Learning the American accent

?   Thursday, October 02, 2003, 17:37 GMT
Anti-Amerimoon:

What exactly motivates you to upset random Americans?
Jay   Thursday, October 02, 2003, 18:08 GMT
Do you know it's actually pretty hard to immigrate to Canada, especially if one does not have a lot of $$ and/or an advanced degree.
Fly   Thursday, October 02, 2003, 18:19 GMT
Jay, really? For Hong Kong people, Canada is one of the easiest countries to immigrate to. That's also the reason why in Vancouver and Toronto, there is a huge Hong Kong population there.
A.S.C.M.   Thursday, October 02, 2003, 23:55 GMT
Canada's also one of the easiest countries for mainland Chinese to immigrate to. I have three friends in school from China who came to the U.S. after first immigrating to Canada. All of them are naturalised Canadian citizens even though they barely lived there for the duration of time sufficient to get a green card in the U.S.!
Ryan   Friday, October 03, 2003, 03:22 GMT
Re: Ryan, my boy, maybe my aim is to upset sensitive Americans the likes of you...

If you think Americans are upset about what a bunch of tea-drinking unemployed losers on the dole across the Atlantic think about the most economically powerful country in the world, then you are obviously quite delusional.

Ryan
A.S.C.M.   Friday, October 03, 2003, 05:40 GMT
Britons:
Tea drinking? Aye, but that's a good thing.
Unemployed? 7%, not really so high.
On the dole? 10%, not so high either.
Losers? Definitely NOT!

Anti-Amerimoon, this particular Briton:
Loser? AYE, definitely!

Ryan, you're stereotyping, eh? Why don't you try some hot tea? You'll probably enjoy it just like I do.
Clark   Friday, October 03, 2003, 06:08 GMT
Come on Ryan, don't generalize too much there; after all, you are part British. And every country faces the same problems as you mentioned.

And to tell you the truth, I would not mind having a visit to England right now as I have really been missing the mother country for the last month or two. The smells, sights, weather; I really miss England.
mjd   Friday, October 03, 2003, 06:23 GMT
The problem with these message boards is that people are set off easily and then can get very emotional. When someone shows themself to be a rude or ignorant prick, they should definitely be exposed as one. The best way to do so is to utilize reason and afterwards, one can generally pick apart their argument with very little trouble. Further generalizations only compound the problem and puts one on a similar level to that of the original rude prick.
Jim   Friday, October 03, 2003, 06:27 GMT
I'm no expert on world weather but, Clark, you live in California and you miss English weather ... you were being sarcastic I guess.
Boy   Friday, October 03, 2003, 06:38 GMT
Jim, That point I was also thinking. I guess CA has a sunny weather and london has a rainy weather. I hear that people feel so much happy when the sun appears in london.
Anti-AmeriMoon   Friday, October 03, 2003, 09:45 GMT
>>What exactly motivates you to upset random Americans?<<

My dear "?", I obviously choose not my preys randomly.

Judge by yourself:

>>If you think Americans are upset about what a bunch of tea-drinking unemployed losers on the dole across the Atlantic think about the most economically powerful country in the world, then you are obviously quite delusional.<<

Funny how my provocative hook generally plants in the mouth of arrogant, jingoistic, ethnocentric American fishes. As you can see, my little "?", Headstander the likes of mjd don't get caught. Interesting experience, isn't it?
Ryan, you're a good catch, really. You can't imagine how much I enjoy making a fool of you.
Arthur   Friday, October 03, 2003, 13:51 GMT
Isn't this forum about Learning American Accent?? I mean What the "#%"# is going on here? yuk
...   Friday, October 03, 2003, 16:12 GMT
What's going on is that Anti-Amerimoon is having a reactionary jingoistic hissy fit, which makes him guilty of behaving in the same way that he criticizes others for exhibiting. I think that he should get his favorite track suit on and get out of that council flat while he still has a few hours of daylight left.
Ryan   Friday, October 03, 2003, 16:32 GMT
re: Funny how my provocative hook generally plants in the mouth of arrogant, jingoistic, ethnocentric American fishes. As you can see, my little "?", Headstander the likes of mjd don't get caught. Interesting experience, isn't it?
Ryan, you're a good catch, really. You can't imagine how much I enjoy making a fool of you.

And you can't imagine how much I enjoy insulting a prejudiced ignoramus like you, so I guess we'll be going on like this for a while.

Ryan
mjd   Friday, October 03, 2003, 17:37 GMT
Anti-AmeriMoon,

So I guess it's a compliment that I "don't get caught?"