Slavic languages the most musical in Eurovision

s.jack   Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 am GMT
I have things to do and places to be, so:
Ave forum, ego te salutant!
Pauline   Tue May 15, 2007 10:00 am GMT
>>Pauline, tell me at least one reason why Eastern Europe must love West? Actually all this is called a competition and if YOU loose, blame only yourself.<<

Linguist,

Eastern Europe don't must love western europe!!! I don't like east europe at all especially Yugoslavia, Romania, moldova. If you don't like western europe then leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!! Don't try to manipulate our things and countries.

Since the beginning of Eurovision belgium always loose at the song contest because mostly our songs are very bad. It's not why i'm fed up. I like when the BEST SONG win, *not* one from yugoslavia only because their country voted 6 times when all the other ones (except former USSR- also about 7 countries) voted once.

What is so wrong is the way that the eastern europeans vote nationalistic for themself , For east europeans the music, songs, performance is nothing, it's only a nationalistic, politic power manipulation.

it's evident that for example Denmark's song was *much* better that all those shit eastern ones but they didn't get a place in the final because the east europeans voted for themself. In fact, Yugoslavs, USSR people, Moldova and Romanians don't listen the songs, but immediatly vote for themself. They are evil and want power for controling western europe.

s.jack,

I agree with you what you put why the Yugoslavias (x 6) voted for Serbia (themself, like their capital city)

But, that the looser has the right to be angry I don't agree. a looser can accept to lose but only after the contest has been just, with fair judgement, competition, voteing.

As I've told, my country has winned once only, but it doesn't matter.This year my own country's song was truly rubbish so of course it didn't get a place in the final - this is for me not the reason for complaint. I'm happy when the best song has the 1st place. This is not anymore possible because of the eastern europeans vote system.

Slavic languages were absolutly *NOT* the most musical but the most corrupt, vote for themself, nationalistic, chauvinist and manipulative.

I think that this countries must have had a place at the final:

Denmark, Holland, Switzerland and more, but the eastern people manipluated it so that those better songs have been eliminated.

If the Serbian song was the Danish and vice versa, then Denmark would win and serbia don't get in the final. This is absolutly wrong. If those eastern countries will go away behind their iron curtain I wil be very happy and the song contest can become again a fun thing with voteing for the best song.
Guest   Tue May 15, 2007 11:08 am GMT
In my opinion the situation is becoming dangerous. Italy got away from this stupid Eurovision several years ago. If UK, Germany, Spain and France get away from Eurovision, there won´t be Eurovision in the near future.

These countries (UK, Germany, France and Spain) pay Eurovision and they will never win. Eurovision will finish in the near future.
Loris   Tue May 15, 2007 11:37 am GMT
Eurovision contest had some type of artistic and even political relevance until the early 80's, then it started going down the hole and hasn't stopped until today. It's gone beyond kitsch.
Lingusit   Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 pm GMT
>>Eastern Europe don't must love western europe!!! I don't like east europe at all especially Yugoslavia, Romania, moldova. If you don't like western europe then leave us alone!!!!!!!!!!! Don't try to manipulate our things and countries.

Poor Pauline, you don't know anything about politics, it's WEST who manipulates the whole world and tries to supress countries, the reaction is very soft I'd say, especially from Serbia, people will never apologize West for bombing Kosovo. And don't write so stupid things as "leave us alone", think twice and you'll realize that it's impossible, as it's impossible to make West to refuse from its hegemonious imperialistic politics. Just don't watch TV, life will be much prettier.

>>In fact, Yugoslavs, USSR people, Moldova and Romanians don't listen the songs, but immediatly vote for themself. They are evil and want power for controling western europe.

You'r crazy, people just love their own countries, don't be so stupid jelous. real power can't be get on low level song contest about which noone gives a shit.
Calliope   Tue May 15, 2007 1:11 pm GMT
I am not from an ex-yu country and I loved Serbia's song. My country (Greece) just gave them 4 points too, so none of this "neighbourhood" nonesense.

I did prefer Finland's song, and my favourite was France, until their actual performance on stage, which I found pretty bad; but overall, I don't think this Eurovision had amazing songs.

Pauline, you are from Belgium, right? Belgium has great music usually, but I'll be honest - not this year. Call me an Easterner if you wish - the fact is that the British announcers (I live in the UK) were of the same opinion, and they are definitely not from anywhere East (except East Anglia, perhaps).

