Wallonia must be part of FRANCE!

Sander   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 16:06 GMT
Its time for another block buster! And next to 'what do you know about the Dutch' and the current hit 'the Afrikaner language thread this was the most succesfull forum ever to be seen on Antimoon!(and its still playing)

But!since this was a rather political topic,there have to me a few changes...

I see belgium as an example that 2 languages can really revoke eachother but can't go without eachother.
This topic can house things like:
-minority languages
-language battles
-germanic vs romance
-dutch/french
-flemish-walloon
-the title
-etc.

So lets get started!

(Louvain-la-neuve) January 11, 2005

Hi all.
I'm from Belgium......No actually I am from Wallonia (that's to say southern Belgium). Belgium is a country divided into 2 main linguistic communities:
- the Flemish in the north who speak a Dutch dialect
- the Walloon in the south who speak French (and actually who are French)

All along the 20Th century, the Flemish tried to separate from us because they don't like our French culture (and also because they have been prevented from speaking Flemish because it was bad-regarded in the 19 th century), and now the Flemish fascist party (the Vlaams belang) is becoming the first party in Flanders (many of its historical leaders are former nazis...)

Therefore, as a Walloon, I consider myself as a French person. My mother tongue is French and my "cultural homeland" is France.
Belgium is nothing but a mistake in the history created by diplomatic powers such as Great Britain and Germany in 1830.
Anyways, in 20 years Belgium will be dead. So I think Wallonia will have to be annexed by France, because we are French!!!

next messages:

(Jean-Pierre)

Don't you have a wee bit of dignity ? Wallon is a very old dialect of french , you might even call it a regional language ( I presume you don't even speak this dialect ). It's people like you that bring your fellow-wallons down ! I love our flemish neighbours and I think we did some nasty things to them in the past :
- We didn't allow Flemish to be an official language of Belgium
- We started moving up the language-frontier and now almost 80 % of Brussels is wallon ( while it was and should be a flemish city )
- We use A LOT more money than the Flemish . We wallons have a total number of 3000 000 people and the Flemish 6000 000

So what you're saying is neither true or fair !
Mathijs   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 16:16 GMT
Wallonia is highly unemployed ( NOT ATTRACTIVE FOR FRANCE )... yet still , there's plenty of work ,curious ain't it ? Well , southerners are known to be rather lazy ( I don't speak for all Walloons ! )
Sander   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 16:22 GMT
hehehe...I knew this would interest you.
Tiffany   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 16:41 GMT
Oh lord, I remember this thread. ::smiles weakly::
Mathijs   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 17:41 GMT
Whaaaaaat ? :p I didn't revive this thread ...
Vytenis   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 17:43 GMT
When was Belgium created? Well anyway, at that time nobody cared about vernacular languages. There was no such thing as linguistic nationalism back then. It all started to appear only in the late XIXth century.
Adam   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 18:00 GMT
Why don't you see what the Walloons say? I'm sure most of the Walloons would prefer to be an independent nation rather than as a part of France.

And if France does get Wallonia, then Britain will reunify with the Republic of Ireland.
Thomas   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 18:21 GMT
That's where you are wrong, as a wallonian i would like to be french, i feel closer to french from the north than flemmish. I am sure the flemmish feel closer to dutch than french. We all have an interest which is different and could be better for all of us.

Adam, why do you speak about things you don't know
JJM   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 18:38 GMT
A very, very boring thread.
Mathijs   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 18:54 GMT
I don't feel like discussing this subject again ;
Sander   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:16 GMT
Why not ,it would be agreat way to get rid of all the frustrations...
Adam the vicious   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:29 GMT
Sander,

Your mother is soooo gooooooood
Bernard   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:31 GMT
" And if France does get Wallonia, then Britain will reunify with the Republic of Ireland. "

Don't worry Adam, We have no intention to integrate Wallonie into France. We consider Belgium to be a foreign country even if we speak the same language. I think the same xay German don't want to integrate Austria.
Sander   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:36 GMT
=>We consider Belgium to be a foreign country even if we speak the same language.<=

Bernard,you dont speak the same language.Belgium isnt a full francophone country (dutch outnumbers french by 3 million...)
France   Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 20:46 GMT
And I asuming the Flemish joins the Netherlands? While the walloon join France?