Should the Philippines start speaking Spanish again?

Guest   Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:02 am GMT
<< <<Alam naman ng marami na mababa tingin ng mga intsik sa mga non-chinese. Puede ba at least di kami katulad nyo na dinidiktahan kayo ng mga magulang nyo kung sino pakakasalan nyo. Wala kayong kalayaan at di kayo puedeng magdesisyon para sa personal na buhay nyo kahit matured na kayo. Kayo and bobo at makitid ang utak.

Di nyo man lang inisip na kaya nga tayo binigyan ng isip ng Dios para gamitin antin para sa makapagdesisyon tayo para sa ikabubuti ng kanya-kanyang buhay. Tapos kayo iba nagdedesisyon para sa inyo.

HOW GULLIBLE!>>

This Chinese girl is unbelievably insane, subukan nyo kayang bisitahin ang mga intsik dito sa China na kasing baho ng mga baboy, nagduduraan kung saan saan, naliligo sa maduduming sapa, sumakain ng kung ano anong insecto.

Siguro kala ng mga Tsinoy sa Pinas, maganda talaga ang buhay ng mga Tsinoy sa China, napamanahan lang ng TIKOY COMPANY mayaman na daw.

For foreigners like us, super baba ng mga Tsekwa, pumunta ka kaya sa Shanghai para malaman mo na mga katulong at AYI lang ang mga Intsek dito. Inuutusan at tinatadyakan lang ng mga Pinoy na inginyero or other professionals.

Have you ever tried to visit Brazil where these people are treated as Mafias? There are plenty of them my dear, and you might as well want to take up BS MAFIANCY.

Compared to your Spanish Filipino counterparts who are well cultured, never thought of spitting in public (and by the way, how many times have you spitted on the computer screen while reading this message?), and who are really sophisticated, I suggest the word "compare" wouldn't be inappropriate, we need to devise a word for that, but you think we can get the right from the CHINESE dictionary? No way, since Spanish has one of the richest vocabulary among the languages.

Spanish now if you would go to Europe and various developed countries is associated with luxury goods, since most of the countries that produce luxury products are from the Spanish speaking countries.

"Chin chun su" ba is expensive? HA HA HA Baka masira lang ang cutis meztizo namin. Kaya nga may word na "AN AN" (From Chinese) because we never had that rare disease, you might be suffering from it now, Tsekwang beho.

Caballeros, todos, que leyendo esta mensaje, este clase de mujer para nos, filipinos o hispanofilipinos, no necesitamos a hablarla, una persona maleducada, tonta chinesa, o probablemente una mujer que tiene impresa vende "goto" y "tsinelas", o "taho" en frente de una universidad espanol en filipinas.

En realidad, the mental illness "DAWN SYNDROME" started in her country, sorry but yeah.

Anyways, Spanish now as spoken in the US, coincides with the interest of many Filipinos who want to re adopt it as another official language, is a wise choice. There have been debates whether Chinese should be added, which many opposed. Since most Chinese these days have the hunger to learn English, SPANISH, as well as French, and the young innocent lady who had been trying to live in the Philippines, even studies TAGALOG, which is neolanguage of the languages.

Spanish, being the language of the bible, the language of the church (and now being started as the language of TAOISM and BUDDHISM), along with English will do a give the "EDUCATED" person, whether he or she is a Filipino (mostly educated and wellmannered); or a CHINESE citizen(pretending to be educated), will do the trick and has a long way to go. >>

Wait a second, I'm not a Chinese and I'm not a girl either. If you know how to analyze, my last message is a reaction on the anti-Filipino message posted by an individual who claimed that he's a pure Chinese extraction.

I guess the one who reacted on my last message was not really a Filipino and asked somebody to have an English text written by him to get translated in Tagalog so that he could post it on this thread.

Nice try, but you have to work out on your tagalog. It's a good thing that we were able to maintain our vernacular languages otherwise outsiders could easily eavesdrop on our private conversations. But since that is the case we can converse in our native toungue without having fear that outsiders can pick up what we are talking about. That's our edge to people whose native langauges are either English, French, Spanish, Russian, and other interantional languages.

By the way I admire the Paraguayans because their native language is not Spanish but Guarani although the former is used for official purposes. They decided to adopt it as their first language so that people from neighboring countries like Brazil, Argentina, and Bolivia which they went to war with in the 19th century will have a hard time understanding them. Something that they would not be able to gather information on their internal affairs. If you know what I mean.
Unknown Author   Wed May 02, 2007 2:18 am GMT
Corazon Aquino "DID NOT" know anything, during her period nothing was done. She did not have any knowledge in running a country, the Philippines' economy declined the worst during her term.
Another Guest   Wed May 02, 2007 1:10 pm GMT
Of course not. We all know Marcos did it. Cory may not have lived up to expectations but since 1990 growth was maybe at zero but at least there was no signigicant contraction. Which further confirms my theory that the Philippines is very resilient and is a rich country with a lot of poor people in it.
Message Writer   Wed May 02, 2007 2:14 pm GMT
Just admit that the reason why you hate Mrs. Corazon Aquino is because Spanish was discarded from college curricula under her term and she speaks French fluently. Am I right Unknown Author?
OFW in Italy   Wed May 02, 2007 2:38 pm GMT
Salve!

