Let's make something clear about trolling

Old Timer   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:26 am GMT
I trolled on Antimoon before, but instead of mindless flooding, I tried to come up with something that was at least mildly amusing. Remember the "a man offered me a pearl necklace at a bar" thread? The formula was to pretend to be a clueless individual who knew enough English to post on this forum yet not enough to be aware of certain idiomatic expressions that could land him or her into ridiculous situations. This is just an example of a troll thread that had quality to it. The current trend is to overwhelm with quantity, and I find it totally boring and unworthy of anyone's time.

Please, either come up with something funny and controversial or just shut the fuck up.
are you dumb?   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 am GMT
What? Haven't you read Robin Michael's posts? He's got to be the most skilled troll ever to grace the internet.
Old Timer   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:39 am GMT
I'm sure he's the one who posts the swastikas. How can he be skilled if he's fucking boring? A troll is a troll only if he's read. I don't read Robin Michael. I doubt many others do.
are you dumb?   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 am GMT
But he pisses off, which is the point of trolling. His method for pissing people off is created threads which you're not supposed to read. It works.
Robin Michael   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 am GMT
I can assure you that on the whole I do not indulge in rude or abusive Posts. I admit to being unkind to other contributors in Antimoon. However I do not feel that I am responsible in any way for someone who is writing obscenities.

Whether you read my post or not is up to you. If I felt that my name was not attracting obscene messages, then I would use it more often. Then you would find it easier to ignore my posts.

Obviously I want my posts to be read. If you can come up with some constructive criticism then I will read it. Constructive criticism helps everybody using this site to improve their English. After all, this is a site about using the English language and learning how to use the English language.

This morning, when I woke up I was thinking "Too much for the Magic Bus!" You might not think that it is very relevant. However I enjoyed finding the YouTube video. Relevant or not, it is part of British culture and the English language.

I also posted something about Airey Neave. I discovered that one of my critics 'Niamh' had a name of Irish orgin which was the same name as the British politician the IRA killed with a car bomb.

I also remembered the expression: "Vengeance is mine said the Lord". I managed to find a biblical quote. Surely this is a warning about taking the law into your own hands.
In the name of God!   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 am GMT
“Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD” (Leviticus. 19:18).
Blessed   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:13 am GMT
Resolved Question

What does the Bible say about revenge?

not that I want revenge on anyone,

just so you know,lol.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090417103211AABoolD

jimi4950
Old Timer   Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 am GMT
Robin Michael, a.k.a. vapid troll, I did not fall for your trap and scrolled down your reply!

Burn in e-hell you bastard!
Laura Braun   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am GMT
I have no idea what you are talking about Old Timer. I think that Old Antimoon was worth better than this one now because of the people who were there. We could talk about everything, because English is an open system. It's not only to talk about boring grammar. I was so excited when I found this site several years ago and I wanted to learn English. But English is when you can speak in English about everything what you are interested in - about poetry and music, movies, books, magazines, favorite dishes.
RobinMichael   Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:19 pm GMT
Dear Laura

You are one of my favourite people. I cannot understand why you have not tried to contact me on Livemocha.com

At one time I was only making Eastern European 'friends', but then I got bored and made 'friends' from other places. If I have unknowingly rejected you, please try again.
RobinMichael   Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:34 pm GMT
Dear Laura

(If you find the style in which I have presented the information difficult. I will present it in a different style.)

I have a treat for you.

http://www.journalisted.com/article?id=96400 (not so good)

I have mentioned this web site before.

"journalisted.com"

This is where the link took me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/

I could not find the article on 'Welsh Rarebit' that I wanted. But I have come up with another goodie.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/

I will do a simple search for 'Welsh Rarebit' for you.

BBC - Food - Recipes: Welsh rarebit

Welsh rarebit. Makes 4. cheddar. Preparation time less than 30 mins. Cooking time less than 10 mins. Keith Floyd. By Keith Floyd ...

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/.../welshrarebit_8197.shtml - Cached - Similar

Do you like 'Keith Floyd'?

BBC NEWS | UK | Celebrity chef Keith Floyd dies

15 Sep 2009 ... Chef Keith Floyd, who found fame in ground-breaking 80s cookery shows, has died after a heart attack at the age of 65.

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8256260.stm - Cached - Similar
Caspian   Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:41 pm GMT
Qu'est-ce qui se passe? Je n'ai rien compris.
Laura Braun   Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:40 pm GMT
Dear Robin, I promise to look after your links when I have a time . I think that antimoon is not what it was several years ago. I just lost my interests here. May be because they need to put much more money here. Believe me in a moment when everyone is going to have personal account there is none to write . I have been to such forums. After year or two, or even three everyone is gone.
Dalai Lama   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:07 pm GMT
I got it. Robin Michael is a virus. He's going to reproduce itself until the host dies. That's it. Finished.
Old Timer   Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:30 pm GMT
The best way to treat a forum infected with a trolling virus is to put it under quarantine.

I urge the forumers not to respond to any trolling until it ends.

I also urge the administration to seek a new moderator who could take care of the forum in a more timely manner. I would offer my candidature, being an "old timer" who has enjoyed being a part of Antimoon, but I doubt that my innocuous trolling in the past would make me seem as a good enough person to do the job. :)