why american breakfast?

Jack   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:13 GMT
lol I didn't mean that a typical American breakfast is Mc Donalds but probably the nearest thing I had to some American for breakfast.

The basic English fry up contains eggs, bacon, blood sauages, tomatoes and onion. Basically its all grilled in the cooker. Well thats our obesity problem too many fry ups lol. :)
Jack   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:14 GMT
* .... the nearest thing I had for breakfast that was American....
Sorry for the bad grammar.
.   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:16 GMT
I'm hungry now!
Travis   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:17 GMT
It's been quite a while since I've eaten anything from McD's myself; it must've been like a year or so ago, and then it was just picking something up on my way home from work in the morning (I worked third shift then) because I was too lazy to go cut 'n microwave myself a bagel for whatever reason. That aside, I very rarely get anything from McDs myself. Anyways, I'm not sure where people get the idea that food here in the US is generally the stuff that they sell there.
Kirk   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:18 GMT
<<The basic English fry up contains eggs, bacon, blood sauages, tomatoes and onion. Basically its all grilled in the cooker. Well thats our obesity problem too many fry ups lol. :)>>

Haha, sounds good. Except for the blood sausage part (I'm not a big fan of those), sounds tasty.
Jack   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:20 GMT
I actually dislike the bagels sold in England like the ones in Mc Donalds (I don't even know if they are meant to like the real ones you have in the US) they are tasteless and chewy abit too different from the English muffin and scones.
Jack   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:22 GMT
Kirk have you tried English blood sausages? They are the best but no match for the German ones. Only on special occasions we would have a fry up with the German sausages but hey I still love my fry ups no matter what. hehe
Bob   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:33 GMT
So what is the American Breakfast, anyway? What's in it?
Kazoo   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:34 GMT
A big breakfast in Canada would be eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown, toast with jam or butter, orange juice and coffee or tea.
Joel   Monday, May 30, 2005, 06:44 GMT
A big breakie in New Zealand would be eggs, bacon,pancakes with kiwifruit, sausage, bread with vegemite, milk and coffee.

Strange most countries breakies would have eggs and bacon as the base of their breakfast. Wheres the cererals?
Frances   Monday, May 30, 2005, 07:02 GMT
I have cereal religiously, but we're roughly the same of of the world, Joel.
Kirk   Monday, May 30, 2005, 07:08 GMT
<<I actually dislike the bagels sold in England like the ones in Mc Donalds (I don't even know if they are meant to like the real ones you have in the US) they are tasteless and chewy abit too different from the English muffin and scones.>>

McDonald's does not know what a bagel is, unless they've changed them. Good bagels have fresh, flavorful dough and, when toasted, have a golden crispy top surface allowing you to spread butter, honey, jam, or cream cheese on top. The best places to get them here are bakeries (especially Jewish bakeries) or specialty shops specializing in bagels (we have several chains here, like Einstein Brothers or Bruegger's Bagels).

I do like a good English muffin, tho. When done right the little nooks and crannies fill up with sweet butter and honey. Do you eat scones for breakfast? When I've had them they've always been for dessert with ice cream or coffee.

<<Kirk have you tried English blood sausages? They are the best but no match for the German ones. Only on special occasions we would have a fry up with the German sausages but hey I still love my fry ups no matter what. hehe>>

I haven't tried either German or English blood sausage, but if presented with them I'd probably at least give 'em a try. I had blood sausages a few times in Argentina (they're called "morcilla" there) and decided they weren't for me :)
Jack   Monday, May 30, 2005, 07:16 GMT
Kirk I should try a real bagel from the US. I heard that New York is the Bagel capital of the World. LOL I decided to have a 'to do' list when I visit the US starting with:

1) Have a REAL BAGEL with Kirk
2) Do a English fry up for Kirk
3) - The list is still in progess so probably can give me more ideas :)
Jack   Monday, May 30, 2005, 07:18 GMT
<Do you eat scones for breakfast? When I've had them they've always been for dessert with ice cream or coffee.>

English scones for dessert? You kidding right?
American obesity   Monday, May 30, 2005, 07:24 GMT
I wonder if Mc Donalds in England have Scones as part of their breakfast menu.