Languages in the EU

Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:57 am GMT
Now, do you think the Chinese will kill all the Westerners, or will they allow them to live provided they are submissive? Or will they be forced to become slaves? Will knowing Chinese help?
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:25 am GMT
<<Now, do you think the Chinese will kill all the Westerners,>>

Time will tell
mac   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:17 am GMT
<< a result of political correctness. >>

I agree this is a problem.

<< Russia+Europe+Japan+US+India+MiddleEast >>

It would be impossible for any single country to conquer the entire world, even China.

<< I sure wouldn't want to be a young person in the West today. >>

I wouldn't go so far as to say that though.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 am GMT
Everyone in the EU should just learn English and stop pretending the other languages matter in today's world. Furthermore, if I'm in Europe, and I speak to you in English, and you know the language but ignore me, you'll lose my business. People who pretend to not know English and remain bitter about the fact that English is taking over in the world, are going to fall behind here real soon.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:12 am GMT
China must convert to Islam and start the Yihad.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:22 am GMT
Western Europe will convert to Islam sooner. Starting with France.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:55 am GMT
<<Western Europe will convert to Islam sooner. Starting with France. >>

I wonder if conversion to Islam will end up saving the West? It would certainly put an end to this politically-correct, left-leaning moral vacuum that exists now. Perhaps it could restore the West's self-confidence so that it could defend itself against China a couple of decades from now?
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:59 am GMT
China will convert to Christianism and accept the truth spread by our beloved lord Jesus Christ .Then China will help the Westerners to defeat the evil muslims and peace will shine over the entire world. Amen.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am GMT
People are silly when they talk of take overs etc now in the 21st century. They don't see that the final balance of power has already been reached. It will stay this way , more or less (not necesarily on the nation scale but the region scale) and any dramatic shift is ruled out by the Fury Of Nuclear Decimation!
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:02 pm GMT
<<They don't see that the final balance of power has already been reached.>>

Nothing stays forever.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:25 pm GMT
<< Western Europe will convert to Islam sooner. Starting with France. >>

The Middle East will embrace Judeo-Christian belief and preach the Gospel starting with Saudi Arabia.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:29 pm GMT
<<People are silly when they talk of take overs etc now in the 21st century.>>

I suspect China will use some novel strategy that takes us all by surprise. There's been rumors of Chinese labs worknig on "designer germs" that only attack non-Chinese. If they secretly unleashed one of those and all the people with European ancestry just started dying of some incurable new mystery disease, we wouldn't even know what hit us.
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 pm GMT
Some people care too much about China.
Even if "some" migrate, Chinese people are busy worrying about their own internal problems.

Germs that only attack non-Chinese people... yeah... because Chinese people have genes or something that no one else on the world has...
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:41 pm GMT
<<Germs that only attack non-Chinese people... yeah... because Chinese people have genes or something that no one else on the world has... >>

Simplified example: I suppose these "germs" (probably viruses) could be engineered to function only if genes for blue eyes were present in the cells. Otherwise, the viruses would jsut deactivate themselves. Presumably, genetic engineering is not yet this advanced, but who knows what might be possible some years or decades from now.

If you're young and are looking for a field with a bright future, perhaps biological weapons design might be just the ticket.

Has this thread drifted off topic a bit? :)
Guest   Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:56 pm GMT
What about green-eyed people? Would they become monsters? Green-eyed monsters? Lol.