Future of Spanish in the United States/Some Clarifications

s.jack   Tue May 22, 2007 6:29 pm GMT
Now, I could just stop disliking humans. A great poem indeed!
A salute to thee, unknown hero!
s.jack   Tue May 22, 2007 8:14 pm GMT
Okay, we did that, now what?
Guest   Tue May 22, 2007 11:17 pm GMT
America is obviously afraid of being taken over by Mexicans, otherwise Americans wouldn't be arguing about this.

We're not afraid of Mexico or any other country on the planet.
truly?   Wed May 23, 2007 2:06 pm GMT
Americans afraid of Mexico and Mexicans??? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Yeah, I hear that the Mexicans are heavily armed with spitballs and rubber bands, not to mention severe body odor and bad breath. For the health and welfare of the newly arrived wetbacks, I propose that we introduce these greaseballs to a bar of soap. Something that they've never seen before.

AAHAHAH!!!! Strange!! I heard the same of Americans, with the difference they are also more filthy and obese, ignorant, drunkards, crap-eaters, racists, omophobics, warmongers, violents, arrogants, paranoics, lunatic shooters, xenophobes, imperialists, puritans, false moralists, haters, sexphobiacs, sex-addicted, drug addicted, perverted, abusers, materialist, unscrupulous, religious fundamentalist, etc.
Yes Mexico is sooooo worse than US!!!
Miguel de Cerveza   Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 pm GMT
<<Yes Mexico is sooooo worse than US!!!>> I totally agree with you sir. Mexico is sooooo much worse (just thought I'd correct your poor use of English). But, anyway, it's so nice to know that a spic like you is willing to tell the truth about what a filthy rat hole Mexico is. Thank you for your input.
Guest   Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 pm GMT
What a great answer sir!
If it sufficient to say the use of a language is”poor” just for a mistake of a stupid word, we are still waiting your outstanding abilities in foreign languages. Nonexistent abilities obviously, at least those “spics” can understand a foreign language without problem and writing it, a thing nobody can say about you. So this “third world” is more acculturized than you. Is an hard piece of shit to swallow uh?
If you say Mexico is WORSE than US , you mean US is just little better tha MExico, but still a rathole.
it's so nice to know that a yankee like you is willing to tell the truth about what a filthy rat hole US is. Thanks.
Ah, I forgot: I’m not a “sipc”, but in your psichotic view of the reality you think only South Americans give shit on you, and nobody has understand why so far.
By the way, do you work sometimes or are you always in front of a computer jerking off??
Guest   Wed May 23, 2007 8:31 pm GMT
I like americans, black americans have big dicks!
Guest   Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm GMT
>>Mexico and others around the world blame AMERICA's intervention in everything, because it's always getting involved in other countries politics.<<

What a lame excuse. We get involved in areas that are of interest to us, like many other "powerful" countries do.

>>Like as if the U.S was the dictator of the world, which they can't even keep their own people in line and out of crime.<<

No country can control everyone and keep everyone in line.

>>The U.S is a dump and a trash country where all the rejects (people) of other countries go to make a living and come up in life, meanwhile the rich elite class of America sits back, laughs and relax to their subjects everlasting taunting.<<

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever read on this website. If we were only a country made up of rejects, we wouldn't have become the greatest power in the history of the world so as quickly as we did. People come here because their old countries suck ass and because this country offers far better opportunities to make it in life.
Doroteo Arango Arambula   Thu May 24, 2007 3:36 am GMT
"What a lame excuse. We get involved in areas that are of interest to us, like many other "powerful" countries do."

What would be that? China's seizer on Tibet? Russia's grasp on Chechnya? Come on, give us a break.....American politics goes beyond and even dictates China's and Russia's policies (i.e. Taiwan et al.) AMERICA gets in everybody's face ad nauseam. Seriously, you guy's only hope is Ron Paul or somebody equal to his knowledge.

"No country can control everyone and keep everyone in line."

Hah. The U.S is notorious when it comes to dictating other countries policies / politics ad nauseam.

"That's about the dumbest thing I've ever read on this website. If we were only a country made up of rejects, we wouldn't have become the greatest power in the history of the world so as quickly as we did."

America was founded by Europe's rejects. And later on by other countries rejects or serfs. The only reason why or how you guys become the so-called greatest power up-to-date was solely due to you guys consumption of other people's territory and your righteous reasoning of you guy's country being the best and using that as your mantra. You said, "we wouldn't have become the greatest power in the history of the world so as quickly as we did". So be it, however, as swift as your country came into world domination the SOONER it is sure to fall and crumble.

"People come here because their old countries suck ass and because this country offers far better opportunities to make it in life."

Wow. After 200 hundred years or so (most likely the BLUE states of the U.S). I highly doubt that the RED states of the U.S possesses any brains or knowledge beside their fondness for the bible and good ol`rum.
Guest   Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 am GMT
>>What would be that? China's seizer on Tibet? Russia's grasp on Chechnya? Come on, give us a break.....American politics goes beyond and even dictates China's and Russia's policies (i.e. Taiwan et al.) AMERICA gets in everybody's face ad nauseam. Seriously, you guy's only hope is Ron Paul or somebody equal to his knowledge.<<

Ron Paul would be a good president, if he could keep his temper in check. I don't like our interventionist policies most of the time, however we look after our own interests like everyone else in the world. And on some occasions we do good (like Bosnia).

In the cases of Chechnya and Tibet, I don't see what role, if any, our policies come in to play. We've always traditionally supported democracy around the world, like Taiwan.

