Differences between American & British English

Simon   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 12:28 GMT
Yes, "Marlon". Sorry I haven't replied yet - I wanted to send you a card back. As you see, I'm on Antimoon, so I'm having a hard time keeping up my resolution but at least I'm not on Europa... I found a picture of me when I was five and have asked Das Behälter to put it on his site.

Take care, "Marlon".
Marlon Brando   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 12:43 GMT
I just want to do the same. But I'm not sure, cuz for my personal security. Simon, send me your picture instead of card, pls.
Simon   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 12:57 GMT
Ok, but it looks nothing like me now. If you know me, you can recognise me, just about. That's why I'm not worried about my security because it looks very little like me. It was 1979. Hold on...
Cricket   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 12:58 GMT
When I say that I pronounce data as "dar-ta", the "dar" is pronounced like the Irish word da for dad. The Aussie accent tends not to roll the "r" in words (eg. water is pronounced something like "watha"), so maybe I should have written it as "dah-ta" or simply "da-ta" which is different from the American "dat-ta" and British "day-ta".
Marlon Brando   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 13:00 GMT
Thank you, Simon...
Will you back to Europa?
Simon   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 13:10 GMT
You're Aussie? Ah, that explains it. I thought you were one of us.

Marlon: Maybe. I wish I'd really got to know some of you people on there instead of writing/posting stupid things.
Nora   Thursday, May 15, 2003, 13:33 GMT
Thank you, Simon. I just received your picture. Come to visit me in Bulgaria. :)
Keep English British, Canadian, African   Tuesday, May 20, 2003, 18:59 GMT
The differences between British English and Unitedstatish English:

1/ British English has a literature whereas Unitedstatish English hasn't

2/ British English sounds as a human language - Unitedstatish English sounds like it were utterred by a gross-nosed pig

3/ British English is spoken by interesting people - Unitedstatish English is barked by undecent monkeys

4/ British English has spread all over the world - Unitedstatish English is not even the official language of the US where at least 30% of the people do speak Spanish

5/ British English is the language of the Brits - Unitedstatish English is the language of the Unitedstatish

6/ Winston Churchill spoke British English - Georgette Bushette can't actually even speak Unitedstatish English

7/ British English is a true creation of the peoples of the British Isles - Unitedstatish English is an import

8/ Drop the copy (Unitedstatish English) for the original (British English)

9/ The world likes the music of British English - the world gets sick whenever it's starting to hear the whiny grunt of Unitedstatish English

10/ Ask each & every Earthling on the planet & then you get a fair idea about how disgusting is the sound (not the voice) of Unitedstatish English to the ears of all civilisations.
hp20   Tuesday, May 20, 2003, 19:05 GMT
those were extremely intelligent and profound arguments. thank you so much for opening my eyes.
mjd   Tuesday, May 20, 2003, 19:12 GMT
I think this forum is starting to go downhill again.
hp20   Tuesday, May 20, 2003, 19:21 GMT
yeah, it sure is.
Clark   Tuesday, May 20, 2003, 20:03 GMT
Well, there is always hope. This forum is really cool.

By the way, the post about keeping English British, Canadian, etc, I never thought about that. I never realized that when I speak, I grunt. What about you guys, mjd and hp20?
to Clark, mjd & hp20   Tuesday, May 20, 2003, 22:36 GMT
Thank you for distinctively contributing to showing how dull-minded, unimaginative, non-creative & (above all) farcical, ridiculous Unitedstatish can be.

I never ever dreamt of such a blatant examplification.

Again thanx very much indeed.
hp20   Wednesday, May 21, 2003, 01:22 GMT
gee, clark and mjd, he sure pegged us down pretty good. we really need to work harder at arguing inane topics with total strangers, otherwise what good are we after all?
Clark   Wednesday, May 21, 2003, 03:35 GMT
Grunt, grunt grunt grunt-grunt! ("My thoughts exactly!" in Unitedstatish)