Iberian Romance 'languages'.

Guest   Sun May 11, 2008 2:14 pm GMT
Do you refer to French Catalonia and French Basque country?
Guest   Sun May 11, 2008 5:14 pm GMT
freedom for french basque country and catalunya nord in france

freedom for corsia, occitania, Brittany in france too

and new caledonia !!!
Guest   Sun May 11, 2008 5:26 pm GMT
France is one of the few European countries which still have colonies like that portion of territory in South America. They say that it's a part of France like any other but it's a far away colony really.
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 am GMT
Freedom for Manchester!
zatsu   Mon May 12, 2008 3:42 am GMT
<<Zatsu-san: Thanks for the explanation. I also thought that "estipado" was a mistake.
I just remembered that the Portuguese orthography was unified to all Portuguese speaking countries but personally I think the Brazilian government should make sure ALL have access to education and write properly before they try to write like all Portuguese speakers... >>

Yeah, but it was not just that one... For instance, garoto is a popular drink in the North of the country, but not everywhere... it still means boy, just like in Brazil!
Actually many people in Portugal are not very happy with the orthography thing, so it may not occur after all... There are just too many exceptions to be explained.
But then again, people would already learn the new version, is worse for the ones who already learned and are used to it. What's the impact of the agreement in Brazilian Portuguese?
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 6:42 am GMT
<< France is one of the few European countries which still have colonies like that portion of territory in South America. They say that it's a part of France like any other but it's a far away colony really. >>

Spain has no colony to boast and they lost them more than a century ago because Spain could not sustain them and even give them basic educational needs that's the hispanic fanatic are so envious of France possesions.
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 6:44 am GMT
Freedom for the Incas, Nahuatl Amerindians, Quiche speakers, Quechuans, and Ayamrans. They are in majority in Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Mexico, and Guatemala.
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 7:39 am GMT
Freedom for prisoners!
Guest   Mon May 12, 2008 12:10 pm GMT
<< Spain has no colony to boast and they lost them more than a century ago because Spain could not sustain them and even give them basic educational needs that's the hispanic fanatic are so envious of France possesions. >>

What educational needs gave France to the Haitians, fucking frog? They didn't care about colonized peoples. The Haitians are so poor that have to migrate even to Cuba. France is an imperialistic wannabe country.
Guest   Sat May 17, 2008 4:05 pm GMT
"Thank you guys for the lecture on Galician, which is indeed the origin of Portuguese, which I didn't know."
And you keep not knowing much. Galician-Portuguese is the origin of Portuguese.
Guest   Sat May 17, 2008 4:10 pm GMT
Associação espanhola defende idioma "galego-português"
[...]
"Não temos nenhum problema que a língua galega se chame português", assegurou Alexandre Banhos Campo, da AGAL, em declarações à Lusa, alertando que "o português da Galícia está numa situação muito difícil".
[...]

Os dados estatísticos que citou indicam que "90% dos galegos, com mais de 65 anos, falam português da Galícia, mas essa porcentagem é muito reduzida entre os que têm menos de 20 anos".
[...]
Nesse contexto, revelou que "a Galícia está cheia de pessoas que perderam os seus postos de trabalho por dizerem que a sua língua é o português".

"Na Galícia é proibido receber as televisões portuguesas, o que, além de dever preocupar as autoridades portugueses, vai contra o que aprovou por unanimidade o parlamento galego", afirmou.

http://noticias.uol.com.br/ultnot/lusa/2008/05/14/ult611u77897.jhtm
Guest   Sat May 17, 2008 4:18 pm GMT
Another proof that demonstrates that Galician is the same as Portuguese, despite people like Zatsu deny it. I fact European Portuguese and Brazilians stem from venerable Galician and are close enough to it to be considered the same language.
J.C.   Sat May 17, 2008 6:20 pm GMT
"But then again, people would already learn the new version, is worse for the ones who already learned and are used to it. What's the impact of the agreement in Brazilian Portuguese?"
zatsuさん:Man, this is a tricky question, specially for someone who's away from Brazil for 10 years. If you have an orkut account there are some communities debating that and it seems Brazilians are angry about it because many people think it's an unnecessary reform. Personally I intend to keep on writing in the same way. I guess it's gonna be like that crazy German orthography reform...People just keep on writing like before...
zatsu   Sun May 18, 2008 12:26 am GMT
<<Another proof that demonstrates that Galician is the same as Portuguese, despite people like Zatsu deny it. I fact European Portuguese and Brazilians stem from venerable Galician and are close enough to it to be considered the same language.>>

I'm sure you believe that, but actually what you THINK it demonstrates doesn't matter a bit.
In fact, if you read carefully, it states Galician are the ones saying they speak Portuguese, not the other way around.

<<Personally I intend to keep on writing in the same way. I guess it's gonna be like that crazy German orthography reform...People just keep on writing like before...>>

Yeah, you're probably right.
I intend to do the same also because, aparently, many of these changes are opcional and will only leave people more confused.
J.C. さん, thanks for your imput^^ not an easy question indeed