Also, the "big" Yugoslavia broke up in 1991, unless I am terribly wrong; same date when USSR split too. But look who has been winning since:
1991 - Sweden
1992 - Ireland
1993 - Ireland
1994 - Ireland
1995 - Norway
1996 - Ireland
1997 - UK
1998 - Israel
1999 - Sweden
2000 - Denmark

Up to this point, only, but only western countries, with Ireland having won 4 almost consecutive years (with the exception of 1995). Not sure if you would classify Israel as Western though, but most people would. Definitely not ex-yu or "Eastern block", in any case.

2001 - Estonia
2002 - Latvia
2003 - Turkey
2004 - Ukraine
2005 - Greece
2006 - Finland*
2007 - Serbia

And yes, the last few years the award moved more to the East (with the exception of Finland, with a song that almost every country voted for, eastern and western alike). Nothing really happened politically though - see those "Eastern Block" countries were already split ten years before an Eastern country ever won. So, you tell me; did they all woke up ten years late and decided to manipulate the contest? Could it possibly be (Oh My God!) that they actually send better songs lately, for some reason? I mean, 17 years since the eastern block fell apart, 11 of which western countries dominated (I'll do you a favour and place Greece as an eastern one).

Another thing. "Serbia won because eastern countries look after their own, yadda yadda". Did you notice how many western countries voted for it? Did you notice how many western countries actually voted for Belgium, or the UK and France with their 19 points, or Ireland with their 5 points? Not many, I suppose. The *west* didn't prefer those songs either. And please do tell, why is Lithuania, an Eastern country, in the lowest 4? I mean, Eastern block and all... so yeah, I insist. Sour grapes.

Oh, and someone was wondering where Italy was; Italy is staying away from the contest ever since 1997 of their own free will, because "Italians are passionate about their many singer-songwriters, cantautori. It's for just this reason that Italy no longer participates every year in the Europe-wide song festival called the Eurovision Song Festival." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

Another little trivia I found out is this: [Italy] is currently considering it [participating again], *as it will automatically qualify for the final, being part of the 'Big 5' along with the current big 4 (Germany, UK, France, Spain)*. Whoa? Five countries don't even risk being left out, by default, no matter how good or bad they are; but hey, they are not eastern block, so that's fine.
Pauline   Tue May 15, 2007 4:11 pm GMT
>>Eurovision will finish in the near future.<<

Guest,

I agree with you : it is ruined because of the eastern countries' voteing.

>>Just don't watch TV, life will be much prettier<<

linguist,

I don't watch much TV, nearly not at all.

>>You'r crazy, people just love their own countries, don't be so stupid jelous. real power can't be get on low level song contest about which noone gives a shit.<<

Linguist,

Why you constantly insult me? Tell me "Shut up", "You're crazy" etc..?

To love your country mustn't have nothing to see with the votes at Eurovsion -it must be voted for the best song!!! This is *exactly* the problem: for eastern countries, the people think they vote for demonstrate that they love their countries!!!! Voteing must be for the MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not jealous. of what would I be jealous?

>>I am not from an ex-yu country and I loved Serbia's song. My country (Greece) just gave them 4 points too, so none of this "neighbourhood" nonesense.<<

calliope,

Greece is an orthodox neighbour of Serbia, but I didn't include it in this comment about eastern european voteing. Also not: Poland, Czech Rep., Hungary. It seems that the greek people will vote for Cyprus and after for their favourite song, this is okay.

>>Belgium has great music usually, but I'll be honest - not this year. Call me an Easterner if you wish - the fact is that the British announcers (I live in the UK) were of the same opinion, and they are definitely not from anywhere East<<

Calliope,

I've written several times that Belgium's song this year was absolutly rubbish. Often the belgian song is bad!! Last year was a very good one, but mostly not. I'm not like those eastern manipulators who vote for their own country despite of a bad song!!!! I can see this subjectively.

>>Also, the "big" Yugoslavia broke up in 1991, unless I am terribly wrong; same date when USSR split too. But look who has been winning since: <<

Calliope,

But Yugoslavia wasn't immediatley divided in so many countries. Just this year Serbia was separated of Montenegro. Only the very recent years it has been a problem. I am born in 1992 and I can remember some Eurovision competitions wiht acceptable voteing.

