Why is greek such a funny language?

Dardan   Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:02 am GMT
@Petar

You crossed the line!

@others

Sorry about Petar, he seems to like jokes a little too much...
Alban   Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:28 am GMT
Petar, nese je shqiptar, largohu nga kjo teme tani! Ky nuk eshte vend per te diskutuar historine tone dhe sidomos disa nga gjerat qe permende me lart. Cdo gje ne kohen dhe vendin e vet ;-/
Pelasgus   Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:33 am GMT
Why not consider that these natural blonds in Albania, Greece, Balkans are Slavs,Aromanians or Normans?

Why Tosks are more dark than Gheg Albanians?

The first historical mention of Albania and the Albanians as such appears in an account of the resistance by a Byzantine emperor, Alexius I Comnenus, to an offensive by the Vatican-backed Normans from southern Italy into the Albanian-populated lands in 1081. In the same year, the weakness of the Byzantine empire let northern Albania slip under Serbian control.

The ports of Albania remained a valuable prize for several rival nations. The Normans, who ruled a kingdom in southern Italy, conquered Durrës in 1081.
Emmanuel   Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:57 am GMT
A few day before I posted this and one of the greek posters got really irritated, I don't know why?

"I also think that greeks look like arabs but I don't consider myself any purist or racist or whatever names Calliope here referred to someone in a very offending manner. It is a simple perception that greeks should not be paranoid or angry about. There is nothing wrong with looking like an arab, what is wrong with you, are you racist?

Greek language is a very hard language to learn. I tried once to learn at least the basics, but gave up in a matter of days. Instead, I learned French and I'm pretty good at it right now. I like greek/turkish food a lot :-) "

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Why are you guys so jumpy to anyone who says what he/she thinks? Are you really so worried about your looks that you forget what this topic is really about, greek language? I was treated like an enemy after this post. Maybe I should have said "greeks look like turks" and I apologise if that was the issue...anyway, I have learned a lot in this topic and have started doing some research about the Northern Africans' influence in Greek population and language. You guys wish me luck :-)
Pelasgus   Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:41 am GMT
Ok in general with some exceptions
North Greece=White,South Greece=Dark
North Albania =White, South Albania=Dark
North Italy.Spain=White,South Italy,Spain=Dark
Portugal,more dark than any other european nation
we have both also some gypsies,e?

The problem with your only arab-turkish influence is that such browns there are all over the Balkans and South Europe.There were also brows in Byzantine,Roman and Ancient Times(Look at the icons and vessels :)

IN 50 YEARS THROUGH GLOBALIZATION,EVERY PLACE WILL LOOK LIKE USA. then the only thing will be the culture,not the blood

Here we have a Proud Black Greek
Sophocles Schortsianitis(Mother Cameroon,Father Greek)
from the glorious greek basketball team,who beat US one

As for the language,all the hard things are beautiful :)
Pelasgus   Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:45 am GMT
And don't forget a plus reason for getting dark in South Europe.
THE SUN BURNS.Even if you are white,come to Crete,the southest
place of Europe,your skin will get dark,because we have Summer 8 months a year.
Emmanuel   Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:13 am GMT
...all the hard things are beautiful...hmmmm...OoooooKaaaaay...Pelasgus... LOL
Emmanuel   Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:24 am GMT
Pelasgus,

This is the way one should talk, like you, and not go creazy when someone states that he or she looks different from someone else. There were some angry reactions from some greeks in this topic that scared the bejesus out of us.

Man, I think almost everyone here said that being brown or even darker had nothing to do with how you feel inside or what kind of person you are...who cares if you are greek or turk or half and half or 80/20, like a power drink...pffff...who cares.

Someone in here mentioned Michael Jackson and his mania of being white or at least whiter. I don't want to see any of us fall that low...
Gregoris   Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:00 am GMT
...At the end, greeks are not slavs who came to the Balkans as slaves, they have been here for a looong time...
Pelasgus   Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:04 am GMT
Emmanuel
The more insulting and sockpupetting reactions are from anti-greeks
Go back and read,who started to talk about the skin and what characterizations and epithets they used.
I have no problem with colours and skins,I welcome all the black or yellow
immigrants-citizens in Europe and Greece,
For many people,white skin is considered ugly like a ghost==========
and they try to have a '''Tanning Sun therapy''' in the Mediterranean Sea
in order to get a more handsom look like Banderas and Stalone.
In USA,they say Black is Beautiful. :)