Vosotros

Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:55 am GMT
Future: hablaréis*, beberéis*, vivirés*

viviréis
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:58 am GMT
it's bebEd not bebid. Beber belongs to the -er verbs (2nd conjugation).
Güest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:58 pm GMT
<< Creo que debemos crear un nuevo pronombre que se usaría para dirigirse a dos o más personas, en lugar de vosotros y ustedes.

Tús - es muy simple, la forma plural de 'tú', la conjugaciones indicarían de cuántas personas se trata, miren los ejemlos:

tú hablas - 1 persona
tús hablasas - 2 personas
tús hablasasas - 3 personas

etc

no sería necesario tener conjugaciones distintas para más de cinco personas, entonces no hay por qué especificar el número exacto...

¿qué les parece? >>

Then we can just not conjugate the verb at all. Just like in Malay.

So you say:

yo hablar
vos hablar
él hablar (Malay has the same word for ella and él)
nos hablar
ustedes hablar
ellas hablar (Just like in English, no differentiation between ellas and ellos)

You can start speaking like that if you want to! :)
furrykef   Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:25 pm GMT
<< Future: hablaréis*, beberéis*, vivirés*

viviréis >>

That was just a typo. Thanks, though.

<< it's bebEd not bebid. Beber belongs to the -er verbs (2nd conjugation). >>

Yes, I meant to make that correction, but somehow I didn't. "Bebid" was my initial guess and I did check and saw it was "bebed". I guess I remembered to put the asterisk but not make the actual correction.

- Kef
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:01 pm GMT
Spanish verbs are so hard compared to the English ones! I'm not a Spanish Speaker though
furrykef   Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:26 pm GMT
<< I'm not a Spanish Speaker though >>

Well, that's why you think they're hard. ;)
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:06 pm GMT
English verbs are not that easy. What about phrasal verbs?
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:13 pm GMT
I took 2 years of Spanish in college recently (past 2 years) and we learned the vosotros forms in detail, even using it in class conversational drills and scenarios.

I live in the United States. My profesora learned Spanish in Spain as a child, but she too was American.
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:19 pm GMT
Vosotros is such a rare word. Vos and otros. Isn't it?
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:58 pm GMT
"Spanish verbs are so hard compared to the English ones! I'm not a Spanish Speaker though"

In my view, every grammar aspect is harder in Spanish than in English:
articles, personal pronouns, adjectives, and especially verbs! Perhaps plurals are easier in Spanish than in English
guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:04 pm GMT
<<Perhaps plurals are easier in Spanish than in English >>

Yes, and singular possessive forms (whether to take -'s or -').

Contractions (I'm, He's, would've, won't, etc)

And irregular--especially strong--verbs.
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 pm GMT
And irregular--especially strong--verbs.

There are many irregular verbs in Spanish as well. As for English verbs I'd say phrasal verbs
Travis   Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:27 pm GMT
>>There are many irregular verbs in Spanish as well. As for English verbs I'd say phrasal verbs<<

I would be inclined to agree here. Irregular verb conjugation patterns can be memorized by rote, and once memorized one really does not have to think much about them. On the other hand, English phrasal verb usage is often quite arbitrary and subtle in reality. Making things even harder, phrasal verbs are very productive in English and thus cannot simply be memorized as if they were fixed independent words either.
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:49 pm GMT
Spanish is a different language then English- for crying out loud. So don't try to trivialize Spanish as so, Americans are so lucky they don't have to learn baltic tongues, as they are knowned to be intricated in grammar & structure.

>>>>>>>>

<< Creo que debemos crear un nuevo pronombre que se usaría para dirigirse a dos o más personas, en lugar de vosotros y ustedes.

Tús - es muy simple, la forma plural de 'tú', la conjugaciones indicarían de cuántas personas se trata, miren los ejemlos:

tú hablas - 1 persona
tús hablasas - 2 personas
tús hablasasas - 3 personas

etc

no sería necesario tener conjugaciones distintas para más de cinco personas, entonces no hay por qué especificar el número exacto...

¿qué les parece? >>

Then we can just not conjugate the verb at all. Just like in Malay.

So you say:

yo hablar
vos hablar
él hablar (Malay has the same word for ella and él)
nos hablar
ustedes hablar
ellas hablar (Just like in English, no differentiation between ellas and ellos)

You can start speaking like that if you want to! :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Baloney. Even though we ALREADY know it's from Franco il troll du merde.
Guest   Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:18 pm GMT
From a morphological point of view, English verbs are a piece of cake, you have to memorize just one or two forms for each verb. They're probably the easiest amongst the European languages, apart from Danish or Swedish verbs, which are even easier. On the other hand, English tenses and phrasal verbs are rather complex, but in my view, they're not as complicated as romance languages verbal systems.