Spanish and filipino

Guest   Tue May 08, 2007 3:05 am GMT
The messages of Unknown Author, El Pinoy and Proud to be Filipino are full non-sense and without basis at all. it's like a make believe.

The leading foreign languages in Japan is English, next is French/German, Chinese and Spanish.

In the Philippines, the most widely spoken non-English foreign languages as an ACQUIRED TONGUE iS French, Japanese, Italian,and German based on what I always hear.

And don't brag about the US because everybody knows that Spanish is widely spoken in that country becasue of hispanic immigrants and most of them are illegal. It's not even a compulsory subject in the US secondary schools.

And who says that the whole world are cramming to learn Spanish? It may be on the top ten but it still it cannot displace English, French and German because those languages are more prestigious than Spanish, plus the knowledge that they can share to the whole world which the Spanish speaking world lacks.
Fundador   Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm GMT
lol guest, you are the non-sense and the one without basis at all. You clearly hate the Spanish due to the past colonization, get over it and grow up SONl
A Guest   Wed May 09, 2007 1:08 am GMT
Spanish = A citizen of Spain
Latin = A person from Latin America
Filipino = A citizen of the Philippines

Latin and Filipino = Both have Hispanic backgrounds. Therefore, makes them both Hispanic.

Calling a Latin the word -Spanish- is obviously incorrect, Hispanic or Latin is the right term.

Many Filipinos, the majority are unaware of the fact that they are Hispanic, they consider themselves as a race of their own. I have visited the Philippines countless times, also the different provinces. Most of them did not know that the most part of their culture is Spanish.

This was brought during the Anti-Hispanization of the USA during their colonization. Also the removal of the Spanish took place and it succeeded, now Tagalog is being erased little by little, start from the rich parts of the Philippines. People of high wealth speaks English as their first languages, private schools require students to speak in English or suffer from a mark deduction.
Guest   Wed May 09, 2007 3:29 am GMT
<< lol guest, you are the non-sense and the one without basis at all. You clearly hate the Spanish due to the past colonization, get over it and grow up SONl >>

You lack mturiry my son! Be realistic!
Guest   Wed May 09, 2007 3:32 am GMT
<< lol guest, you are the non-sense and the one without basis at all. You clearly hate the Spanish due to the past colonization, get over it and grow up SONl >>

You lack maturiry my son! Be realistic!
NHK   Wed May 09, 2007 4:17 am GMT
The messages of Unknown Author, El Pinoy and Proud to be Filipino are full non-sense and without basis at all. it's like a make believe.

<<<<<<<<<<<The leading foreign languages in Japan is English, next is French/German, Chinese and Spanish.

In the Philippines, the most widely spoken non-English foreign languages as an ACQUIRED TONGUE iS French, Japanese, Italian,and German based on what I always hear.

And don't brag about the US because everybody knows that Spanish is widely spoken in that country becasue of hispanic immigrants and most of them are illegal. It's not even a compulsory subject in the US secondary schools.

And who says that the whole world are cramming to learn Spanish? It may be on the top ten but it still it cannot displace English, French and German because those languages are more prestigious than Spanish, plus the knowledge that they can share to the whole world which the Spanish speaking world lacks. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DON'T SAY YOU'RE PROMOTING THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE???

As many Japanese people these days speak English and Spanish to make a living.

Get real, I don't wanna comment on your personality, you must have just gotten out of the M.H. (if you know what I mean).

You're hallucinating, brother.

As far as the world knows, Spanish is needed these days along with English. You need to wonder why Spanish is one of the UN's official languages? No Japanese or German???

And I'm a Japanese by the way
Nippon   Wed May 09, 2007 7:50 am GMT
<< DON'T SAY YOU'RE PROMOTING THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE???

Get real, I don't wanna comment on your personality, you must have just gotten out of the M.H. (if you know what I mean).

As far as the world knows, Spanish is needed these days along with English. You need to wonder why Spanish is one of the UN's official languages? No Japanese or German???

And I'm a Japanese by the way >>

Do you think I'm gullible enough to believe that you're a Japanese. I know who you are, you're either Fundador, Unknown Author, El Pinoy or Isang Pilipino.

