Which language is more important, French or Spanish?

Benjamin   Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:09 am GMT
Oui, bien sûr. Mais je pensais qu'il serait plus facile de convincre Chinese que l'Espagne et le Portugal sont développés et occidentaux au lieu des pays du tiers monde.
Chinese   Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:33 am GMT
Benjamin
<<Spain and Portugal most certainly do not constitute the 'third world'; they are developed Western countries.>>

Really? Spain and Portugal belong to the parts of POOR and DEVELOPING countries within the Europe, and in Latin America, Spanish and Portuguese are NOT spoken there??? Latin America is very POOR and laggard, it's unquestionably true!
Chinese   Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:35 am GMT
JR
<<(Their usage being replaced by English)>>

It's only your own opinion!
rajdip   Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:11 am GMT
well i think french is better
rajdip   Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:13 am GMT
is really spanish have more power compare to french in usa?
CHINESE   Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:02 am GMT

You ought to shut up with your extremely incorrect opinions!

Hongkong, Taiwan, Macau, Tibet, all belong to China's territory!

What does "invade" mean in your mind? I would like to tell you that.

Spain invaded most of the countries except Brasil, in Latin America!

And Portugal invaded Brasil and some small coutries in the world!

As for China, we just have to take back Taiwan province pacifically!

And please remember, Tibet people has led a much better life since China's Army abolished Tibet slavery system. You could ask Tibet people about what I said, they would tell you the world-shaking great new start which China's Army brought them. Tibet was just liberated by China's government!

GUEST, if you still think I'm a big liar, you can do research on China's history! But don't get the wrong information from Taiwan wild men!
Benjamin   Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:58 am GMT
« Really? Spain and Portugal belong to the parts of POOR and DEVELOPING countries within the Europe »

You're about 40 years behind the times. If you want to talk about 'poor and developing' European countries, you might want to think about places like Bosnia-Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia etc.

I can accept that Portugal is the poorest country in Western Europe, but even then, it's still wealthier than just about every country in Eastern Europe. And as for Spain, well, it's not really very different from Britain, France, Germany etc. in terms of its wealth these days.

And yes, I know that Spanish and Portuguese are spoken in Latin America, and I know that some (but not all) Latin American countries can be considered fairly poor (compared to Western Europe). But the same can be said about some English and French speaking countries in Africa and the Caribbean.
H.r   Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:34 am GMT
« Really? Spain and Portugal belong to the parts of POOR and DEVELOPING countries within the Europe »

What do YOU know? I've lived in Ireland, England and Spain and I can tell you that Spain is defintely not a poor country, it may not be as important within Europe as other countries, but it's not poor, developing or the third world at all. In fact France and Spain are very similar.You're, as Benjamin very well said, 40 years behind. Next time, think and get your facts right before you post such nonsense.
Gringo   Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:14 pm GMT
CHINESE Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:38 am GMT

««Spanish and Portuguese are absolutely both the third world's languages! »»

The oficial language of Macao, in China, is Portuguese and Chinese!

The Latin American countries have a much higher per capita income than the Chinese, so what is your reference for poor?

Equatorial Guinea, that was a colony of Spain, has the second highest per capita income in the world.

CHINESE Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:02 am GMT
««And Portugal invaded Brasil and some small coutries in the world!»

How could Portugal invade Brazil? Portugal made Brazil, there was not a country there, just jungle!

Macao, that today belongs to China, was a Portuguese colony because the Emperor of China, Chi-Tsung, offered it to the Portuguese in 1557 as a reward for the Portuguese clearing the waters from pirates and making it safe for Chinese people to navigate.

Portugal had no more than one and a half milion Portuguese people to a maximum of two milion people at that time, your notion of “Invasion” is a silly one.
Kendra   Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:21 pm GMT
''I can accept that Portugal is the poorest country in Western Europe, but even then, it's still wealthier than just about every country in Eastern Europe'''

not true, little Slovenia is wealthier than Portugal
Kendra   Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:23 pm GMT
''How could Portugal invade Brazil? Portugal made Brazil, there was not a country there, just jungle!''

Portuguese killed Tupy-people, real Brazilians.
Today, Brazilians call themselves TUPINIQUINS (meaning Sons of Tupy).
Benjamin   Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:15 pm GMT
« not true, little Slovenia is wealthier than Portugal »

Correct, which is why I said 'just about every country', instead of 'every country'.
Gringo   Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:14 pm GMT
Kendra Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:23 pm GMT

««Portuguese killed Tupy-people, real Brazilians.
Today, Brazilians call themselves TUPINIQUINS (meaning Sons of Tupy).»»

And today Brazilians are taking very good care of the Tupi people. LOL

Oh, you mean there are no more Tupi-people and the Brazilians are the sons of the Tupi. LOL

Kendra is a Tupiniquin the cacique of a Tupi tribe. LOL
Are you a comedian?

««little Slovenia is wealthier than Portugal»»

Try also to compare the income per capita of little Slovenia with that of big Brazil.
bernard   Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:13 pm GMT
" Really? Spain and Portugal belong to the parts of POOR and DEVELOPING countries within the Europe "

Je pense que beaucoup de gens n'ont pas conscience que l'Espagne est devenue une économie prospère de nos jours. Le souvenir de l'état de son économie à l'époque franquiste et l'idée répendue que la situation économique de l'Espagne serait comparable aux économies d'Amérique Latine soutiennent l'image d'une Espagne tires-mondiste.
Le réalité est tout autre. Ce pays est la 8ème économie mondiale, pour un pays de 40 millions d'habitants seulement, ce qui revient à un niveau de vie tout a fait comparable à ceux de la France, l'Italie ou la Grande Bretagne.
scot   Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:33 pm GMT
Dutch is the most beautiful language in the world, certainly the most complicated.