2001-7 ALL eastern except one, an exceptional occurance when Finland has won.

>>So, you tell me; did they all woke up ten years late and decided to manipulate the contest? Could it possibly be (Oh My God!) that they actually send better songs lately, for some reason? I mean, 17 years since the eastern block fell apart, 11 of which western countries dominated (I'll do you a favour and place Greece as an eastern one). <<

Calliope,

No, they always wanted to manipulate, but only after they've created so many countries for voteing for themself many times is it become possible to get their evil succes.

No, they don't send better songs; their songs are completely noise and shit.

>>Did you notice how many western countries actually voted for Belgium,<<

calliope,

belgium was *not* in the final!!!!!!! How can western countries vote for a country not there?

I wouldn't vote for Belgium this year as the song was very bad and stupid. I would vote for the best song, not be nationalist, chauvenist etc..

>>The *west* didn't prefer those songs either. And please do tell, why is Lithuania, an Eastern country, in the lowest 4? I mean, Eastern block and all... so yeah, I insist. Sour grapes. <<

Calliope,

All the easstern immigrants in the western countries have voted very much to make the western votes to be for their eastern countries i.e. manipulation.

Lithuania isn't one of those manipulators. I've told you them: yugoslavias (x 6) USSR (x 7) Romania, Moldova. Maybe Bulgaria as well but I'm not sure.

It's so boring when you repeat "sour grapes". I don't have / feel this or jealous or somethigns like this at all.

>>Another little trivia I found out is this: [Italy] is currently considering it [participating again], *as it will automatically qualify for the final, being part of the 'Big 5' along with the current big 4 (Germany, UK, France, Spain)*. Whoa? Five countries don't even risk being left out, by default, no matter how good or bad they are; but hey, they are not eastern block, so that's fine.<<

Calliope,

It's not a just thing, that those sponsors directly, automatically go to the final, *but* with the eastern manipulations it is the only possibility for some western countries. Look to the list!!! Only the sponsors, Ireland Finaldn and Sweden were in the final, with hundreds eastern lot of stupid ones. The western countries have founded, created and paid for the Eurovision and the eastern countries have ruined it.
Calliope   Tue May 15, 2007 5:01 pm GMT
Pauline,

Borning or not, it is sour grapes. The former Yu and former USSR countries exist as independant for ages. The fact that Serbia and Montenegro only recently split up would at best add one vote to Serbia. I don't think they won by 12 points.

So, Eastern countries voted for it because it is Eastern, and Western countries voted for it because the huge majority of their population is immigrants. Where exactly do all the Westerners live then? Why did all those immigrants vote for Finland last year and consistently for a western country up to 2000? Where there no immigrants before? I mean, I would imagine there were even more back then, communist states and all... you say it is not sour grapes on your part because you didn't like Belgium's song either, fair enough. What would your favourite one be? I mean, I said already my favourite was Finland, France disappointed me with the performance (still love the song though), and then I was all for Slovenia, Latvia, and Serbia because of the amazing vocals. I hated Bulgaria's song (sorry people), but speaking to people back home, they honestly loved it (and that's people who don't give a shit about manipulating nothing).

This discussion reminds me of many Brits on the BBC forum whining about why their great song was voted down by those vile easterners; well, their song was not good, seeing that they didn't even get low votes by any country at all, other than Ireland and Malta. Okay, the easterners and the immigrants keep the big votes for themselves; what happened to the small ones? You know... 7 and below?

My point is, when you see a song is not even granted those minor, insignificant points, you have to start thinking if something was wrong with the song itself.
Calliope   Tue May 15, 2007 5:04 pm GMT
Speaking of Brits, I found extremely politically incorrect the comment of the British announcer that we should build a wall between Eastern and Western Europe, seeing such a wall was up to very recently a reality, which took a very long time and a lot of fighting and suffering to change in the first place.
Pauline   Tue May 15, 2007 5:33 pm GMT
Calliope,

It is absolutly *not* sour grapes. truly i wish you would stop to keep repeating this incorrect accustaion, it's very annoying.

The most of westerners have given up to vote because they have discovered that there's no point when the eastern europeans will completely manipulate it.

Until 2000 were lesser eastern contestants, so the balance east/west was better. Now it's completely disequilibrated.

