The closest language to English

Pauline   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:00 pm GMT
How can you know the way do I think ; we don't know each other at all.

I don't tell you this, because I don't know you.
Sander   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 pm GMT
I know about the way you think because I can speak and understand Dutch. The bit you wrote in Dutch, apart from the mistakes, wasn't very nice now was it?
Pauline   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:10 pm GMT
I've wrote it only because the person preceding was insulting french.

I think that my message wasn't so nasty as this one :

<<pauline, who cares? French is the language of chauvinistic peasants >>

I didn't never called someone this things.

I'm sorry for my mistakes I know my english is very bad ; it's why I visited here, for improve it.
Sander   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:14 pm GMT
You assumed this "guest" was a Fleming and insulted "him/her". Explain that behaviour will you?
Pauline   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:27 pm GMT
I didn't insulted him/her. Also I didn't assumed this guest was a Fleming.

The first part, I've wrote this in english, then after I put something in flemish, in case it were a flemish who had made the preceding message. It's because it's something quite typical what a flemish say.

Are you flemish?
Sander   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:42 pm GMT
Please Pauline, don't lie.

>>Als U vlaams bent, dan ben ik gewoon niet meer verbaasd, of eerlijk gezegd ook niet geinteresseerd in wat U schrijft. <<

TRANSLATION:

If you're Flemish then I'm simply no longer surprised or to be honest not interested in what you write.

And no, I'm not Flemish, I'm Dutch.
Tiffany   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:45 pm GMT
Suspicion, suspicion. Sander is Dutch, not Flemish. Guest was a troll, nothing more. You shouldn't stoop to the level of trolls. Everything you write alludes to what you believe. Even if you might not write exactly what you believe, one has to wonder what your motivation was.

I have no clue what it say, but if it is indeed an insult to the Flemish (as suggested by him), it is telling. But I can't conclude it is an insult, as I can't read it. Could you tell me what it says Pauline?
Pauline   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:46 pm GMT
When I lied?
Sander   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:51 pm GMT
You lied here:

>>I didn't insulted him/her. Also I didn't assumed this guest was a Fleming.<<

"Als u Vlaams bent" ("If you're Flemish", you assume he or she is Flemish. If you had no assumptions whatsoever why add the text in Dutch?) and of course the "Im not interested in what you say because you're Flemish"-part.
Pauline   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:52 pm GMT
I didn't lied, or insulted someone. Also, I don't have suspicion -what exactly you mean, Tiffany? you wonder what was my motivation, for what this motivation?

I don't like anymore this place. i thought it's for learn english, but it's just horrible.
Sander   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:56 pm GMT
I agree, it's an horrible place, and I also agree it's for learning English (and languages) in any case, not the place to insult Flemings.
LAA   Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:58 pm GMT
<<I don't like anymore this place. i thought it's for learn english, but it's just horrible.>>

Welcome to the Jungle. We got fun and games. We got fun for everyone. So why don't you come and play? In the Jungle! Welcome to the Jungle! Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Tiffany   Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:00 pm GMT
We posted at the same time, Sander. I did not notice your translation.

I don't judge what Pauline said to be an insult on the same level of the troll making up some bogus statement about French people being peasants.

I think perhaps there is a misunderstanding. The way I interpret Pauline's words is she IF the troll is Flemish, she is not surprised they'd say such a stupid thing. Whether or not Flemish people say things like this... well, that that remains to be seen. Pauline, being Walloon, knows more about the Flemish than I do.

She is then saying she is not interested in talking to this peron - this part has nothing to do with whether or not the person is Flemish. And I think she said it rightly, as I would not want to talk to a person that said such stupid things either.

How is my analysis, Pauline?

As for learning English, that's done mainly on the English forum. The languages forum is more about languages in general. It's your prerogative to leave, but don't let others scare you off.
Pauline   Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:13 pm GMT
Tiffany,

Your analysis is very well.

Sander   Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:31 pm GMT
No matter what pauline "tried" to say. Her open prejudice against Flemings is still to be disapproved of.