Please check the correctness of my letter (a native american).

A.S.C.M.   Thursday, October 30, 2003, 03:30 GMT
I just noticed that I have an unconscious habit of veering off towards the subject of education. I started comparing American and British education in the Trademarks thread and just now, I tried to edify you on the Baccalaureate in a proofreading thread.

Sorry if this peculiar tendency of mine puts you off.
Jim   Thursday, October 30, 2003, 04:25 GMT
Not at all, there is a thread or two running at the moment that could use a change of topic. As for that word, I suppose they should know it then.
Boy   Thursday, October 30, 2003, 09:49 GMT
<<I'm tis ... if you can guess what I mean.>>

If you had written your age in hindhi/urdu, I'd have known it easily otherwise I had no clue from the word 'tis'. :-)
Jim   Friday, October 31, 2003, 04:00 GMT
Then you can guess it easily.
Boy   Friday, October 31, 2003, 11:45 GMT
Yep. Thanks for telling your age. In my view, Tis or Batis are the appropriate ages for marriage esp for men. I hope you've been a dad or about to be. By the way, Batis are two numbers up.
Bastige   Friday, October 31, 2003, 23:50 GMT
Boy, why do you hope Jim has "been a dad or about to be"? Not everybody cares to have children, especially at an age so young.
Rugger   Saturday, November 01, 2003, 13:07 GMT
A.S.C.M, many schools in Melbourne now offer the IB to year 12 students who may wish to apply to international universities. I thought about doing IB instead of VCE but part of the IB assesment included certain hours of community service and co-curricular activities which I didn't want to take on (I had to drop my own extra-curricular activities like hockey during year 11 and 12 in order to cope with the demands of VCE!). I think IB suits those students that can juggle the standard hectic pace of final year exam preparation along with co-curricular activities.

I found the following information on IB in Australian schools:

The IB is highly regarded by universities in over 100 countries (including all Australian tertiary institutions) and taught in more than 900 schools including over 40 Australian senior secondary colleges.

IB students will be interested in:
- A curriculum recognised worldwide for both depth and breadth of academic studies.
- Gaining an international perspective.
- Actively participating in both curricular and co-curricular activities.

All students studying for the IB diploma will:
- Study six subjects, normally over a period of two years, including: English (or in some cases the student's native language); a second language; mathematics; a humanities subject and a science subject. Three subjects are taken at Higher Level, providing depth and challenge. The other three subjects are taken at Standard Level, for balance and breadth.
- Sit external exams in November of Year 12 – by negotiation, some students may 'anticipate' a subject, taking the final exam at the end of Year 11.

What are the 'compulsory components' of the IB?
- In addition to the six academic subjects, all IB students will:
Study the Theory of Knowledge, a course which assists students to improve their thinking abilities and to link together their academic subjects in investigating the nature of knowing.
- Write an Extended Essay of 4000 words in a topic chosen from one of their subject areas, learning the skills of individual research and preparing the students for university study. A supervising teacher acts as mentor to assist with the task.
- Participate in Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) to widen their horizons and learn to co-operate with others, whilst engaging in a variety of activities which are creative, promote individual fitness and assist others in the community.

The achievement of IB students in Victoria is compared against their VCE counterparts by their performance on the GAT (which all Year 12 students sit in June). A conversion scale is then created which guarantees any IB student achieving 45 points, the maximum possible ENTER.
A.S.C.M.   Saturday, November 01, 2003, 21:45 GMT
Thanks for the information, Rugger.

Righty, Jim, now you know more than enough about the IB, eh?
Milip Phetzler   Saturday, November 01, 2003, 23:58 GMT
Please check the nativeness of my letter (a correct American)
Mitip Phelzer   Sunday, November 02, 2003, 00:02 GMT
Please check the nativeness of my American (a correct letter)
Mitiz Phelper   Sunday, November 02, 2003, 00:04 GMT
Please check the letter of my American (a correct nativeness)
Mitizer Phelp   Sunday, November 02, 2003, 00:07 GMT
Please check the Americanism of my letter (a correct nativeness)
Mitelp Phizer   Sunday, November 02, 2003, 00:10 GMT
Please Americanise the letter of my correctness (a native check)
Miizer Phtelp   Sunday, November 02, 2003, 00:13 GMT
Please letterise the Americanism of my nativeness (a checked correctness)
Zermii Elppht   Sunday, November 02, 2003, 00:17 GMT
Please correct the checkness of my Americanisation (a letterised nativeness)