The Celts in Great Britain: the first genocide in History?

Tazzler   Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:34 am GMT
Unfortunately, we can't really apply our beliefs to their actions. Human life was not valued the way we do until relatively recently. If such murders were completely approved of back then, then it's hard to criticize them.
Ataecina   Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 pm GMT
Dear Guest:
Haplotype r1b is related to basques and Irish.
Germanic haplotypes are others: I1 and I2b.
Guest   Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:23 pm GMT
Basques are not Celts (not even the Irish). The Celts came from East France and Western Germany ( see la Tène culture).
volpe   Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:50 pm GMT
This topic is completely stupid
Ataecina   Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:56 pm GMT
Basques are basques; celts are celts (the tribes or combination that the Romans came to call "Celts") but they both share the same ancestors:

The haplotype r1b is the most frequent in Western Europe, specially in Atlantic Europe: Iberia (Spain and Portugal), the British Isles and Ireland, Holland, Belgium and France, and also some Italians, specially in the North. The Basques have 88 per cent of r1b and The Irish have 81!!! The carriers of R1b are believed to be the descendants of the first modern humans who entered Europe about 35,000-40,000 years ago ( Aurignacian culture).

Those R1b forebearers were the people who painted the beautiful art in the caves in Spain and France. They were the contemporaries (and perhaps exterminators) of the European Neanderthals. It was the R1b haplotype inhabitants of Western Europe whose Neolithic ancestors built the many stone monuments still found in Western Europe today. The people we know as the Basques and Celts.
All the people that have an R1b haplotype can trace their line back until those first ancestors and are genetically related.

NOW, counting that the British isles and Ireland have the highest rate of r1b, where is the genocide?
Ataecina   Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm GMT
Let's not compare oppression with genocide. And I am not nor English neither Irish.. so I am somewhat objective.
Royman   Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:19 pm GMT
The r1b carriers were not the Celts.
They were the pre-Celtic, Neolithic people of Ireland.
Read any history book about Ireland and it will tell you that the vast majority of modern Irish descend from these pre-Celts.
Van Basten   Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm GMT
The English actually look like swarthy dwarves compared to the Dutch.
Guest   Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:05 pm GMT
English people always seemed to me the least ugly Germanic people. Now I understand, that's so because they are mixed with the Celts. Dutch and Germans are so pale and unhealthy that they resemble phantoms or something.Aside from that women have moustache and are excessively tall. There is nothing sexier than a reasonably tanned English woman with blond hair.
guarro   Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:51 pm GMT
Dutch and German men are cool I'd love to have sex with them.....phome me
a latin guy :-)
No no no   Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm GMT
Dutch and German men have small dicks.
Gwendolyne   Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:00 pm GMT
You are a dirty faggot. I will phone a Nazi German and tell him to treat you as you deserve.
Cicero   Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:34 pm GMT
Ataecina Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:56 pm GMT
""""""""""
It was the R1b haplotype inhabitants of Western Europe whose Neolithic ancestors built the many stone monuments still found in Western Europe today. The people we know as the Basques and Celts.
""""""

I have heard that Stonhenge monument was built by continental Germanics?
Guest   Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:12 pm GMT
Stonhenge was built before any IndoEuropeans arrived to Europe.
Royman   Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:07 pm GMT
The Celts are relative newcomers to Europe.
It was the Neolithic, mediterranean people of Western Europe who built Stonehenge, not the Celts.