Should the Philippines start speaking Spanish again?

Guest   Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:43 am GMT
<<palibhasa lahat kayo ang kikitid ng utak nyo hahahahahhaha!! pinoy nga kayo, buti nalang intsik ako na lumaki lang sa pinas hahaha mga bobo!! buti di ako nalahian ninyo hahahah!!!! >>

Alam naman ng marami na mababa tingin ng mga intsik sa mga non-chinese. Puede ba at least di kami katulad nyo na dinidiktahan kayo ng mga magulang nyo kung sino pakakasalan nyo. Wala kayong kalayaan at di kayo puedeng magdesisyon para sa personal na buhay nyo kahit matured na kayo. Kayo and bobo at makitid ang utak.

Di nyo man lang inisip na kaya nga tayo binigyan ng isip ng Dios para gamitin antin para sa makapagdesisyon tayo para sa ikabubuti ng kanya-kanyang buhay. Tapos kayo iba nagdedesisyon para sa inyo.

HOW GULLIBLE!
Guest   Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:00 pm GMT
I'm a linguist and I speak your languages.All asians are stupid. Plain and Simple
Unknown Author   Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:51 pm GMT
I started this thread hoping to get opinions from "educated" people, especially my fellow Filipinos. But I must have forgotten that majority of our population is uneducated.

It is going way out of the topic, from asking opinions, went to pointless ranting and flaming and now to insulting of another ethnic backgrounds.

I would like to cut this thread, thank you very much for posting. The Spanish language might be brought back either any of you agree or not. The president has already spoken with Spain's king just recently and she also had her vacation in Madrid and had a meeting with Spanish president and king together.

Philippines is one of the important projects of Spain in these coming years, but that is not to colonize the country. That project is to do trades and business with the Philippines and also to help the country get back to its feet once again by aiding our poor, mislead and mostly uneducated nation.

Muchas gracias mi hermanos

Have a nice day.
Guest   Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:21 am GMT
Unknown Author, it was Fundador who started insulting the pinoy.
Guest   Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:22 am GMT
As I posted on my previous message, it was the fault of the Spanish authorities during colonial times that the Filipinos switched to English shortly after the turnover of the Philippines to the Americans. Yes, let's just say that Americans used education to propagate English. You see the Spaniards did not care for the educational welfare of the Filipinos for fear that the minds of the Filipinos would be opened and eventually would lead to rebellion. As a result the language failed to get rooted on the minds and culture of the Filipino people.

It's too late to bring back the Spanish language in the Philippines. It should have been done shortly after the American takeover. Many people see as impractical move. I have nothing against the study of Spanish, but to make it compulsory, it would require lots of investment (financially speaking), efforts, and striving on the Filipino side. Lots of Filipinos are unwilling to study another foreign tongue aside from the numerous vernacular languages spoken all over the archipelago. That would be too much for them.

We're not uneducated just because we posted messages in this thread in Tagalog and just because we don't speak Spanish.

Many Filipinos can speak and write English well but there are also a number of us who handle the language quite poorly although they understand it very well. Please don't generalize and try not to become holistic.

An educated person is not measured by the langauge that he speaks but rather on how he applies in his life the knowledge and training that he gained from schooling.
daiLou   Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:53 pm GMT
I think it's a must for every Filipino to learn the Spanish language. It's part of our history...a part of us..whether we like it or not. The Spaniards may not have been so kind with our forefathers, but they molded us to become who we are today.. the Filipinos. We have a saying that goes.. "Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan."

Haven't you noticed that it's hard for us Filipinos to fit in sometimes? I know that we're Asians, but it hard for me to point out our cultural similarities with other Asian nations. When I identify myself with the Hispanic, it's still very odd. We may have similar culture with the Hispanics, but we don't speak their language. Geographically, we're Asians... but culturally we're Hispanics.

But, even if Spanish will be taught in school, we should still value the importance of Tagalog. Tagalog will always remain as our national language, no matter what.
Guest   Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:05 am GMT
<<Alam naman ng marami na mababa tingin ng mga intsik sa mga non-chinese. Puede ba at least di kami katulad nyo na dinidiktahan kayo ng mga magulang nyo kung sino pakakasalan nyo. Wala kayong kalayaan at di kayo puedeng magdesisyon para sa personal na buhay nyo kahit matured na kayo. Kayo and bobo at makitid ang utak.

Di nyo man lang inisip na kaya nga tayo binigyan ng isip ng Dios para gamitin antin para sa makapagdesisyon tayo para sa ikabubuti ng kanya-kanyang buhay. Tapos kayo iba nagdedesisyon para sa inyo.

