marmalade / jam

Jim   Wednesday, February 04, 2004, 00:07 GMT
Jam is not the same as jelly but it all depends on where you're from. What the Americans call "jello" I call "jelly" but whenever I've made it I've used jelly crystals not juice.
Khatiya   Saturday, February 07, 2004, 21:36 GMT
Jell-o is the name of a brand that makes jelly. The proper UK word for jelly is gelatin, which is also sometimes used in the US. Jam and jelly/gelatin are two different things.
Alice   Sunday, February 08, 2004, 16:08 GMT
In the US, "Jell-o" is the brand name for what we'd call gelatin. "Jelly" is what we call a certain kind of fruit spread, similar to Jam but for the fact that is is devoid of fruit pieces.
Jim   Monday, February 09, 2004, 07:10 GMT
Well that clears things up. I don't think that you can get what you'd call "jelly" in America in Australia. I don't know why you'd want it, sounds like the poor cousin of jam.