Io sono filippino. Pero prefero parlar l'italiano come la mia lingua straniera di numero due. Lo trovo più utile in aspetti numerosi come ci sono molti filippini chi lavorano nell'Italia, le idee che gli italiani hanno dato al mondo intero ed altre.

Grazie mille!
Don Quixote   Wed May 02, 2007 3:47 pm GMT
Come to think of it, if it weren't for the Spaniards, we wouldn't be right here right now. Some of us are part Spanish, some are not, I mean, think of this situation: Your Grandmother is a filipina, and if she hadn't met your Spanish Grandfather, they wouldn't have your father, therefore, your father wouldn't have you. Just a theory. And I would like to agree about bringing the Spanish lingo back. Anything Spanish reflects in our country; our past, thus making the Philippines outshine other Asian countries.
Filipino from Manila   Thu May 03, 2007 12:58 am GMT
Si,definitivamente! Las Islas Filipinas fue coloña de España. We were Spanish and we will always be Spanish in our ways of living, in the past,present and future.

Those people who does not want the Spanish back are the stupid and lazy Filipinos do does not want to look back and know the truth and does not want to study another language. They just want to stay where they are, which is the lowest of the low.

Kaya hindi umaangat ang Pilipinas dahil sa mga katulad nyong kritiko na mga walang pinagaralan at kung meron man, mga sarado ang inyong pagiisip at makasarili kayo. Akala nyo tama kayo pero ang totoo ay mali kayo, maraming namamatay sa maling akala. Remember that, estupidos!

Soy de las Filipinas, yo vivo en ciudad de Makati pero no soy mestizo. I want the Spanish back and I strongly support it because we must have it again. Look at a tree, will a tree live and be strong and grow without its roots?, yes many of you will say not much of us have Spanish blood, but the Spaniards are still our founders, they planted us and here we are, we are the tree,a tree that is dying little by little.

Viva La Republica Filipinas
Viva España
Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 12:16 pm GMT
<<Kaya hindi umaangat ang Pilipinas dahil sa mga katulad nyong kritiko na mga walang pinagaralan at kung meron man, mga sarado ang inyong pagiisip at makasarili kayo. Akala nyo tama kayo pero ang totoo ay mali kayo, maraming namamatay sa maling akala. Remember that, estupidos!>>

Sa tingin mo kaya uunlad ang Pilipinas kung ibabalik ang kastila? Tingnan mo nga yung mga Hispanic countries sa LatAm, puro sila nasa 3rd world. Pano nila ihahango and Pinas sa kahirapan kung sila rin naman ay mahihirap din? At porke ba ayaw ng nakakaraming pinoy nas ibalik ang kastila estupido na sila?

Think wisely friend!
Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 12:41 pm GMT
*** Kaya hindi umaangat ang Pilipinas dahil sa mga katulad nyong kritiko na mga walang pinagaralan at kung meron man, mga sarado ang inyong pagiisip at makasarili kayo. Akala nyo tama kayo pero ang totoo ay mali kayo, maraming namamatay sa maling akala. Remember that, estupidos! ***

Hoy! Dahan-dahan ka sa mga sinasabi mo. May pinag-aralan kami for your information. Makakapagpost ba kami ng mga mensahe rito na may katuturan at nasa context nitong thread kung wala kaming pinag-aralan.

Di ako nainiwlalang di ka mestizo na may Spanish upbringing. O di kaya Spanish professor ka na malaki ang naging kawalan sa kita nang i-abolish ang Spanish. Kung ako sa yo mag-aral ka ng iba pang lingwahe tulad ng French, Nippongo, Italian, German etc. para madagdagan ang kita mo hindi yung nag-iistick ka sa isang field of specialization na ngayon eh halos wala nang silbi.
Another Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 9:51 pm GMT
>>>Come to think of it, if it weren't for the Spaniards, we wouldn't be right here right now. Some of us are part Spanish, some are not, I mean, think of this situation: Your Grandmother is a filipina, and if she hadn't met your Spanish Grandfather, they wouldn't have your father, therefore, your father wouldn't have you. Just a theory. And I would like to agree about bringing the Spanish lingo back. Anything Spanish reflects in our country; our past, thus making the Philippines outshine other Asian countries.