HOW GULLIBLE!>>

This Chinese girl is unbelievably insane, subukan nyo kayang bisitahin ang mga intsik dito sa China na kasing baho ng mga baboy, nagduduraan kung saan saan, naliligo sa maduduming sapa, sumakain ng kung ano anong insecto.

Siguro kala ng mga Tsinoy sa Pinas, maganda talaga ang buhay ng mga Tsinoy sa China, napamanahan lang ng TIKOY COMPANY mayaman na daw.

For foreigners like us, super baba ng mga Tsekwa, pumunta ka kaya sa Shanghai para malaman mo na mga katulong at AYI lang ang mga Intsek dito. Inuutusan at tinatadyakan lang ng mga Pinoy na inginyero or other professionals.

Have you ever tried to visit Brazil where these people are treated as Mafias? There are plenty of them my dear, and you might as well want to take up BS MAFIANCY.

Compared to your Spanish Filipino counterparts who are well cultured, never thought of spitting in public (and by the way, how many times have you spitted on the computer screen while reading this message?), and who are really sophisticated, I suggest the word "compare" wouldn't be inappropriate, we need to devise a word for that, but you think we can get the right from the CHINESE dictionary? No way, since Spanish has one of the richest vocabulary among the languages.

Spanish now if you would go to Europe and various developed countries is associated with luxury goods, since most of the countries that produce luxury products are from the Spanish speaking countries.

"Chin chun su" ba is expensive? HA HA HA Baka masira lang ang cutis meztizo namin. Kaya nga may word na "AN AN" (From Chinese) because we never had that rare disease, you might be suffering from it now, Tsekwang beho.

Caballeros, todos, que leyendo esta mensaje, este clase de mujer para nos, filipinos o hispanofilipinos, no necesitamos a hablarla, una persona maleducada, tonta chinesa, o probablemente una mujer que tiene impresa vende "goto" y "tsinelas", o "taho" en frente de una universidad espanol en filipinas.

En realidad, the mental illness "DAWN SYNDROME" started in her country, sorry but yeah.

Anyways, Spanish now as spoken in the US, coincides with the interest of many Filipinos who want to re adopt it as another official language, is a wise choice. There have been debates whether Chinese should be added, which many opposed. Since most Chinese these days have the hunger to learn English, SPANISH, as well as French, and the young innocent lady who had been trying to live in the Philippines, even studies TAGALOG, which is neolanguage of the languages.

Spanish, being the language of the bible, the language of the church (and now being started as the language of TAOISM and BUDDHISM), along with English will do a give the "EDUCATED" person, whether he or she is a Filipino (mostly educated and wellmannered); or a CHINESE citizen(pretending to be educated), will do the trick and has a long way to go.
Chinaman   Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:17 am GMT
<<Alam naman ng marami na mababa tingin ng mga intsik sa mga non-chinese. Puede ba at least di kami katulad nyo na dinidiktahan kayo ng mga magulang nyo kung sino pakakasalan nyo. Wala kayong kalayaan at di kayo puedeng magdesisyon para sa personal na buhay nyo kahit matured na kayo. Kayo and bobo at makitid ang utak.

HOW GULLIBLE!>>

This Chinese girl is unbelievably insane, subukan nyo kayang bisitahin ang mga intsik dito sa China na kasing baho ng mga baboy, nagduduraan kung saan saan, naliligo sa maduduming sapa, sumakain ng kung ano anong insecto.

Siguro kala ng mga Tsinoy sa Pinas, maganda talaga ang buhay ng mga Tsinoy sa China, napamanahan lang ng TIKOY COMPANY mayaman na daw.

For foreigners like us, super baba ng mga Tsekwa, pumunta ka kaya sa Shanghai para malaman mo na mga katulong at AYI lang ang mga Intsek dito. Inuutusan at tinatadyakan lang ng mga Pinoy na inginyero or other professionals.

Have you ever tried to visit Brazil where these people are treated as Mafias? There are plenty of them my dear, and you might as well want to take up BS MAFIANCY.

Compared to your Spanish Filipino counterparts who are well cultured, never thought of spitting in public (and by the way, how many times have you spitted on the computer screen while reading this message?), and who are really sophisticated, I suggest the word "compare" wouldn't be inappropriate, we need to devise a word for that, but you think we can get the right from the CHINESE dictionary? No way, since Spanish has one of the richest vocabulary among the languages.

Spanish now if you would go to Europe and various developed countries is associated with luxury goods, since most of the countries that produce luxury products are from the Spanish speaking countries.

"Chin chun su" ba is expensive? HA HA HA Baka masira lang ang cutis meztizo namin. Kaya nga may word na "AN AN" (From Chinese) because we never had that rare disease, you might be suffering from it now, Tsekwang beho.

