Is French on the decline

Paul   Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:57 pm GMT
Julien:

<<we want it to be learn in others countries>>

Why should it be?

<<Is it a crime ?>>

Its arrogant, to think french is that important.
Julien   Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm GMT
"Why should it be? "

why not? after all, it's just a language.

"Its arrogant, to think french is that important."

No, certaintly not, that's just show we love our language and we want to share it with people who want, and many want, maybe not you, but I don't care. Why are others languages not the right to exist ? we're free, if we want to share our language, it's our right, and nobody has the right to say it's arrogant. That's just stupid, and just show immaturity, jealousy and fear!
Why are you so scared about french language ?
freedom fries   Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:32 pm GMT
Shut up, frog. French is insignificant . Kiss America's fat ass.
Julien   Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:56 pm GMT
"Shut up, frog. French is insignificant . Kiss America's fat ass. "

But why I waste my precious time with this shit debate for puceau (virgin)?
Just say what you want, we will never stop to spread the french language, and if you dislike it, bien, it make us happy. More you hate it, more we do it.

Aurevoir.
Paul   Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 am GMT
<< why not?>>

Why do you think french is so relevant, that it needs to spread beyond the borders of France? Why do people from other cultures need to learn French?

<<after all, it's just a language. >>

We agree, and following this logic, it is not more important than any other language. French people, and their international organizations grasping on straws in a desperate attempt to save their language around the world, need to realize this.

<<Why are others languages not the right to exist ? we're free, if we want to share our language, it's our right>>

Sure it has a right to exist, IN FRANCE - not everywhere else where it doesn't belong. If french is falling out of use around the world in favor of indigenous languages, then so be it; it should be let to die.

The French, more than most other Europeans, believe they are the center of civilization, and have a history of imposing their language on other people- not "sharing". This is due entirely to arrogance and cultural imperialism.
CANadian   Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:22 am GMT
Paul... who the hell do you think you are, and why are you so vitriolic?

First of all, French is not being shoved down people's throats... it's there for anyone to learn, if they don't like to learn it, so be it... nobody is holding a knife to their necks.

Nobody said French is more important than other languages, that's just something you pulled out of your ass... don't try to sound so victimized and innocent, you're not fooling anyone.

<< The French, more than most other Europeans, believe they are the center of civilization, and have a history of imposing their language on other people- not "sharing". This is due entirely to arrogance and cultural imperialism. >>

You know what, you're an idiot just like thousands of others, you're so common and ubiquitous.

The fact is that such feeling doesn't exist, it's just a myth spread out by insecure and Francophobic Anglophones like yourself. Francophones are no more arrogant than Anglophones.

Anglophones are the ones who show up here in this forum and have the audacity to ask everybody to speak English in a non-English thread. That's what the "English" section is for, if you're too stupid to understand another language then get your dumb ass to that forum.

It's best to ignore you... all you do is bring down the intellectual level of this forum so that it's just as low as you are... you're but a sumbag.
fraz   Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 am GMT
Didn't the French ruthlessly suppress minority languages in their own country?
rep   Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:43 am GMT
Briton language in Brittany,German language (or dialect) in Alsace and Lorraine,Dutch language (or dialect) in France Flanders,Catalan language in Roussillon,Occitan language in Occitania and Provence are dying,because language policy in France is assimilation.
Léa   Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:11 pm GMT
De toute façon, la plupart d'entre eux sont cons alors laisse-les parler, ils n'ont aucun pouvoir, ils ont qu'a haïr notre langue, tans pis pour eux, ils ratent quelques choses, ils sont juste jaloux, ils nous accusent d'être arrogant et impérialistes et d'imposer notre langue au autres! Nous?, je rêve, c'est les anglophones (particulièrement des états unis) qui sont impérialistes qui imposent l'anglais à tout le monde, pas l'inverse, et quand d'autres langues essaient de se propager, comme des enfants de 3 ans 1/2, ils se plaignent et nous accusent d'arrogance! Regardez vous d'abord!!
Ca ne prouve qu'une chose :JALOUSIE et PEUR.
Quelle manque de confiance en soi!
C'est pathétique.
Moi je suis toujours heureuse d'apprendre l'espagnol, l'allemand, le chinois et même le néerlandais ou le flamand (je suis belge) je ne vais pas les critiquer ou leur dire qu'ils sont arrogants parce qu'ils m'apprennent leur langues.
Les anglophones de naissances qui se plaignent ici ne sont que des hypocrites, jaloux et immatures.
Qu'ils aillent se faire mettre.
Clara   Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:15 pm GMT
Didn't the French ruthlessly suppress minority languages in their own country?

Oh, and you the "anglo-saxons"?

and England ? what about gaélic, scots, welsh, cornish ...?

and American native language? do you know it? do you know the Maoris'language perhaps ? Or the language of African countries who were colonised by UK ?

You accuse the french, but look at you before!
Oberon   Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm GMT
I am French and you say you hate French.
You say you hate French, and I am French.
You say you hate me, but you don't know me.
You don't know me, but you know the French because you hate them.
You know I'm French, you don't know me.
You know me, as I'm French.
You hate me, as you hate French.
You hate me, and I don't even know you.

I know I'm right, because I know it
I know it, but I was wrong, now I'm right
Again, I was wrong, but now I'm right
I still change, but I'm still right

You are wrong, I'm right
I'm right, and you are wrong
Your right, I'm wrong
Because we are all right
We all know it
Today I'm right
But tomorrow I will say I was wrong today
But what if no one is right?
What if there is no one right?
What if to be right is just an illusion?

When I was a kid I was an idiot
I could have believe anything
When I was a teen I was an idiot
When I was an adult I was an idiot
When I was alive I was an idiot
fraz   Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:04 pm GMT
Even now, the French still refuse to support Breton and Basque within their own country. Corse and Provencal were forced into extinction in years gone by.

A truly tyrannical nation when it comes to languages.
CANadian   Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:15 pm GMT
USA is not better.
dazs   Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:00 pm GMT
Espero que mueran todos los franceses. Que sufran muchísimo antes de sucumbir.
madrid   Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:26 am GMT
Espero que mueran todos los franceses. Que sufran muchísimo antes de sucumbir.

Qué edad tienes? Doce? Si eres mayor ya no hay esperanzas....