Do races have different voices?

Guest   Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:48 pm GMT
"So the groupings such as "white", "black", etc. have SOME basis to them, like it or not. "

I personally think referring to someone by their skin colour is racist. Why is it even necessary? Why not just call them Americans, Brazilians, Chinese etc. At least then you're not defining someone someone by the colour of their skin.
Guest   Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 pm GMT
Then children are inherently racist because my cousin (6 year-old) told me yesterday: look at how black that man is. LOL.
domasdmasd   Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:48 pm GMT
<<I personally think referring to someone by their skin colour is racist. Why is it even necessary? Why not just call them Americans, Brazilians, Chinese etc. At least then you're not defining someone someone by the colour of their skin. >>

If your conversation has nothing to do with race then OK, I can see where you're coming from. But what if race is precisely what you're discussing? What if you're actually discussing the fact that some person is black? How can you point out that someone is black for the conversation if you aren't allowed to call them black?

OH WAIT! I forgot that discussing scientific facts of race is taboo!
Daniel   Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:46 am GMT
The short answer...........
Is yes take white Americans they all sound the same
really clear ive never heard a American with a deep voice Never.