What to you call marijuana in your country

Chong   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:19 GMT
We say weed, pot or bud here mostly.
Travios   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:27 GMT
Primarily "pot" or "weed" here in southeastern Wisconsin.
Travis   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:28 GMT
That should've been "Travis" above.

Das hätte "Travis" oben sein sollen.
Bob   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:33 GMT
grass, Mary Jane, wacky tobacky, dope, reefer, tea, ganja.
hush   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:41 GMT
it's one of the 8th ponders of the world....
...   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:47 GMT
Travis you keep making ridiculous spelling mistakes...(Travos,Travios) .Can't you spell your name properly ?

You either have ADHD (hyperactivity disorder) or a " Latino syndrome"
greg   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:48 GMT
The soap-like stuff from Morocco : shit, teuch, hachich, chichon.

The plant : marie-jeanne, herbe, beu.

The cigarette : pétard, bedo, pécos, cône, joint.
Frances   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:51 GMT
Same as Travis and Bob (for Australia) but also I heard of left-handed tabacco.
greg   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:56 GMT
Two more. The cigarette : oinj (verlan). The plant : marijuana.
Brennus   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:58 GMT
It makes no difference what you call it, in most countries you'll get 20 years hard time, maybe even the death penalty if you are caught with it. The U.S. and Canada are isolated exceptions.
Travis   Monday, June 06, 2005, 05:58 GMT
"...", haven't you noticed that the characters "i" and "o" are right next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard? It's quite easy to accidentally miss one key, and hit another, or hit both keys simultaneously, due to such. And anyways, why does this matter to you?
Travis   Monday, June 06, 2005, 06:01 GMT
Brennus, I assume you're not referring to most of western Europe there, and by the way, why does that such may be "most countries" matter here anyways?
Frances   Monday, June 06, 2005, 06:07 GMT
Not here Brennus, easy time really especially in South Australia. The only way you'd probably get imprisonment is by sale but not simply possession.
Chong   Monday, June 06, 2005, 06:18 GMT
"It makes no difference what you call it, in most countries you'll get 20 years hard time, maybe even the death penalty if you are caught with it. The U.S. and Canada are isolated exceptions."

These are probably the same countries where it's legal to beat your wife and children, free press is non existant and minimum wage is the lowest denomination of currency.
Cheech   Monday, June 06, 2005, 06:32 GMT
"It makes no difference what you call it, in most countries you'll get 20 years hard time, maybe even the death penalty if you are caught with it. The U.S. and Canada are isolated exceptions."

I don't know about most countries. But in Western countries, the punishments are not serious for users or petty dealers; those punishments only apply to big time dealers. The dealth penalty or long imprisonment for maijuana is something you hear about in developing countries.