You're the one who came out of the mental. You're like the other hispanics from other threads. TRAIDOR, STOP USING OTHER NATIONALITY JUST TO PROMOTE YOUR PATHETIC LANGUAGE AND CULTURE. SENZA VERGOGNA!
pammoon   Wed May 09, 2007 7:52 am GMT

Do you think I'm gullible enough to believe that you're a Japanese. I know who you are, you're either Fundador, Unknown Author, El Pinoy or Isang Pilipino.

You're the one who came out of the mental. You're like the other hispanics from other threads. TRAIDOR, STOP USING OTHER NATIONALITY JUST TO PROMOTE YOUR PATHETIC LANGUAGE AND CULTURE. SENZA VERGOGNA!

Sorrry I made a mistake in my name.
Spammoon   Wed May 09, 2007 7:58 am GMT

Sorrry I made a mistake in my name.
Spammoon   Wed May 09, 2007 8:32 am GMT
And what about your personality, NHK? Before you look at others look at yourself first.

You have no reason to get mad at me in the first place. In fact you have to get proud because the Japanese language is being promoted in this thread if you're really Japanese. But you're not. You're a hispanic disguising as Japanese.

Will you stop your hallunation , fundador. Why don't you seek a psychiatric help. Did you peed on your pants when you read my message that the most popular foreign languages aside from English here int the Philippines are French, Japanese, Italian, and German.

KATAPUSAN NA BA NG MUNDO MO? PARA KA BANG SINUKLUBAN NG LANGIT? IKAMAMATAY MO BA? ALAM MO ANG BABAW MO TALAGA. BAKA NAMAN PUMATAY AT MAGHURAMENTADO KA NANG DAHIL LANG DITO. KUNG DI MO RIN LANG KAYA CONTROLIN ANG SARILI MO, HWAG KA NA LANG PUMASOK DITO SA THREAD NA TO. SIGE KA MAHIRAP MASIRAAN NG BAIT.

Tama na dahil nakikita kong hirap na hirap kang subaybayan ang flow ng discusiion na to.
100%Filipino   Wed May 09, 2007 9:14 am GMT
It seems a lot of anti-spanish language/culture people on this forum are misinformed or dont bother to check their sources or speak from positions of inexperience thereby continuing the anti-spanish propaganda that was started by the Americans in the pacification efforts during the American occupation of the philippines (some are probably not even aware of the atrocities commited during the american-philippine war or for that matter that the war even took place - good propaganda job by the invaders).

Anyway, I dont believe in forcing anyone to speak spanish if they dont want to. I am just saying it can only help filipinos not hurt them... as is knowing english. by why not know Filipino, English and Spanish as well - how can this possibly hurt you to know Spanish? it is not true that Spanish is not popular in the US, Japan and Italy etc... I immigrated to the US and since live here. I also lived and worked in Europe for 6 years (in madrid and paris). It is a fact that Spanish is the second language of the united states. and shame on those filipinos who belittle hispanics, saying spanish is not something to be proud of because the spanish-speaking population of the US is poor. They forget that many filipinos are poor too. Do they think they are better than them as well? a person's character is not determined by his wealth in my book. Besides these "filipinos" are misinformed. I can only assume they doe not live in the US because of their blanket statements about US hispanics. I have many hispanic friends and colleauges who are well off and educated, so please don't generalize. Ignorant people criticize filipinos for the same thing. Japan has in recent years been experiencing a hispanic boom. Salsa and latin dancing has been exploding in Japan as well as their interest in learing the spanish language. the best flamenco dancers in asia come from japan! japan also produced one of THE biggest bands in Salsa music - "Orquestra de la luz". It is a shame that the Philippines known by the world as the most latin country in asia is second to Japan in any of these catagories, given our talent for music and dance. It is a cultural slap in the face (to ourselves). Salsa has also been exploding in Italy and italians are not only now more interested in spanish because of affinity and language similarities with spain, but now also with latin america and especially Cuba as Cubans are beloved in western europe. The biggest Italian singers have received music awards not for singing in Italian but for singing in Spanish!!! e.g. Laura Pausini, Eros Ramazzotti and even Andrea Bocelli! So yes, spanish is spoken in Italy. Most Italians can get by in Spanish.

