just priceless! It does not take much to make oneself happy. Sometimes people miss those simple gifts that life gives them.