Learning French with French Movies -need help for finding texts

nic   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 11:27 GMT
Ricky,

So do all the Americans think about money and not about pleasure in their life? Some people enjoy learning Spanish or French or german and do not think especially they will have more money because they do it.

The problem is not knowing if French is useless or not, for business it is of course, but there is not only business to see in the world. Don’t you think?

Culture is not especially = to war. Here in France there are many differnet people like bretons, alsaciens, basques, provençaux, bourguignons, auvergnats, savoyards, vendéens, normands, flammands, gascons, catalans, languedociens, béarnais and others and they don't do war against each others. Do spanish catalans have a war against Castillans? Do french belgians have a war aginst flammish belgians? Do french for Swiss ahve a war aginst germans or italians from Swiss?
Your point of view is funny.
nic   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 11:47 GMT
phil,

Where are you from?

Can you find some DVDs in your country with french translations?

In France, we usually have dvds with english, german, dutch, spanish, italian, portuguese..... translations.
...   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 12:49 GMT
In America you are "self minded" and not "open minded", that is the problem. Of course, you have your vision of the world and we have to respect it, but please understand that the world, or most part of the world, do not share your opinion.
You want only one culture, one language? I guess you probably meant you want the world to speak English and to live in your way of life. That is the reason why we (I) think you are a bit provokating.
...   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 12:52 GMT
"you are a bit provocative" is better.
nic   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 13:26 GMT

May be he's not provocative, i ahve the answer. He's never been out of his country. He ignores the fact some people are different. He is just ignorant.

Provocators know in their mind what is good or bad, they just want to provocate people. In the Rick's case, he seems to be sincere. Bad very bad for the rest of the world.......
mjd   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 17:14 GMT
I don't believe Ricy is American, you guys. Notice these sentences:

"and we american have also good poets that everybody can read since they are written in english."

"nic, i'm not provokating, i AM open-minded and i try to understand you"

....Doesn't seem like a native speaker to me. I think he's just pulling your chain and you're falling for it.

Ricky,

I suggest you work on your English before you pretend to speak for the U.S.
mjd   Tuesday, May 18, 2004, 19:23 GMT
*Ricky

BTW, Ricky....if you can find an English dictionary that contains the word "provokating," I'd be very impressed.
ricky   Wednesday, May 19, 2004, 09:42 GMT
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you won, i'm not us, i'm from Uzbekistan
nic   Wednesday, May 19, 2004, 09:43 GMT
I am not an english native speaker, i noticed "provokating" was a funny word, but i can't judge if the guy is or not american.

Here's one of the famous faker!
ricky   Wednesday, May 19, 2004, 11:07 GMT
hey i was faked!
nic   Wednesday, May 19, 2004, 11:27 GMT
welcome to the club, don't worry, you are not the 1st and the only one to be faked.
Phil   Thursday, May 20, 2004, 01:35 GMT
Hi nic,
I'm from Turkey. Actually I'm not looking for movies with french translations but for french movies with french subtitles and I have found some. Currently I have ordered only one movie since I want to see if one can learn a language by watching a single movie. Certainly translations might work as well as the originally french but there is an important difference for me. I like french movies. Considering that I plan to watch the same movie as many times as needed this little difference could be important.
This strategy might look like a bit unrealistic but I have used a smillar way for learning english by reading almost only Sherlock Holmes stories. I think the traditional ways are not so suitable especially when there are not many people to communicate in that language you are learning.