>>Hah. The U.S is notorious when it comes to dictating other countries policies / politics ad nauseam.<<

All countries do it. But I guess when you're the most powerful, you get your way most of the time and that's all anyone ever sees.

>>America was founded by Europe's rejects. And later on by other countries rejects or serfs.<<

Actually, the people that came here, did so for religious freedom. They weren't "rejects." And even if they were, not bad for a bunch of rejects, they ended up founding the greatest power the world has ever seen.

Oh, and let me tell you about Albert Einstein, a great AMERICAN, who left Europe. Was he a reject? Depends on your definition. He was one of the greatest scientists that ever lived. Those are the types of people that ended up in America, because their opportunities were better than in the "old country."

>>The only reason why or how you guys become the so-called greatest power up-to-date was solely due to you guys consumption of other people's territory and your righteous reasoning of you guy's country being the best and using that as your mantra.<<

Right, like all of the former "great" powers in Europe didn't try to do the same thing. We just did it better. Stop your whining. Talk about sour grapes!

>>So be it, however, as swift as your country came into world domination the SOONER it is sure to fall and crumble.<<

You and the other haters can only dream that it will happen. And if it does happen, we won't be knocked by any European country. China is the only one who may approach our global hegemony, and that's only because they reproduce like rabbits over there.
Doroteo Arango Arambula   Fri May 25, 2007 3:26 am GMT
">Ron Paul would be a good president, if he could keep his temper in check. I don't like our interventionist policies most of the time, however we look after our own interests like everyone else in the world. And on some occasions we do good (like Bosnia).<"

Ron Paul is you guys only hope or someone with his ideals.

">In the cases of Chechnya and Tibet, I don't see what role, if any, our policies come in to play. We've always traditionally supported democracy around the world, like Taiwan.<"

America's support puppet regimes are always flawed. For example, LOOK at what Adi Amin did in Africa he slaughtered his people like Saddam did. The U.S didn't do absolutely nothing. Why? To keep him there to promote democracy in that particular place. Is democracy that important? If so, is genocide acceptable as being democractic or dictatorial?

">You and the other haters can only dream that it will happen. And if it does happen, we won't be knocked by any European country. China is the only one who may approach our global hegemony, and that's only because they reproduce like rabbits over there.<"

China is on its way towards World domination. 85% or more of products within of America come directly or indirectly from China. China owns you already (financially) and later they'll own you politically and militarily. Word of advice. They're just around the corner.

">Right, like all of the former "great" powers in Europe didn't try to do the same thing. We just did it better. Stop your whining. Talk about sour grapes!<"

America's only power (from the 18th century to the present) has been their military.

">Oh, and let me tell you about Albert Einstein, a great AMERICAN, who left Europe. Was he a reject? Depends on your definition. He was one of the greatest scientists that ever lived. Those are the types of people that ended up in America, because their opportunities were better than in the "old country.<"

He was a German Jew. His greatest invention of E=MC2 which later lead up to the Nuclear Bomb was a world triumph? Hah. He himself said, what have I done? I've made this world deadlier then it already was.

Only in America. LOL.
Guest   Fri May 25, 2007 3:51 am GMT
<<Ron Paul is you guys only hope or someone with his ideals.>>

Only hope for what? He's pretty much unelectable. He's probably the best Republican option, but he won't come close to winning the nomination. There are some very good Democratic nominees such as John Edwards, Barack Obama, and Bill Richardson and a few others.

<<America's support puppet regimes are always flawed. For example, LOOK at what Adi Amin did in Africa he slaughtered his people like Saddam did. The U.S didn't do absolutely nothing. Why? To keep him there to promote democracy in that particular place. Is democracy that important? If so, is genocide acceptable as being democractic or dictatorial?>>

That's a good question. I don't think we've come up with a consistent policy on such matters. Our politicians are hypocrites. That being said, I don't think we're interfering in Tibet or Chechnya. I do know that we support Taiwan, and I'm okay with that because they've got their act together.

<<China is on its way towards World domination. 85% or more of products within of America come directly or indirectly from China. China owns you already (financially) and later they'll own you politically and militarily. Word of advice. They're just around the corner.>>

I think that's wishful thinking on your part. They're in good position to challenge our power, but it's a long way from happening and a lot of things have to go right for them.

<<America's only power (from the 18th century to the present) has been their military.>>

What other types of "power" are there? We have also been an economic power for centuries.

<<He was a German Jew. His greatest invention of E=MC2 which later lead up to the Nuclear Bomb was a world triumph? Hah. He himself said, what have I done? I've made this world deadlier then it already was.

Only in America. LOL.>>

Some idiot said that America only gets Europe's rejects. The point in bringing up Einstein was to show that it's not true, we get a mixed bag of immigrants, including some of Europe's best like Albert. Also, he didn't "invent" E=MC2, he discovered it. It's not his fault that a lot of bad came from it, and as you can see he regretted the implications of his discovery. But he also had a lot of other important discoveries in the world of physics.
Guest   Fri May 25, 2007 12:01 pm GMT
To tell the truth there are rumours with some evidence Einstein stoled the physics studies from another Euroipean scientist
greg   Fri May 25, 2007 11:18 pm GMT
« Guest » : « We're not afraid of Mexico or any other country on the planet. »

Il est vrai qu'Al-Qaïda n'est pas un pays et que Ben Laden n'est pas chef d'État.
Franco   Fri May 25, 2007 11:44 pm GMT
<<To tell the truth there are rumours with some evidence Einstein stoled the physics studies from another Euroipean scientist>>

No I didn't you Moron. Whhy would I need steal other scientists ideas when I am so great myself?