Caballeros, todos, que leyendo esta mensaje, este clase de mujer para nos, filipinos o hispanofilipinos, no necesitamos a hablarla, una persona maleducada, tonta chinesa, o probablemente una mujer que tiene impresa vende "goto" y "tsinelas", o "taho" en frente de una universidad espanol en filipinas.

En realidad, the mental illness "DAWN SYNDROME" started in her country, sorry but yeah.

Anyways, Spanish now as spoken in the US, coincides with the interest of many Filipinos who want to re adopt it as another official language, is a wise choice. There have been debates whether Chinese should be added, which many opposed. Since most Chinese these days have the hunger to learn English, SPANISH, as well as French, and the young innocent lady who had been trying to live in the Philippines, even studies TAGALOG, which is neolanguage of the languages.

Spanish, being the language of the bible, the language of the church (and now being started as the language of TAOISM and BUDDHISM), along with English will do a give the "EDUCATED" person, whether he or she is a Filipino (mostly educated and wellmannered); or a CHINESE citizen(pretending to be educated), will do the trick and has a long way to go.
chinchin   Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:14 am GMT

HOW GULLIBLE!>>

Unknown Author   Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:59 pm GMT
Looks like i'm not the only one who is in favor to apply the Spanish language to the Filipinos. They are right, we are Asian by location, but we are not 100% Asian by blood and definitely not Asian by culture. We are Hispanic Asians in short. I have met many many many Asian people and guess what, some of them "DO NOT" consider Filipinos as Asians, viets think we are Spanish, Indians from India think the same and so on. Go to North America, Caucasians see you as "Spanish Asian", Latin America considers you as a brother if you are a Filipino, regardless of the Philippines' location. I have friends from Spain and "THEY" consider us as "BROTHERS IN BLOOD" ,while we disgust and hate them because of the past. All I can say is... grow up,accept the fact and learn how to forgive, the past served as a lesson, the present is a gift and the future is a mystery and that future, it is up to us, whether we want it better or worse.

It is funny how much Filipinos hate Spaniards because of the past while they love the Japanese people , the people who killed hundreds and thousands and hundred thousands of Filipinos in just 3 years. The Spanish and the Americans did not even reach that much Filipino death toll during their 333 years and 40 years occupation.

Plus, they did not use the Filipinas as sex slaves,though there may be times that they "raped" Filipinas,but not an "official sex slave" like the Japanese did. Think about it, you still love the Japanese and hate Spaniards more?, like I said, past is past.. move on, grow up and learn how to make the future better. Do not be closed minded is all I can say to our Filipino brothers.

I have seen one forum and a Filipino posted in "pure" tagalog saying, the Tagalog is already dying, most people mix a lot of English words with a Tagalog sentence, what more if we will bring back Spanish?, man if he was not dumb enough, he used more than 50 Spanish words in that whole paragraph he wrote. How can you mix Spanish with Tagalog if Tagalog itself is not complete without 2000+ Spanish words hahaha.

Anyways, Have fun everyone and I'm glad that not all Filipinos are closed minded.
Josh Lalonde   Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:25 pm GMT
Those people are all just you with different names. Nice try.
Unknown Author   Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:56 am GMT
And what would I achieve from doing such? as you are accusing me?

Nice try.
Another Guest   Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:11 pm GMT
Hey all! I would just like to add that the proud and superior Visayan races who live in Vis-Min don't give a flying f**k about Tagalog.

That is all.

Bye.
Marcos LLanes   Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:13 am GMT
I think that the whole idea of making spanish an official language again in the philippines is an excellent idea because I believe that the filipinos need spanish to understand their history. I'm married to a beautiful filipina and she loves everything about us spanish people. Que viva las filipinas y la lengua espanola!!! By the way we have two beautiful boys,and yes i'm teaching them spanish. In fact,we're planning to move to the philippines soon and I'm planning to open a television station in spanish because i believe that many people,especially the spanish mestizos are yearning for a project like this. Remember,many films in the philippines were first done in spanish like Secreto de Confesion. I can't understand why the philippine gonverment doesn't promote the spanish language. Everybody knows that it is the second language most spoken in the United States of America. Since i live in a predominantely filipino community in Bergenfield,New Jersey i have come across many filipinos who speaks spanish because they know that it is very important. We must pressure the philippine government to restore the spanish language to it's official status because the philippines is a Hispanic Nation whether they like it or not. Que viva Cuba,Espana, y Las islas Filipinas!!!!
Hasta pronto y salamat.
Another Guest   Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 am GMT
I blame Cory Aquino for this. I was (or about to be) in first grade when she ditched Spanish subjects from schools in 1987.