Romanian Language - Eastern Romance languages

Guest   Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 pm GMT
fdfs
eu   Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:08 am GMT
Moldovan is not a dialect; it is a regionalism, it is a difference what you need to be aware of! For an individual (and that's available in any language), who only speak literary, ot is no problem to understand a regionalism but pt will always have some difficulties understanding a dialect. Relative to Romanian, Aromanian is a dialect, Moldova, Translivanian, are regionalisms!
Alba   Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:12 am GMT
I thought Moldovians were Romanians. So how can a Romanian not understand Moldovian? lol. I speak standard Albanian but I can understand Kosovar Albanian too lol, isnt that the same thing with Moldovians and Romanians?
OldAvatar   Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:41 am GMT
Moldovan is not a language. It is called a language for political reasons. Even if you write in Moldovan with Kirillic alphabet, it is absolutely the same with Romanian, there is no difference. Of course, the spoken Romanian from both regions of Moldova has a strong Slavic accent (Polish influence in Romanian Moldova and mostly Russian in independent Moldova, aka Bassarabia).
OldAvatar   Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:48 am GMT
There are not even dialects in Romanian except of those spoken mainly in Balkans (Aromanian, Megleno-Romanian, Istro-Romanian etc), on the right shore of the Danube river.
Zek   Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:59 am GMT
While not being pidgins nor creoles, English (see Middle English creole hypothesis), Basque and Albanian have a substantial Romance influence in their vocabularies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Romance_languages
Zek   Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:09 am GMT
Extinct eastern romance languages

# Dalmatian: Croatia (extinct)

* Ragusan
* Vegliot
* Dalmatian venetian - Zara/Zadar

# Romance Pannonian language Hungary (extinct)
Pete   Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 pm GMT
<<# Dalmatian: Croatia (extinct) >>

Oh!!! this is it!! this is the one I was talking about, I just didn't remember the correct info. I need to confirm my info before posting. Thank you guys.

Pete from Peru
Guest   Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:53 pm GMT
Italian can be intelligible to an EDUCATED Romanian that knows a lot of Latinate neologisms. To an uneducated Romanian Italian would be just another foreign language.
Vasilis   Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:37 am GMT
Romanian language is otherwise called the Latin-Gypsie. It has no future in Europe. In 100 years it will probably turn into a second language for romanians themselves. It will be dropped like it's hot.
Guest   Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:54 am GMT
<<Romanian language is otherwise called the Latin-Gypsie. It has no future in Europe. In 100 years it will probably turn into a second language for romanians themselves. It will be dropped like it's hot. >>

That will not happen. Romanian survived for more than a millenium in a sea of slavic speaking people.
Eu   Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:50 am GMT
<<Romanian language is otherwise called the Latin-Gypsie>>

by who Vasilis? who calls Romanian a Latin-Gypsy, you? Poor you!
Julio   Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:17 pm GMT
Guest Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:53 pm GMT
"Italian can be intelligible to an EDUCATED Romanian that knows a lot of Latinate neologisms. To an uneducated Romanian Italian would be just another foreign language."

That's true with the mention that this is applicable for a simple, uneductaed Italian as well. Ask a Sicilian who only speaks his dialect if he uderstands the TV stations...

My point is that we need to understand that the latinated neologisms (as otehr neologism as well) penetrated (and still penetrate) the languages folowing a normal, objective evolution process. The same latinated neologism penetrated modern Italian, Spanish, French, or even English, German , etc. It is just normal for the conditions we live in today...for the exposion to so many common things we share eachotehr nowdays...
Peter   Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:45 pm GMT
Vasilis. Sounds like a Russian or some kind of Slavic name to me. I guess that makes you an expert on the Romanian language.
Guest   Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:08 am GMT
"Vasilis" is actually Greek.