Wallonia must be part of FRANCE

Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 21:51 GMT
Not everybody in Belgium hates Belgium... There are people nicknamed the "belgicains" (pro-belgium) especially in the francophone regions (mainly in Bruxelles)
Fredrik from Norway   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 21:54 GMT
But if there was a plebiscite. What would be the result, do you think?
Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 21:54 GMT
Luxembourg is very rich and much smaller in size than belgium...that could explain a lot of things...
Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 21:57 GMT
In Flanders, I'm sure that the results would be in favour of scission.
In Wallonia, it's much harder to say...Actually, It would depend on the flemish results... So eventually, it would be yes too (lol)
Tiffany   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 21:57 GMT
Lord, just split already before you give yourselves bigger headaches! This conflict does not seem to have a solution other than the extreme.
Tiffany   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 21:59 GMT
"scission" Do you mean secession, Pierre? I don't see why Wallonia wouldn't be in favor of it either if the Walloons on this site are indicative of the rest of the population.
Fredrik from Norway   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:00 GMT
Well, Belgium is also very small, compared to other countries. For example you drive in from Netherlands, stop for a pee and the next time you have to pee you are in France!
Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:03 GMT
You know, A lot of walloons are afraid of the future (because they are mixed-up by flanders). They don't really dare to make up their mind about the idea of scission. They don't know if France would accept the annexion etc... (but I'm quite sure France would...it was a promise from DE GAULLE)
You understand now???
Fredrik from Norway   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:04 GMT
I have heard that the army and the king are the only common institusions. (What language does the army use?) And the military academy is the only common university? And you have NO common newspapers or TV stations?

If true, just split.
Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:05 GMT
Tiffany,
Sorry "scission" is the french for "split". I thought it was the same word in english.
Fredrik from Norway   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:06 GMT
How bad is the unemployment in Wallonie? Have you developed any new industries since the coal industry ended?
Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:11 GMT
Yes, we do everything separately: Newspapers, Tv, Sport federations, political parties...etc.
Fredrik from Norway   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:14 GMT
Do Flemish football teams play against Walloon ones? Sounds like an invitation to a civil war....
Pierre Caroit   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:16 GMT
In Wallonia the unemployment concern 18% of the population (too much!!)
In Flanders, 8,5%.

We have been suffering from the industrial crisis like many others regions in Europe (lorraine in France, Sarre in Germany etc...)
Fredrik from Norway   Wednesday, January 19, 2005, 22:20 GMT
Sounds like there should be more Nazi potential in Wallonie than in Flanders! You Walloons can pride yourself on that, then.