Slavic languages the most musical in Eurovision

Mojca   Mon May 14, 2007 4:27 pm GMT
''But I bet Serbia or another Slavic nation in Balkans will win the Eurovision next year just because of politics...''

Yugoslavia won in 1989, so what? It was politics then too?
Are you jealous?
s.jack   Mon May 14, 2007 4:31 pm GMT
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
(I'm having fun here)
Russenorsk back!   Mon May 14, 2007 4:37 pm GMT
<< Yugoslavia won in 1989, so what? It was politics then too?
Are you jealous? >>
Of course not. Serbia did only this year started competing and it won immediately after joining, is it a coinsidence?
s.jack   Mon May 14, 2007 4:57 pm GMT
Radix malorum est cupiditas.
Linguist   Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 pm GMT
>>Girl, are you serious wishing death to millions of people? So I'm avsolutely right in my hatred to the West.<<

--------------------

Linguist,

where I said something about wishing death to millions of people? I don't wish death to nobody.

You want people to disappear, well they can disappear only after holoucost or nuclear war.
Pauline   Mon May 14, 2007 5:56 pm GMT
>>So, Finland, who won last year, is an Eastern country? Tsk... sour grapes.<<

Caliope,

It was a surprise that Finland has won last year, and a great exception :-) It's not sour grapes, I'm not a person who would feel such a thing.My country has won once, and mostly our contestants aren't good, but last year she was very good singer and it was a great song - those eastern voters prevented that she was in the final.

>>Pauline, please shut up.
I'm from Slovenia and my country is more to the west than most of your country, including Vienna, which we can consider FarEast compared to our geografic location. Please go away with this East-West separation.
That sounds a bit Hitler-like.<<

Mojca,

why you greet me "please shut up"???? How rude!!!

Slovenia is absolutly not more west than most of my country. My country is far west of europe, even at the west coast of the continent. Slovenia is 100s kms more eastener. The most east place of my country is completely in west europe. It seems you havn't no idea of geogrpahy and you must look at the map of europe.

It's not Hitler-like but for make some just situation so that the countries who have created this contest can take part in the final, not automatic all the eastern countries win all the places because of their voteing manipulation.

>>Germany(x3) music is terrible
[Austria, Switzerland, Germany] <<

Mojca,

i don't know how similar are Austria, germany and switzerland. I was one day in germany but I havn't visited those other ones. Of those, only Germany was in the final, and in my opinion the german song was great. It was of professionnel standard, good voice, great song. People here foudn that the swiss song was very good and it was injust that switzerland didn't go in the final (again because of eastern voteing)

>>You want people to disappear, well they can disappear only after holoucost or nuclear war.<<

Linguist,

This were your thoughts that I would mean holocaust or nuclear war. Don't impose your thoughts at me.

i mean that I hope that they will disappear from trying to take over western europe and ruin all things here because they are jealous and hate west europe, so they won't get succes with their manipulation and getting power etc..

if Yugoslavia would enter as one country and win, okay, but if it would enter as 6 countries and win, of course it win!!! If belgium will enter as 6 countries it will win, especially if the situation would be like in the east (when all the slavic countries vote for themself) but in the western countries this evil manipulation doesn't take place.
s.jack   Mon May 14, 2007 7:04 pm GMT
So you are saying that Yugoslavia had years of bloody war which resulted in 6 exyu countries just to make possible for Serbia to win Eurosong contest? And the reason why Belgians would not do it is because they are not evil manipulators.
s.jack   Mon May 14, 2007 7:07 pm GMT
I dare you belgians, manipulate a little. Have a life, have a war. It pays well.
s.jack   Mon May 14, 2007 7:09 pm GMT
Sancta simplicitas!
Pauline   Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 pm GMT
>>So you are saying that Yugoslavia had years of bloody war which resulted in 6 exyu countries just to make possible for Serbia to win Eurosong contest? And the reason why Belgians would not do it is because they are not evil manipulators.<<

s.jack,

No, they didn't have their wars for this reason, of course not, but to have so many civil wars is evil and violent. Why they divide in so many countries when they speak the same language and vote for themself at the Eurovision? i don't like such a country at all. i havn't no idea why they've had those wars and killed themself (their own countrymen / people).Evidently they are friends now because they give themself (each other) all the votes but neverhteless this year again they divided : Serbia & Montenegro. Romania is evil as well.

For sure there are some belgians who manipluate, but lesser and it's not the thing so accepted like in east europe. I hope that we won't have a war. Only east europeans can think somehting like it's very well haveing a war because it pays well.
Liz   Mon May 14, 2007 7:34 pm GMT
This forum is supposed to be about more sensible issues than ad hominem attacks against each other. It's just a suggestion, though.
Linguist   Tue May 15, 2007 6:46 am GMT
>> mean that I hope that they will disappear from trying to take over western europe and ruin all things here because they are jealous and hate west europe, so they won't get succes with their manipulation and getting power etc..

Pauline, tell me at least one reason why Eastern Europe must love West? Actually all this is called a competition and if YOU loose, blame only yourself.
s.jack   Tue May 15, 2007 7:42 am GMT
Sapienti sat.
s.jack   Tue May 15, 2007 7:50 am GMT
The reason why exyu countries vote for serbia is that all of them have more or less significant serbian minority population, remains of nearly a century of togetherness, in one or another form of Yugoslavia. So this serbs vote for Serbia in same way that turks in Germany etc vote for Turkey. Also serbian music is well known to exyu nations, it appeals to them.
s.jack   Tue May 15, 2007 7:54 am GMT
A serbian saying came across my mind and it goes like this: "Ko gubi, ima pravo da se ljuti."
It means: The looser has the right to be angry. ;)