Languages in the EU

JLK   Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:50 am GMT
These chinaphiles make me laugh. Come back to reality now. Just be grateful that the USA has allowed China to exist considering it's aggressive behavior. American patience won't last much longer.
K. T.   Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:59 am GMT
"I was forced to go to religion class at school, you could opt out but it was a difficult process and not worth the trouble. Illegal to work on Easter Sunday. Missionaries"

I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't have to go to a religion class in the States. Did you grow up in Germany or somewhere in Africa? Some missionaries have good hearts. I don't know what kind of missionaries you mean. It's easy to stereotype people. I kind of admire Albert Schweitzer, the Alsatian musician, doctor and missionary.

I'm not sure that moderation is the answer either. I don't translate those moderation quotes by greg because I don't think moderation or 'something in the middle' is the answer. I have my own brand of moderation, but moderation will not please everyone. It's too far left for some and too far right for others.
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 am GMT
<<Once robotic pleasure machines become possible we won't need women at all! We can just grow uteri in tanks for making babies. Yippie!>>

Women aren't just incubators, you fool.
Besides, who wants a robot when you can have the real thing?
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:21 am GMT
Because the real thing a' bitches who don' let me give 'em one on the fore'ead.

Plus, women take up vital resources better saved for men.
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 am GMT
Grain for beer?
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 am GMT
<<Once robotic pleasure machines become possible we won't need women at all! We can just grow uteri in tanks for making babies. Yippie!>>

Good for you! You just buy for yourself a robotic pleasure machine. More women for me.

FREAK!
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:00 am GMT
While you're off trying to understand women I will be taking over the world and the robotic pleasure machines will wipe out women, and you. And I will paint myself Asian, sell my pleasure machines to the Chinese and become the Chinese leader and then China will take control of the world. It will be easy to distract world leaders and armies by sending hordes of robotic pleasure machines to whisk them into ecstasy such that they wont mind captivity. Then the world will be populated by Chinese men , me and robotic pleasure machines.
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:07 am GMT
"While you're off trying to understand women... I will paint myself Asian."

I admit that this is pretty funny-not wiping out women of course, but the whole concept.
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 am GMT
<<Then the world will be populated by Chinese men , me and robotic pleasure machines.>>

And then you will decide to put an end to your boring life.
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:58 am GMT
>> <<Chinese doesn't have to attack and conquer, all they have to do is abolish one child policy and in less than 50 years whole world will be populated with Chinese and Chinese only. >>

Once China has the capability to expand its empire without endangering itself, perhaps they'll revert to the "five sons" policy. Miodern technology allows for reduced daughter production :), so you could then produce hundreds of millions of "bare branches" and build an invincible ground army. <<

Oh common. In a few years the number of Indians will overtake that of China and it's proven that the Yellow people are more likely to be absorbed by the Hindu people than the other way around. In other words it's far more likely for the Chinese to be Indianized than Indians to be turned into Chinese. Try creating a settlement with equal number of Hindi speakers and Mandarin speakers and within a short time the Mandarin language will be wiped out.
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:58 am GMT
Try creating a settlement with equal numbers of Chinese, Indians and Americans. LOL
Guest   Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:42 pm GMT
India and China have too many inherent problems right now to be competing with the US for superpower status. Maybe in the future, because they have potential, but it's an uphill battle at the moment.

The reality is that the United States is still the world's sole superpower and we can throw our weight around when we need to. We have our own issues with which to contend, but they pale in comparison to other countries.
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:08 am GMT
"India and China have too many inherent problems right now to be competing with the US for superpower status"
they don't have to compete, all they have to do is produce PEOPLE and export them to the west lol
Guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:23 am GMT
<<they don't have to compete, all they have to do is produce PEOPLE and export them to the west lol>>

Where they become Americanized. We take their best and brightest.
Beowulf   Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:12 am GMT
<< Where they become Americanized. We take their best and brightest. >>

Ah! Good point. This situation is called the "Brain Drain". Many of these people are not exported, but they choose to come to the US for better opportunity than in their home country.