If it weren't for the Spanish, other European powers would have came. Though I'm sure we're richer now (and more boring) if we happened to be a former British colony but I'd rather have our Spainish and American flavors. At least we ended up being a Christian nation and so damn good looking!
Another Guest   Thu May 03, 2007 9:55 pm GMT
>>>At porke ba ayaw ng nakakaraming pinoy nas ibalik ang kastila estupido na sila?

Siguro kayong mga Tagalog ayaw niyo. Pero kaming mga Bisaya would welcome it since we use more Spanish loan words making it easier for us to learn it.
pureFilipinoDude   Thu May 03, 2007 9:59 pm GMT
I am native filipino and speak filipino and spanish. I am not spanish mestizo an have not inherent pro-spain biases. But I think that learning spanish can only benefit filipinos not hurt them. Here are some benefits that I can think of in re-establishing not only the Spanish language but also strengthening our ties with Spain and Latin America:
1) Employment: The growing call-center industry pays good salaries (at least 2X more the norm) for spanish speaking employees. Filipinos also have cultural affinity with Hispanic customers which aids in the overall communication exchange.
2) Employment: Spanish is the 2nd language in the US. There are many opportunities in the US for spanish speaking workers.
3) Business: Spanish is the 2nd most popular language in the world. There are business opportunities and cultural advantages the Philippines can have by re-establishing ourselves as a Spanish Speaking country.
4) Business: Spain is the FASTEST growing country in the EU. The spanish govt has stated many times that they want to strengthen their ties with Asia via the Philippines.
5) Employment: Spain is the number one tourist destination in the world. Filipinos already have a good reputation as excellent workers in Spain. Filipinos can get higher level positions by speaking spanish well.
6) Business: Spain has proposed and is working on a commercial triangulation between Spain (EU)->Philippines (ASEAN)->Latin America.
7)History: most of the history of the philippines is written in spanish. Translations into English are very often interpreted with an Anglo/American slant and contain many inaccuracies. The ability to read our own history in spanish is essential in our struggle to understand our Filipino Identity. There has been too much Pro-Amenican and Anti-Spanish propaganda during the American occupation that needs to be balanced out. We can do this by interpreting our own history for ourselves apart from American historical propaganda.
8) Business: the Spanish govt. has set asside numerous grants for spanish cultural development projects in the philippines. Enterprising Filipinos can access these grants.
9) Tourism: Why not try to atract tourism from Spain and Latin America. Spain especially has an unusually large number of tourists travelling to Asia, yet many never reach the Philippines. The Philippines should be the number one destination for Spanish tourists!
10) Politics: Spain can be the main ally in the European Union for the Philippines. The Philippines can be the main ally for spain in ASEAN.
11) Terrorism: We are also both countries with a terrorist problem and separatist movement. Spain (ETA and Al Qaida) Philippines (MNLF, Abu Sayyaf, Al Qaida).
Unknown Author   Thu May 03, 2007 10:07 pm GMT
Very well said "Filipino From Manila" and "pureFILIPINOdude". Your thoughts and reasoning and smart indeed. It is just really sad that the fact exists that most of our country men's eyes,ears and minds are already totally shut.

As the saying goes. "The fruit is the product of a tree or plant,therefore, if the tree or plant is bad, then so is the fruit, most of the Filipinos have been MISEDUCATED and MISTAUGHT" it is sad but it is very true.

Have fun everyone
Filipinos from New York,U   Fri May 04, 2007 2:29 am GMT
Yes, I agree that Philippines must speak Spanish again. Many of my friends are from Latin America and they really welcome us like we are a part of their families. Our culture and behavior and specially the way we treat other people, the hospitality!! When I am around Latin or Spaniard people, I don't feel that i'm different, its like I'm around other Filipino people, I do not see them as different races and so do they.
Unknown Author   Fri May 04, 2007 2:59 am GMT
You're all getting too serious and offending each other,let's sing :D

Pero dale que hoy vamos hacerlo sin miedo,Hoy vamos a romper el hielo,
Hoy ya que la noche es perfecta,Pa' hacerlo hasta que amanezca
Hoy vamos hacerlo sin miedoHoy vamos a romper el hielo,
hoy Ya que la noche es perfecta,Pa hacerlo hasta que amanezca

Al igual que yo, yo se que usted tambien en mi cama y en mis brazos quiere amanecer los dos desnudos yo te beso y te acaricio la briza y al fin de la hornada en tu carro.. una sonrisa de satisfaccion por lo que tu y yo hicimos
mientras que la luna mira y se hace la testigo de los gritos que tu hacias de sendo placer me mata las ganas de yo volverla a ver
de la senora que me mata si me mira y me vuelve loco si al oida me suspira
oyendo los gemidos solo fue sexo intenso en la oscuridad del cuarto en un silencio inmenso.

Man I love this song :P