Friends sitcom

Chantal   Tuesday, June 10, 2003, 19:44 GMT
Well, I see them in Boston. I don't remember the channels but they show them several times a day. And yes, they are relatively old. The Nanny is very popular in France. It's been shown several times.
Jim   Tuesday, June 10, 2003, 23:51 GMT
Sure, there are plenty of shows that I'd describe without using the word "stupid". Chantal mentioned one: "The Nanny".

I find "The Nanny" to be one of the most unbearable shows on TV. I just can't stand the nasal whine of Fren. If ever I see the show, I have to change the channel immediately, so I couldn't judge how stupid it is.

I suppose you're right, Fisher, that their immature behaviour the primary comedy the series. The only thing is that, at least for me, it's just not funny.

I don't think that sitcoms necessarily have to have a simplistic plot line. Nor does a simplistic plot line necessitate the immaturaty of the characters.

If it looks like I find no American sitcom worth watching, then I've given you the wrong impression. A couple that I like are Seinfeild and the Simpsons.
BenIII   Wednesday, June 11, 2003, 01:31 GMT
Clark -

"The Nanny" comes on Lifetime, as does "Golden Girls".
Chantal   Wednesday, June 11, 2003, 10:48 GMT
"The little house in the prairie" is hugely popular in France.
thomas   Sunday, June 15, 2003, 01:36 GMT
French are absorbing more and more American sitcoms and movies.
Kabam   Sunday, June 15, 2003, 09:28 GMT
I wouldn't say "more and more". There's a lot of American sitcoms and movies on French tely, you're right (about 50% of the schedule). But this has been so for years, and the rate of American programmes is not increasing. It's fixed.
tulip   Sunday, June 15, 2003, 17:07 GMT
I know there is a strict kind of quota on English music in France. Like, local radios can't broadcast more than a certain pecentage of English songs. Is there any quota on the American movies ? It seems, there is none.
Kabam   Sunday, June 15, 2003, 17:29 GMT
No, you're right, there is none.
scottish   Friday, June 20, 2003, 09:26 GMT
hahahahahahahahaha, the little house on the prarie!!!!hahahah lol
shana   Friday, June 20, 2003, 19:52 GMT
There's nothing wrong with "the little house on the prarie".
I like it too.
silk   Friday, June 20, 2003, 23:46 GMT
I like "the little house on the prarie". I grew up with it.
Clark   Saturday, June 21, 2003, 00:17 GMT
I watched a couple of episodes, but I did not fancy them too much because I had read ALL of the books when I was little. I read Farmer Boy three times ! I even read Little House on the Rocky Ledge or something like that, and it was not about Laura growing up, but about Almano and Laura's daughter Rose (I think that was her name).
ats   Saturday, June 21, 2003, 00:27 GMT
I like third rock from the sun
Suzanne   Saturday, June 21, 2003, 11:40 GMT
I like 'the Nanny'. She is dumb, though.
Does she use a New Yourker Jewish accent ?
Suzanne   Sunday, June 22, 2003, 01:30 GMT
I know 'friends' are quite popular in France. Are they popular in US and UK too ?