By the way, I have a similar story as <<proud to be Filipino>> my cousin in PI was interviewed for a job in Florida (which paid much more than her job in PI - so she wouldve jumped at a chance to move to Miami!). but sadly she couldnt pass the Spanish language requirement for the job. She told me now she wishes she wouldve studied Spanish more esp. since she works in tourism. There is a growing requirement for Spanish in the US which will only grow. As Latin America grows and improves, business and tourism will grow as well for the hispanic market. Filipinos can only be helped by knowing spanish not hurt by it.... And if you dont want to learn it, no one is forcing you to. but the opportunity should be given to those with the foresight to take advantage of our own linguistic and cultural heritage which is equally important as our Asian Heritage. We are Hispanic Asians or Hispano-Asiaticos = Filipinos.
Unknown Author   Wed May 09, 2007 7:10 pm GMT
SpamMoon, you need to calm down. Do you know what I think of you because of your actions and wordings? . I think that you are one of those elementary kids in the stage of hating the Spanish because of the past colonization and abuse.

Plus like I said, the Spanish language will never cause any misbenefits to the Filipinos. I have asked you a question and yet, you gave answers to avoid answering the question, BECAUSE YOU KNOW, that implementing the Spanish language once again in the Philippines will only cause and give advantage to us Filipinos.

If you do not want to learn it, then don't, are we forcing you to?,NO,you're the ones missing out anyways, plus this is just a forum after all where people share opinions,not force a belief or anything. Many educated and broad minded Filipinos are open and are accepting the Spanish language to be spoken in the country "again". For it was once our official language for almost or over 4 centuries and it is still spoken in the southern part of the Philippines. Tell you what, a friend of mine came from Zamboanga , he is only in his first year of college but do you know how much he makes? $30 dollars an hour and he has only been here in this country for 9 months, ask me why?, because he speaks Spanish,English and Tagalog. He also has a sideline of translating for Spanish speakers who just came to this country , so he makes $5,000 to $8,000 dollars a month. For someone at the age of 21 and who just came in this country, hey buddy, that's A LOT, just 6 months and he can buy a brand new BMW or Mercedes Benz.

And like I said, if you really want to push in Japanese or whatever, then learn them. Most Filipinos do not care about it though, come here in North America and 95% of Filipinos prefers learning Spanish "again" instead of starting from scratch to learn French or German. Tell you what, I have been in Canada, French is their second language. I have met thousands of Filipinos and most of them "DOES NOT BOTHER" learning French, instead, I know MOST of them studying Spanish. Their reason, "we are Hispanic". Most Filipinos do not see it clearly and will just hardly understand that fact until they leave the Philippines and live in a place where there are many Hispanic people, only then, they will realize "I am a Hispanic-Asian".

So I understand what you are going through SpamMoon. Also, try speaking Japanese to a Japanese person, if you tell him you're Filipino, he won't really be interested in you, because for most of them.. WE ARE NOT ASIANS, but SPANISH. Try speaking French or German, they won't give a crap about you, you're Asian, they see you as a lower form of human race, plus they never colonized our country, there is no relation, they'll see you as a dog, not a human. I am not generalizing, but that is the fact, most Germans and French ,especially the older ones are racists. But the Spanish people, if you say you are FILIPINO, they see you as a BROTHER/SISTER. It does not matter if it is a Latin or a Spaniard, you belong to the family is what is in their minds.

In North America, you will "RARELY" see a Caucasian, Latin or Afro-American dating an Asian person, except for Filipinos. Especially Hispanics, In my years and years of living and going all over different parts of USA and Canada, I have never seen a Latin girl having an Asian boyfriend of Oriental descent , except for a "Hispanic Asian" which is.. Filipino. I just saw one last week, a Latin girl and a Filipino boyfriend.

Why?, because they think that we are Hispanic. Most Filipinos in the Philippines are not aware of this fact. To be honest, I hated Spaniards when I was still in the Philippines. But when I migrated to Toronto, I realized and discovered that us Filipinos are just another version of Spanish. Also, group of friends in North America, you will rarely see Asians with black,white or Spanish people. The only Asians you will see in a group of black,white or Hispanic are Filipinos.

I am not forcing anything to you or anyone of you who are reading this post. I am just explaining and stating my "real life" experiences and what I am seeing in almost everyday.

Have fun everyone