The decline of French

Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:46 pm GMT
<<
There are 63 countries with high human development. 9 of them speak Spanish: Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Cuba, Panama and 12% of USA (Hispanics). They represent 270 million people.

There are only 5 French countries: France, 23% of Canada, 40% of Belgium, 23% of Switzerland and Luxembourg. They represent 76 million people.

In conclusion, Spanish language is more powerful that French in a lot of points (economical power is another one). >>

All these countries are more developed than the spanish speakers countries.

And 2 of them are present in the G8, and Luxembourg is the most developped country of the world.

France is one of the 5 permanent UNO country. France has the 3rd most powerful army (Better entailed than the American army), and the atomic bomb.

And,
French is the international and diplomatic language, sometimes it's even more important than English:
It's the only language of the universal mail organization.
It's one of 2 official languages of the Olympic Games, however it's more important than English: " In case of difference between the English and French texts of the Olympic charter and quite other document emanating from the CIO, the French text prevails, unless it's specifically and clearly indicated in the text. "
French is the language of European justice.
French is one of the 2 working languages of EU, OTAN, UNO (the United Nations and all its agencies), CERN...
One of the official languages of UNESCO (based in Paris), Interpol (based in Lyon), Red cross (in Geneva), African Union, etc...
It is an official language in 41 countries, and Francophonie organisation counts 70 countries.
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:01 pm GMT
There is an interesting comparison in this webpage:

List of countries by Human Development Index

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

It is very interesting the top bottom. These are the ten countries less developed in the world. 7 of them are from French Africa. So, French language represents the poor countries, better than other languages.

167 Democratic Republic of the Congo[4] 0.391
168 Mozambique 0.390
169 Burundi 0.384
170 Ethiopia 0.371
171 Chad 0.368
172 Central African Republic 0.353
173 Guinea-Bissau 0.349
174 Burkina Faso 0.342
175 Mali 0.338
176 Sierra Leone 0.335
177 Niger

There are 63 countries with high human development. 9 of them speak Spanish: Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Cuba, Panama and 12% of USA (Hispanics). They represent 270 million people.

There are only 5 French countries: France, 23% of Canada, 40% of Belgium, 23% of Switzerland and Luxembourg. They represent 76 million people.

In conclusion, Spanish language is more powerful that French in a lot of points (economical power is another one).

French is an important diplomatic language by habit. It has an overstimated status, and everybody want to decrease this status.

French is official in ONLY 28 COUNTRIES, AND ALMOST NO SPOKEN IN 15 OF THEM.

Spanish is also spoken in two important countries: USA (1ST) AND Spain (8th): 85 million people, more than French Canada and France 70 million people.

French is spoken only by 125-130 million people, as total speakers (UNESCO report). Spanish is spoken by 450 million people as total speakers.
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:05 pm GMT
<<

In conclusion, Spanish language is more powerful that French in a lot of points (economical power is another one). >>

All these countries are more developed than the spanish speakers countries.

And 2 of them are present in the G8, and Luxembourg is the most developped country of the world.

France is one of the 5 permanent UNO country. France has the 3rd most powerful army (Better entailed than the American army), and the atomic bomb.

And,
French is the international and diplomatic language, sometimes it's even more important than English:
It's the only language of the universal mail organization.
It's one of 2 official languages of the Olympic Games, however it's more important than English: " In case of difference between the English and French texts of the Olympic charter and quite other document emanating from the CIO, the French text prevails, unless it's specifically and clearly indicated in the text. "
French is the language of European justice.
French is one of the 2 working languages of EU, OTAN, UNO (the United Nations and all its agencies), CERN...
One of the official languages of UNESCO (based in Paris), Interpol (based in Lyon), Red cross (in Geneva), African Union, etc...
It is an official language in 41 countries, and Francophonie organisation counts 70 countries.
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:07 pm GMT
<<French is spoken only by 125-130 million people, as total speakers (UNESCO report). Spanish is spoken by 450 million people as total speakers. >>

Futuristic projections:
In 2050 there will be 500 million native Spanish speakers (without counting the possible 2nd speakers), maybe 2 billion English-speakers, and 600 French-speaking speakers if the tendency " 8,3 million French speakers per years " maintains, but according to the experts this figure could extrapolate from 400 to 900 million French-speaking speakers in 2050, depending several economic and cultural prospects.
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:17 pm GMT
And the Spanish language will be disintegrating into Neo-Spanish languages. THE END of the most hated language in the entire world.
Kawaii   Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:48 pm GMT
I personally do not want to see the decline of French.

