FRom what ITALIAN reggione is this...?

Rolando   Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:00 am GMT
I came upon a movie trailer called "The Horsemen" with is an english film. but the trailer is in Italian, I know that there are alot of Italian dialects and different types of Italian langauges, but the funny thing is that I cant understand what they are saying, Spanish being my native toung... Here is the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2rESxcOavs

Thanks in advance!
Post your topic   Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:02 am GMT
That's standard Italian.

>>funny thing is that I cant understand what they are saying, Spanish being my native toung...<<

Funny thing indeed.
Alessandro   Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:13 am GMT
Standard Italian.

Regione, not "Reggione".
Caspian   Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:37 pm GMT
Sounds like ordinary Italian to me. I can understand.

Although your native language, Spanish, and this language, Italian, are similiar in that they're both Romance languages, they're still very different languages, and a lot of the time not mutually intelligible.

I'm sure you can understand Portuguese with fewer problems though.
Guest   Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:45 pm GMT
My native tongue is Spanish too and I can understand a few things: jinetes del apocalissi y blablabla.
K. T.   Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:10 pm GMT
Maybe the background noises were too loud. I think that you probably could pick out words like "aiuto" (help) and other cognates if it were a little slower and less frantic.

I don't know your background, but maybe you just need a little more exposure to Italian. If you speak Spanish and you study Italian, I don't think it would take you more than a year to learn it to a conversational level, but this would depend on your interest, materials, and time.
Milton   Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:03 am GMT
It's standard (Tuscan/Rome based) Italian. Maybe you find open and closed vowels of that variaty a bit tricky. Standard SPanish has only 5 vowels: a, e, i, o, u. Standard Tuscan-Rome based Italian (two one used on RAI tv/radio, and in the dubbing industry) has 7 vowels: a,i, u, open e (è), closed e (é), open o (è), closed o (ó): so VENTI with open e [E] means winds, and VENTI with the closed e [e] means twenty; CORSO with the open first E means Corsican, while CORSO with the closed first O means course.

In some regions people have heavy accent, for example Romagna, and they neglect these important features of Italian, for example the accent of Laura Pausini is very non-standard, Romagnolo, and I don't recommend it for anyone trying to learn the standard (Florence/Rome) variety. Try Giorgia, Syria, Gianna Nannini, or even Eros instead.

As for acting, Monica Bellucci has a sweet standard accent (she is from Umbria, central Italy, which is very slose to standard accent). Standard Italian is based on central dialects (Tuscan, Umbrian and Marche) but over centuries has spread even to Rome and replaced the romanesco dialect which is today spoken only my marginals and old people in Rome, most young people speak Standard Italian today (which is so unlike in North and South where dialects are still alive and people there have dialectal-colored pronunciation even when (try to) speak the standard variaty)
raposa   Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:48 pm GMT
beautiful Italian standard
Rolando   Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:30 am GMT
TO: Post your topic

Go Fvck yourself... ;-)
volpe   Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:04 am GMT
Mutual intelligibility between Italian and Spanish is a myth. Portuguese and Spanish are much more similar from many points of view: grammar, vocabolary, idioms. Phonetics, on the contrary, is quite different
Rolando   Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:00 am GMT
Ur right Volpe
Michel Platini   Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:39 pm GMT
"Mutual intelligibility between Italian and Spanish is a myth. Portuguese and Spanish are much more similar from many points of view: grammar, vocabolary, idioms. Phonetics, on the contrary, is quite different"

True. Excepting phonetics, the more similar language to Italian is French.
Johnny   Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:11 am GMT
It's "accentless Italian" used in dubbed movies. Black people, Asian people, all people who have distinctive accents in the original movie lose their accents and after the dubbing have that plain Italian accent. It's a shame. Only in the Simpsons the dubbing is great: they actually added more regional accents in some cases.
guapo   Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:20 am GMT
"that plain Italian accent"

This Italian is not plain it sounds simply beautiful to me
bofonchione   Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:19 pm GMT
Tantissimi auguri a tutti coloro che capiscono l'italiano! Buon 2009, che possiate ottenere tutto ciò che desiderate.