My favourite one this year was Germany. i like big band, and I found that he sang nicely, it was a great song and the musicians were good. also the stage was attractive. behind all the eastern contestants they put very many flashing lights and chaotic things so that you will get an headache. I thought that Latvia was good as well. I think that Denmark was one of the best performance and he must have had a place in the final, but he didn't (because of the vote system) .Serbia was also one of the best singer, not my taste of presentation or music, but she had a good voice so I think that it's okay that she was in the 1st place. It's the ones 2-16 who didn't deserve their votes, especially Romania, Moldova , the other yguslavias (x 5) and some others.

I agree with you that the british song was terrible. It was completely stupid, old-fashioned and boring. It didn't deserve some votes at all.

Those small votes from the eastern voters were also for themself because there were very many eastern countries; the top western country was Finland in 17th position!!!

Why the eastern europeans don't admit that they vote nationalsitic and for themself? It's completely evident.

I'm fed up with this discussion because for telling the truth everyone accuse me of sour grapes, shut up, crazy, poor don't know politic etc.... I didn't insult nobody!!!!! It's because the eastern europeans manilupate and those people who are evil manipulators don't like or won't admit the truth.
s.jack   Tue May 15, 2007 6:09 pm GMT
Sour grapes, sour grapes, sour grapes...
Pauline you're constantly telling people that you hate them, that they are evil, that they should dissapear...
You're just full of hate, and you're wrong about almost everything.
I wonder how old are you anyway, probably fourteen.
Calliope   Tue May 15, 2007 6:12 pm GMT
I am also sick of this discussion, because I said all I had to say, and I think the facts are there for everyone to judge anyway; just have to clarify - when I say "sour grapes" I don't necessarily mean you personally - like I said, you admit your country's song was not that good, so that's fair enough.

Oh, and calling people evil manipulators who don't like and won't admit the truth is, in fact, an insult.
Alba   Tue May 15, 2007 6:13 pm GMT
SERBIA STOLE THE SONG FROM ALBANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahhahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn0WAvFh9GQ
YugoPride   Tue May 15, 2007 6:26 pm GMT
@alba ..a neutral view from a Danish "The song is original"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es9N6io3EtY

Who is stealing foreign songs and destroys albanian music?

Here is the truth from albanians..

SKANDAL kenga e vjedhur e Greta Kocit - Kush ka faj nga Aziz

http://www.qeveria.eu
All the Albanian famous singers steal the songs of the others countries, from the Serbs, Greek, Bulgarian, Rumanian and Turkish singers.

They become rich and famous with the job of the others .

Boycotts the thieves and the destroyers of the Albanian music.
GRETA KOCI ben si kengetare por eshte vetem nje Hajdute. Kengen KUSH KA FAJ e ka vjedhur nga kengetari bullgar Azis e Desislava - Znam che boli.
Budallenj jeni ju qe vazhdoni te blini disqet e tyre dhe shkoni ne konceretet e ketyre mashtrueseve dhe shkaterrueseve te muzikes Shqipetare.

BOJKOTONI HAJDUTET.

TUTTI i cantanti famosi albanesi rubano le canzoni degli altri per di pi?, dai serbi, greci, bulgari, rumeni.

Diventano ricchi e famosi con il lavoro degli altri.

Boicotta i ladri e i distruttori della musica albanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVvQccNjEqY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX9rLovgL7U
SKANDAL kenga e vjedhur Genta Ismajli - Unë të dua nga Jovan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdogEnX_UVg

SKANDAL kenga e vjedhur Sinan Hoxha - Më fal nga Aziz SHAME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSQySG_oPwg

SKANDAL kenga e vjedhur Genta Ismajli "Aventure"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDj8m6zNBg

SKANDAL kenga e vjedhur Rozana Radi - Fol zemër fol nga Mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_LpJhXDAiI

Skandal- Rovena Stefa me kengen VJEDHUR "Hej Hej" TURP SHAME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8rB9ghpRGE
YugoPride   Tue May 15, 2007 7:36 pm GMT
@lb@

Yug means SOUTH

YOU albs also USE this slavic word Jug-ut :-)

Enjoy the amazing popopera Slovenian song

"Cvet z juga" Flower of the South ~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-sIcOksE50

That was the best eurovision ever

The Song,the Voice won ...not the image or the legs...

and definitely Slavic languages are musical and wonderful

If Albania wants to win,then she should seriously think to participate
with a slavic song