French is a beautiful language, a language of culture and science. Even though the importance of France is declining with the rise of other countries, people still need to remember the great contribution that French once brought to the world.

Educated people will always recall some great French such as:
Descartes, Rousseau, Lagrange, and Napoleon.
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 pm GMT
<<You are right. Here in Marseille speak Arabic each other. Sarkozy wants to make Arabic second official language. He said that in other Conference. He was drunkard, but he was also very self-confident.

Allah akbar >>

Strange, strange in Algeria a non-french speaker country they speak commonly French:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvyRKtNXW2o&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzLMwY8DhoQ
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:18 pm GMT
I am a Maghrebian and we love Spain and the other Spanish speaking countries because the dream of many Maghrebian is to convert Spain into a real Francophone country even if they don't convert to Islam' all we wish is to hear the people of Spain speak the French language.

We can only achieve this by migrating in their countries along with the migration to Spain of Francophones from Sub-Saharan Africa.

The Catalonians , Galicians, Spanish Basque, Asturians, Aragonese, and Leonese will also help us achieve this goal because they feel French too. But they become part of Spain by twist of fate.

VIVE L'ESPAGNE FRANCOPHONE!

VIVE AMÉRIQUE HISPANIQUE FRANCOPHONE!
Guest   Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:40 pm GMT
This forum is being plagued with HISPANIC FLIES. Wait till i get my fly swatter and spray them with insecticide.
American Francophile   Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:28 pm GMT
French is going through a lull right now, but it will rise again in importance in the near future I believe, with growing populations and changing politics.

I hate to admit, but I feel like there will be a backlash around the world to English as "lingua franca." There are going to be people who don't like American policies and don't like the idea of English as the only world language, and thus are turned-off to learning English. When they're looking to learn another international language, French will be a natural alternative. This is actually why you see so many Eastern and Central European countries in the La Francophonie, because they want to counteract any potential moves to make English the sole official language of the E.U.
American Pedophile   Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:09 pm GMT
I hate to admit that in all reports French is the looser:

There is an interesting comparison in this webpage:

List of countries by Human Development Index

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

It is very interesting the top bottom. These are the ten countries less developed in the world. 7 of them are from French Africa. So, French language represents the poor countries, better than other languages.

167 Democratic Republic of the Congo[4] 0.391
168 Mozambique 0.390
169 Burundi 0.384
170 Ethiopia 0.371
171 Chad 0.368
172 Central African Republic 0.353
173 Guinea-Bissau 0.349
174 Burkina Faso 0.342
175 Mali 0.338
176 Sierra Leone 0.335
177 Niger

In conclusion, Spanish language is more powerful that French in a lot of points (economical power is another one).

French is an important diplomatic language by habit. It has an overstimated status, and everybody want to decrease this status.

French is official in ONLY 28 COUNTRIES, AND ALMOST NO SPOKEN IN 15 OF THEM.

Spanish is also spoken in two important countries: USA (1ST) AND Spain (8th): 85 million people, more than French Canada and France 70 million people.

French is spoken only by 125-130 million people, as total speakers (UNESCO report). Spanish is spoken by 450 million people as total speakers.
Guest   Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:16 pm GMT
I hate to admit that in all reports L'ESPAGNOL EST PLUS INUTILE DANS LE MONDE ENTIER.

It has only 29 million speakers as a foreign language. English, French, Russian, Arabic, German, and Italian have more speakers as foreign language than Spanish.
American Hispanic Basher   Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:20 pm GMT
I hate to admit that in all reports L'ESPAGNOL EST PLUS INUTILE DANS LE MONDE ENTIER.

It has only 20 million speakers as a foreign language. English, French, Russian, Arabic, German, and Italian have more speakers as foreign language than Spanish.
Guest   Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:28 am GMT
http://louisville.edu/~rkgill01/images/sombrero.JPG

hey Franco!

Eres nudista? Por qué te obstinas a hablar tu lengua de pedófilos?

In Guatemala, we found the statue of the world first pedophile...
See this maniac glance...

http://www.masksoftheworld.com/images/Guatemalan-Spaniard-Mask-2a.jpg

Huga! I am nasty spaniard!
I went in Iraq with Bush, but I have of to remove my troops because I have an shit army!

http://blogs.epi.es/eladarve/files/2006/12/aznar.jpg

<<'taken up the ass'>>

http://www.thewayfarer.info/imagenes/humor.bush-aznar.jpg

Your Aznar likes "group sex" with his pals!
Ron Jeremy   Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:27 am GMT
French is not in the least bit of decline. Vive la France!